Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New UA Slimline seats = Spirit w/more legroom

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New UA Slimline seats = Spirit w/more legroom

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2018, 1:07 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by emcampbe
Don’t know about Spirit - I refuse to fly them. But I’ve been on IB and LH Intra-EU and those are worse...by a significant margin. I beleive most of the short haul EU carriers - BA, etc. are the same.
LH seats are much thinner!
Old Aug 3, 2018, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by transportprof
Why is this exit row seat hardness not a problem on UA's Boeing aircraft? What is it about 737 exit row seats that avoids the need for a rock hard seat pan?
The Boeing aircraft use a different slimline seat from a different manufacturer (BA Aerospace) instead of the Recaro slimline seats used on Airbus aircraft. I'm not totally sure what the difference in seat composition is with the two manufacturers, but the 2014 Wall Street Journal article "Skinnier Seats on More Crowded Planes - WSJ" specifically highlighted the exit row issues on the Airbus aircraft as a problem (for the reason I described above).

Personal experience - I have no issues with the slimline exit row seats on Boeing Aircraft, but go out of my way to avoid them on the Airbus aircraft.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.