Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Will Saver awards open up for Labor Day Weekend?

Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold, DL Silver

Flying TCON next weekend and all the awards are maxed out at 32.5 o/w for Y. Any chance of them opening up at Saver levels, and if so, when?
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:41 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by nycflyer222
Flying TCON next weekend and all the awards are maxed out at 32.5 o/w for Y. Any chance of them opening up at Saver levels, and if so, when?
Any chance, perhaps but not in a systematic manner. If a flight is undersold, then saver awards might open up. Find a flight with 9's across the board and watch to see if space is opened. However Labor Day weekend is a high leisure travel period and economy space tends to be tight. Another option is to look for Saver F might appear.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nycflyer222
There's always a chance; anytime between now and 30 minutes before departure. UA constantly monitors bookings vs. inventory and will open cheaper fare buckets -- potentially including saver awards -- if they foresee a glut of seats.

That said, holiday weekends tend to be very busy, so I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Labor Day weekend is a really tough time for domestic travel. If you need to fly on points, as a 1K I would book that 32.5k seat right now. You can always cancel and rebook in case of minor miracle (which is what I would consider saver inventory at this point).
Aussienarelle likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.