Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Monthly Statement Gripe - "YOUR UC MEMBERSHIP EXPIRES SOON" ????? {sent in error}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Monthly Statement Gripe - "YOUR UC MEMBERSHIP EXPIRES SOON" ????? {sent in error}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2018, 7:31 am

My buddy is a Lifetime Member as well, got the same email and did actually call in and speak with someone who was clearly misinformed.

He was telling me while almost laughing that she (the UNITED employee) told him UNITED had ended the Lifetime Program and the email was informing of his new expiration date.

He hung up, said silly UNITED and is not giving it a second thought. He said next time he flies, he will ask at the club to double check, but he is positive that they are not ending Lifetime Memberships and assigning expiration dates, just a case of poor IT.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 7:42 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Just spoke with them, and was informed that the email was sent in error. Current Lifetime UA Club members are not affected, but she also said they will no longer be offering NEW Lifetime memberships.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Same here as a lifetime UC member, I received the annoying renewal notice in the monthly statement email.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 8:17 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mauld
.... she also said they will no longer be offering NEW Lifetime memberships.
That occurred years ago, UA has not offered UC Lifetime Memberships sine shortly after the merger.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 10:36 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
First you click the "multiquote" button for every quote that you want to quote, then you click the "quote" button. All the quotes will appear and then you can write your comments or questions.
Thank you for your quick lesson how to use multiquote function.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 11:40 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by sexykitten7
I've been opted in to that for years and haven't gotten email statements since the olden days. Ha! Thought maybe I had set a gmail filter to delete united spam but it isn't that either. Perhaps only club members are worthy of such amenities???
Same here . . . was thinking it could be my email address, but if gmail doesn't work either . . .
Old Jul 21, 2018, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by mauld
Just spoke with them, and was informed that the email was sent in error. Current Lifetime UA Club members are not affected, but she also said they will no longer be offering NEW Lifetime memberships.
So, when can we expect our “oops” email. I’m guessing, oh (channeling the church lady) NEVER.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by milepig

So, when can we expect our “oops” email. I’m guessing, oh (channeling the church lady) NEVER.
So in typical UA IT fashion... today I got an email with the subject "Important Information about your United Club membership" which sounds ominous and slightly alarmed me (didn't help that I had issues scanning into a UC this morning!)

Only to open it and find...

The monthly MileagePlus® statement email you recently received may have incorrectly stated that your United ClubSM membership was up for renewal. There is no change to your membership – it is still valid through February 28, 2019.We apologize for the inconvenience
I guess better late and alarmist than never...
Old Jul 25, 2018, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
So in typical UA IT fashion... today I got an email with the subject "Important Information about your United Club membership" which sounds ominous and slightly alarmed me (didn't help that I had issues scanning into a UC this morning!)

Only to open it and find...

I guess better late and alarmist than never...

I got the same email today, at least they are correcting previous (incorrect) communication.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.