Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cheap same day round trip anywhere

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2018, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Gotcha, I have IAH-LAX coming up and will check that one. Thanks.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 10:04 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by pecck
Gotcha, I have IAH-LAX coming up and will check that one. Thanks.
Just did a dummy booking online for IAH-LAX. I found connecting flights through DEN, PHX, DFW, LAS, SAN and AUS. Good luck. Please come back and let us know what you end up with.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 10:08 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by pecck
How do you go about adding the extra segment? I have a flight tomorrow morning IAH-MSY and back again MSY-IAH tomorrow evening. I looked at the United app and only see the ability to change my flight, not add a segment.
Closest hub is Chicago, so unlikely to be offered that @:-)

But the LAX flight should offer all kinds of possibilities.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Just did a dummy booking online for IAH-LAX. I found connecting flights through DEN, PHX, DFW, LAS, SAN and AUS. Good luck. Please come back and let us know what you end up with.
The routes that you see when you book online may have no correlation to what is offered by the app as part of an SDC. Besides DEN, which may be a possibility (I’d have to look), none of the other cities can be routed on an IAH-LAX fare. Instead, what you’re seeing is the website constructing a fare by introducing a fare break at the transfer point.

The reason that matters is that the official rules restrict you to the routings for the underlying fare. That doesn’t mean that you won’t ever see something that’s prohibited — it wouldn’t surprise me at all for IAH-AUS-LAX to be offered by the app. It does mean that if the app doesn’t offer it, an agent might not choose to offer it either.

I have seen IAH-DEN-AUS and IAH-ORD-AUS offered; obviously, neither of those is a legal routing. It’s possible that the app just isn’t in a giving mood today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.