Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New Corporate Preferred (upgrade tiebreaker) / new 'preferred' seating section

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 13, 2018, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United Airlines Strengthens Commitment to Top Corporate Customers with Launch of United Corporate Preferred

New exclusive program provides multi-level benefits to airline's top business travelers

SAN DIEGO, Aug. 13, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines today debuted United Corporate Preferred, the industry's newest corporate travel program designed to offer top travel benefits to the airline's most loyal business customers. United announced the new program this morning at the Global Business Traveler Association (GBTA) Convention in San Diego.

United Corporate Preferred is a new and exclusive benefits program that provides added perks for the airline's top corporate customers. A multi-level program, United Corporate Preferred offers escalating benefits at three levels, including United Corporate Preferred, United Corporate Preferred Plus and United Corporate Preferred Elite. Eligibility for the new program is determined by a corporation's contract status, revenue contribution and loyalty with United. Eligible corporate agreements include United corporate share agreements, United PassPlus and United Meetings.

"Every day thousands of road warriors are jetting off on United to work events and business meetings all over the world," said Jake Cefolia, United's senior vice president of Worldwide Sales. "We designed our United Corporate Preferred program with the customer's entire travel experience in mind, from booking to landing, to identify opportunities to show our appreciation to our loyal business customers with a program that offers extra perks and travel benefits."

Benefits offered to all United Corporate Preferred customers include:
• Preferred upgrades – tie-breaker preferences for upgrades.
• Preferred standby – prioritization when traveling on standby for a different flight and when waitlisting for a seat in a different cabin or booking class.
• Operational adjustment protection – protection during travel interruptions, as well as seat protection to retain the same or similar seat in the event of an aircraft swap.
• Preferred discounts and offers – eligibility to receive exclusive promotions offered by both United and its partners in the near future.

Customers in the airline's new United Corporate Preferred Elite level will also receive the following:
• Additional travel waiver flexibility – when United has a travel waiver in place, customers will receive additional flexibility to adjust their travel beyond restrictions in place on the standard waiver.
• Preferred boarding – later this year, customers will receive priority boarding in group two.
• Preferred seating – later this year, customers will have access to book designated standard economy seats closer to the front of the plane.

To receive these benefits, tickets must be flown on United or United Express flights, reservations must include the customer's corporate account number at the time of booking, and the travel must be for the corporate customer's business. Companies invited to participate in United Corporate Preferred will receive a tailored webpage with information on benefits eligible to their employees. For more information on the program, visit unitedcorporatepreferred.com.
What benefits do United Corporate Preferred travelers receive?
Specific benefits are listed below. Being a multi-level program, within each benefit in tie-breaker scenarios, United Corporate Preferred Elite travelers receive the highest priority, followed by United Corporate Preferred Plus and then United Corporate Preferred.
Preferred seating FAQs

Originally Posted by alanstar
, the $9 "preferred seating" are available for free at T-24 check-in.
Refunds:
UA says
Refunds for preferred seating purchases are processed automatically after scheduled departure in the event of flight cancellation change, when travel is completed in a standard United Economy seat, or when travel is completed in a seat of equal or greater value through the purchase of a premium cabin seating offer.
and
In the event of a ticket refund or cancellation, preferred seating purchases will be automatically refunded.
If you decide to change your flight, your preferred seating purchase will be automatically refunded. If the ticket is partially used at the time of the change, only the value of unused preferred seating will be refunded.
Preferred seats access for elites
MileagePlus Premier® members will receive access to preferred seating, where available, at no additional cost.
Appears to be for entire PNR and not limited like E+ elite access.

Preferred seat refunds (changed flights, upgraded, purchased E+, ...)

