Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Dad ditches kid in coach to sit in Polaris leaving me to entertain him

Dad ditches kid in coach to sit in Polaris leaving me to entertain him

Old Jul 21, 2018, 8:14 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
"I tell you, kids nowadays are not as independent and well-behaved as kids in my day."

Said by a large number of adults since forever.

"When I was six years old, we would wander outside the cave and battle mountain lions all day, and we never bothered any adults, and we liked it. Nowadays, kids stay in the cave, near a warm fire, drawing stupid things on the cave wall, and they feel entitled to one meal a day. This new generation is the worst generation."
Old Jul 21, 2018, 8:35 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
But did your neighbors? Maybe after their flight they ranted to their friends that they had to make conversation to two kids that did not stop chattering........
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
but you prob annoyed the heck out of your seat mates.
No more so than we would have annoyed people had we been with our parents in coach or in First.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 11:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
But did your neighbors? Maybe after their flight they ranted to their friends that they had to make conversation to two kids that did not stop chattering........
THIS is what baffles me. Who is forcing anyone to make conversation with their seat mate? I’ll ignore a kid the same way I’d ignore a talkative businessman. I put on my headphones and don’t make eye contact. If the kid has a question about how something works, I’ll show him where the call button is, or I’ll press it myself.
If the kid really is not allowed to be sitting in a different cabin than his father, report it immediately to the FA and make her take cae if it.

Last edited by chavala; Jul 22, 2018 at 1:07 am
Old Jul 23, 2018, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by chavala

THIS is what baffles me. Who is forcing anyone to make conversation with their seat mate? I’ll ignore a kid the same way I’d ignore a talkative businessman. I put on my headphones and don’t make eye contact. If the kid has a question about how something works, I’ll show him where the call button is, or I’ll press it myself.
If the kid really is not allowed to be sitting in a different cabin than his father, report it immediately to the FA and make her take cae if it.

At the age of 2 I knew how to turn on my neighbors old TV its the knob let alone use a computer pre Windows in 1984. My Father worked for Activudion and yes we had an Atari. So of course I knew how to plug in those pneumatic headsets and turn the channel way before AVOD. At age 8 I was flying Unaccompianed to and from.my Grandparemmnts in LA.

At age 12 I went to Israel as a UM. I never bothered a fellow passenger on any flight unless we struck up a mutual conversation but I knew when to stop yakking!

I was a rare kid calling up TWA and Delta's FLIFO system around 1996 and playing around with Easy Sabre and WinRez for hotel reservations setying up a mock hotel at my house. At age 11 I signed up for AOL with the free disk you got at a computer store.

So yea when AVOD came around it was cool. I still remember the old UA IFE on a loop on a 772 back in May 2007!
Old Jul 23, 2018, 4:23 am

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by HoustonConsultant
When I was six years old, we would wander outside the cave and battle mountain lions all day
Cave? You had a cave? Kids back then had it easy...we would have killed for a cave.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 10:47 pm

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by Miles Ahead
Cave? You had a cave? Kids back then had it easy...we would have killed for a cave.
we had to walk 40 miles, uphill, in the snow, to be able to find a cave.... People just don't understand how lucky they have it.

And this kid could have had this seatmate instead: https://nypost.com/2018/07/23/woman-...ion-complaint/

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.