FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1921755-consolidated-polaris-lounge-access-questions-thread.html)

Kyle Friedman Jan 10, 2023 6:04 pm

Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread

flying europe to Houston on united polaris business then I have a 3 hour layover and connection to San Antonio. will I have access to polaris lounge when I arrive in Houston? I ask because this is what is on united website
  • Re-entry to the airport after clearing customs is not permitted without further eligible onward travel. Access upon arrival is available to customers who have already made a domestic connection.
to me it doesn't sound like I will

VRFast Jan 10, 2023 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by Kyle Friedman (Post 34912768)
flying europe to Houston on united polaris business then I have a 3 hour layover and connection to San Antonio. will I have access to polaris lounge when I arrive in Houston? I ask because this is what is on united website
  • Re-entry to the airport after clearing customs is not permitted without further eligible onward travel. Access upon arrival is available to customers who have already made a domestic connection.
to me it doesn't sound like I will

As long as you have onward travel at IAH, sounds like you do (SAT), you will get into the Polaris lounge. Obviously, you’ll have to re-clear security after you clear customs. Just keep your Polaris boarding pass handy.
The bullet point you quoted is in cases where you end your travel at IAH (in this case), then you won’t be able to clear security to get to the Polaris lounge, since you do not have an onward BP.

RobOnLI Jan 10, 2023 6:11 pm

The website wording has been vague since they added Polaris years ago. Yes, you have access at IAH on your way to SAT if you originate in Europe in business class on UA. The IAH-SAT flight can be in any class of service, just as long as you came over to IAH in business on an international long haul (many IAH-central/south America flights do not qualify). Europe is fine.

-RM

VRFast Jan 10, 2023 6:15 pm

Your onward domestic flight doesn’t even have to be on UA, I think, as long as you can clear security to get to it.

jsloan Jan 10, 2023 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by RobOnLI (Post 34912791)
The website wording has been vague since they added Polaris years ago. Yes, you have access at IAH on your way to SAT if you original in Europe in business class. The IAH-SAT flight can be in any class of service, just as long as you came over to IAH in business on an international long haul (many IAH-central/south America flights do not qualify). Europe is fine.

-RM

Specifically, the International long haul must be operated by UA, which it is in this instance. If OP were flying LH to/from IAH in J, there'd be access on the way to Europe but not on the way home.

Originally Posted by VRFast (Post 34912806)
Your onward domestic flight doesn’t even have to be on UA, I think, as long as you can clear security to get to it.

Correct.

SFO_LOW_CLOUDS Jan 10, 2023 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by Kyle Friedman (Post 34912768)
will I have access to polaris lounge when I arrive in Houston?

Yes

WJ_Fan_147 Jan 11, 2023 9:48 pm

I read the wiki and tried searching already so I just want to confirm I understand it correctly. I have an aeroplan reward flight in business class on ANA (YVR-NRT) and then returning on United (NRT-LAX) and AC (LAX-YVR).

Am I correct that on arrival at LAX I can access the Polaris Lounge as I will be flying on United metal even though my ticket was not purchased from United? I have a 5 hour layover (yikes!) and it would be nice to shower and eat in the Polaris Lounge at LAX before my connecting flight home to YVR. Also any suggestions for what to do for 5 hours at LAX :S

Kacee Jan 11, 2023 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by WJ_Fan_147 (Post 34916627)
I read the wiki and tried searching already so I just want to confirm I understand it correctly. I have an aeroplan reward flight in business class on ANA (YVR-NRT) and then returning on United (NRT-LAX) and AC (LAX-YVR)

Am I correct that on arrival at LAX I can access the Polaris Lounge as I will be flying on United metal even though my ticket was not purchased from United? I have a 5 hour layover (yikes!) and it would be nice to shower and eat in the Polaris Lounge at LAX before my connecting flight home to YVR. Also any suggestions for what to do for 5 hours at LAX :S

Yes, you'll have Polaris access at LAX.

Five hours is more than enough time to go to In-n-Out. Or you might go to one of the beach towns (Venice or Manhattan).

susiesan Jan 19, 2023 10:55 am

Flying CPT-IAD in Polaris, then IAD-ORD in F, then ORD-MCI in coach on Business award tickets. I have a 2h47m layover at IAD and 3h10 layover at ORD.

Which lounges will I be able to access? Can I use the Polaris lounge at ORD as it will be the same day?

VRFast Jan 19, 2023 11:03 am

You will at least have access to PL at IAD (I assume you meant IAD), ORD as well if same day.

susiesan Jan 19, 2023 11:13 am

Originally Posted by VRFast (Post 34939402)
You will at least have access to PL at IAD (I assume you meant IAD), ORD as well if same day.

Yes, the journey is all same day.

Related to this trip, is there a lounge at CPT to use before boarding a Polaris flight?

JayhawkCO Jan 19, 2023 11:19 am

Originally Posted by susiesan (Post 34939433)
Yes, the journey is all same day.

Related to this trip, is there a lounge at CPT to use before boarding a Polaris flight?

Looks like UA uses the BA lounge.

WineCountryUA Jan 19, 2023 11:25 am

Originally Posted by susiesan (Post 34939433)

Your best resource for this is

UA - Other Lounges
or
the *A lounge Finder

Both point you to
British Airways Lounge

Eligibility
  • United Polaris® business class customers

st3 Jan 19, 2023 11:55 am

Any recent experiences with an overnight layover and PL access?

I burned some of my PlusPoints upgrading my sister who will have an overnight layover in EWR, UA75 gets in at 8:25PM and her connecting flight is 10:10AM the next morning.

herman1989 Jan 20, 2023 1:28 am

LAX- IAH , IAH-SYD seprate ticket

Lax - IAh cash ticket
IAH- SYd mileage ticket in polaris
Different tickets and PNR number . Contacted chat to « link ticket « asked about lounge access and they said no.
FlyerTalk banner says eligible for Polaris access in LAX but United website isn’t specific enough to say same ticket just same day routing ?
i wouldn’t have a boarding pass for IAH Syd yet so I guess it makes it difficult
Do I go early to LAX to try or just suck it up