Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Stow a bag taking up someone else’s seat....get a free upgrade!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stow a bag taking up someone else’s seat....get a free upgrade!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2018, 3:17 am
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
If you're in a bulkhead, as I always am, your only storage space is in the overheads. Nowhere else. Same thing if you are in 7B on a CR7, where there is no seat in front of you (only the aisle in F and so acres of footroom once loading is complete) and no seatback pocket either. Your storage space is in the overheads. If you have a personal item as well as a larger carry-on, so be it. All in the overheads. End of story.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 5:48 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
This past Sunday, the two passengers in the bulkhead seats across the aisle from where I was sitting tried to put their bags under their seats. The FA caught them and told them that the only place for their bags was in the overhead bin. By that time the only space was a few rows back. Nice trying to get all the advantages of a bulkhead seat without the inconveniences......
Old Jul 25, 2018, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by txaggiemiles
Got it. Ya I still don't understand the upgrade list and open seats or whatever on the flight but agree it isn't likely important to the story.

That is strange behavior by the FA imo and a reasonable request by 9C. Did you hear 9C ask 8B to remove the bag?
Sorry, I should have been more clear and just left out the gripe about my upgrade. I was never on the list, and prior to door closure one person cleared, no one else was on the list and their was one open seat at pushback that eventually went to 8B.

To begin with FA came by and told 8B to stow bag; I didn't catch the discussion with 8C but I never saw 9C say anything directly to 8B....he took the issue directly with the FA that was in aisle when all this happened.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 10:32 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
So, to summarize: 8B's bag is on the upgrade list and doesn't clear, but instead 9C's lap child gets placed under OP's seat?

1P and DELee like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.