Print Wikipost

New Corporate Preferred (upgrade tiebreaker) / new 'preferred' seating section

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2019, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
I am rather surprised by

Customers receive preference in retaining their original seat assignment or seat attributes (such as aisle, window, etc.) in the event of an aircraft swap.
...mostly because it implies that UA believes they possess the technical capability to do this
Old Feb 5, 2019, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by findark
I am rather surprised by

...mostly because it implies that UA believes they possess the technical capability to do this
+1. Can they even do this for GS and 1K now?
Old Feb 5, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by drewguy
+1. Can they even do this for GS and 1K now?
No, lol.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
I am rather surprised by

I don't see "Exclusions apply to all variants of the 777" in the fine print.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 6:56 am

Programs: Delta Gold
Haven't flown United in a while, and I noticed they just added "preferred seating" to my flight this weekend (DEN-BOS). There's a couple rows between E+ and the exit rows that are now selling for $9. Do these seats get released for free at T-24 like Delta does, or do they stay for sale right up until departure?
Old Feb 9, 2019, 3:25 pm

Programs: Delta Gold
To answer my own question, in case others are interested - yes, the $9 "preferred seating" are available for free at T-24 check-in.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 9:07 pm

Anyone know if US/Federal Government travel has an Account? I booked travel using the United Government/ military link, and don't have access to any preferred seats. Nor with my *G status added. And I looked at e2 and it shows a premium/upcharge for them as well. So I'm guessing it's all right and we're just left out, but thought maybe someone here would know more.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 8:21 pm

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
I have seen several aircraft configurations in 753s where this new preferred seating was taken from E+ as well as E. They really shrank E+ in those aircraft to the point where they were clearly able to add a row or more of seating.
I have also seen this to a lesser degree in a couple of 763 configurations.

This new preferred seating appears to be a way to optimize the seating in these aircraft. E+ may be more difficult to reserve on some flights.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 8:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by 8MiHi
I have seen several aircraft configurations in 753s where this new preferred seating was taken from E+ as well as E. They really shrank E+ in those aircraft to the point where they were clearly able to add a row or more of seating.
I have also seen this to a lesser degree in a couple of 763 configurations.

This new preferred seating appears to be a way to optimize the seating in these aircraft. E+ may be more difficult to reserve on some flights.
They haven't changed the seating on board at all. They've just slapped a new name on existing seats. Slimling of the 753s was an independent process.

Last edited by Kacee; Feb 16, 2019 at 8:49 pm
Old Feb 17, 2019, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
look at the seat configuration for UA1273 on 29 August (SFO-OGG).
They clearly have fit another row in there.
Perhaps the depiction is not to scale, but I doubt it.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 3:12 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Yes, but see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...m-seatmap.html for discussion of E- pitch and E+ count (the same)

That seatmap is the so-called interim/incomplete seatmap (cross check row numbers)

and all the corporation prefer seats are E- seats -- to make the discussion easier, copy the image of that flights present (interim) seatmap

What is odd is UA still using the interim seat map as all 753s in-service have been "slimmed" -- UA still considering a different aircraft change?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 17, 2019 at 3:25 pm Reason: image
Old Feb 17, 2019, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
What is odd is UA still using the interim seat map as all 753s in-service have been "slimmed" -- UA still considering a different aircraft change?
Changing the templated seatmap for 753 is probably not very high on their priority list
Old Feb 17, 2019, 3:49 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Changing the templated seatmap for 753 is probably not very high on their priority list
They've been really slow with the seatmap updates, it is clearly not a priority.
That has zero to do with the introduction of preferred seating.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
That has zero to do with the introduction of preferred seating.
Perhaps it does not. I have not flown a 753 since the slimlining and was quite taken aback by the configuration of E+, E- and Preferred seating.
While it has been noted elsewhere that only 1 E+ seat has been lost in the process, the plane is more densely populated.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 9:15 pm

While it has been noted elsewhere that only 1 E+ seat has been lost in the process, the plane is more densely populated.
Yes, that's what happens when they slimline. It's kind of the whole point of putting in a thinner seat. You can fit more of them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.