Wiki Posts
Search

Timing of daily "updates"

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2020, 10:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
Timing of daily "updates"

I'm probably using the wrong terminology here, but does anyone know when UA runs their daily inventory management update? Obviously as seats are sold during the day the inventory changes and fare buckets are adjusted accordingly. At some point (I thought I once heard midnight Central time), UA runs their update, clears upgrades and adjusts fare buckets (e.g. puts some PN or PZ inventory out for consumption). Is it correct this happens daily at a specific time? Just curious as my OCD has me looking for PZ space at all times of the day and night and I could use a break
Old Jan 11, 2020, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bluedemon211
At some point (I thought I once heard midnight Central time), UA runs their update, clears upgrades and adjusts fare buckets (e.g. puts some PN or PZ inventory out for consumption). Is it correct this happens daily at a specific time?
No. It can (and does) happen at any time.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 11:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jsloan
No. It can (and does) happen at any time.
Thanks, I was afraid of that. Back to compulsively checking. If I had any faith in the system correctly processing an UG when the inventory became available, I would not worry as much. However, it seems that since they did their changes to accommodate PP, things aren't as automatic as they used to be.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by bluedemon211
I'm probably using the wrong terminology here, but does anyone know when UA runs their daily inventory management update? Obviously as seats are sold during the day the inventory changes and fare buckets are adjusted accordingly. At some point (I thought I once heard midnight Central time), UA runs their update, clears upgrades and adjusts fare buckets (e.g. puts some PN or PZ inventory out for consumption). Is it correct this happens daily at a specific time? Just curious as my OCD has me looking for PZ space at all times of the day and night and I could use a break
Overnight Chicago time is most common, probably sometime after midnight as a bunch of cron jobs. It's not daily however, something more like often Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and numbers of days in advance of departure that are significant (90, 60, 30, 21, 14, 7, 3.5).

However, adjustments also can and do happen pretty much whenever, in both directions, it's just that those scheduled times are more likely.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by findark
Overnight Chicago time is most common, probably sometime after midnight as a bunch of cron jobs. It's not daily however, something more like often Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and numbers of days in advance of departure that are significant (90, 60, 30, 21, 14, 7, 3.5).

However, adjustments also can and do happen pretty much whenever, in both directions, it's just that those scheduled times are more likely.
Thanks for the additional info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.