Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Non-UA sources showing International Arrival at SFO Domestic T3 (in error?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2018, 5:00 am
Original Poster

I was advised that my UA flight from.TLV is arriving at SFO Terminal 3. Will I clear customs and get my luggage at the International Terminal? I have a car service so will I be let out at the G concourse Customs Exit?

I never arrived T 3 Internationally but I do know they are connected airside with a TSA security checkpoint near the G connector walkway.

Thanks
Old Aug 23, 2018, 5:07 am
Suspended

Programs: Lowest level possible
On which date?
I checked the flight status on the UA app, and it shows UA955 arrivIng at the international terminal this morning and it’s planned to arrive at the international terminal the next couple of days as well.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 5:22 am
Original Poster

Thanks for checking. Interestingly enough other FLIFO websites including Checkmytrip,Flightaware and Google Flights show Terminal 3 for the arrival but UA shows International Terminal Concourse G.

I rely on FlightAware more so than the airline websites but even this can have errors.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's no CBP facility at Terminal 3, so it has to arrive in the international terminal. Sometimes a craft gets towed from Term G to Term 3, but that would happen after disgorging its passengers.

Side note: I don't see any flightaware entries showing Term 3 arrival, although there are some that are missing the arrival gate entirely.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Not possible.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 10:09 am

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
Only option is to exit at International regardless of where flight departs from after. No customs/Immigration at Term 3, though they are linked....
Old Aug 23, 2018, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA MP
International Arrivals always arrive at the International terminal. I've seen flights be delayed for more than a hour from just sitting in the "box" awaiting another aircraft to vacate a gate.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 5:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way
No customs/Immigration at Term 3, though they are linked....
They are NOT linked pre-immigration, which is the only thing that matters for something like this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 1:48 pm

It seems that non-UA sources are not getting accurate flight info these days. On my recent flight of UA8 CTU-SFO, my wife searched Google for the flight status which showed that my flight departed on time but would arrive 6 hours late, making her wonder if there was an emergency with my flight. Google uses "flightstats.com" for its data source. UA app showed the correct time and gate info.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 3:00 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by B747SP
It seems that non-UA sources are not getting accurate flight info these days. On my recent flight of UA8 CTU-SFO, my wife searched Google for the flight status which showed that my flight departed on time but would arrive 6 hours late, making her wonder if there was an emergency with my flight. Google uses "flightstats.com" for its data source. UA app showed the correct time and gate info.
Why anyone prefers to use non-UA sources instead of UA's own flight status page?
Old Aug 24, 2018, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Why anyone prefers to use non-UA sources instead of UA's own flight status page?
Because typing "UA123" into the search bar in your web browser and getting the answer is significantly faster than working out how to ask United for the same information...
Old Aug 24, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Originally Posted by docbert
Because typing "UA123" into the search bar in your web browser and getting the answer is significantly faster than working out how to ask United for the same information...
This. United.com is slow as molasses. It's a lot quicker to get the information almost literally anywhere else.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 5:41 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
True. If information is not accurate, then it is better getting more precise information from united.com.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 5:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
significantly faster than working out how to ask United for the same information...
Why would you want the same information if it's wrong? Accuracy beats speed any day.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Why would you want the same information if it's wrong? Accuracy beats speed any day.
That's the complaint, hence this thread. United.com is a steaming pile at the moment. People would like for third party sources to be reliable since most of them are less terrible. For some reason they are no longer reliable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.