Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Advice for changing segment upgraded with miles to a later flight with R available

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advice for changing segment upgraded with miles to a later flight with R available

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2018, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cfischer
minor schedule change. Still within MCT by quite a bit. They will probably move you, but they will unlikely open up 'R' in that scenario. Doesn't hurt to call and ask, but unless the schedule change puts you below MCT I doubt they will consider opening up 'R'.
I disagree; OP was already upgraded, so I'd expect that the agent would preserve the upgrade.

Originally Posted by Kacee
There's also a decent chance of more schedule changes nearly five months out.
That is definitely true, which is why it's important to be polite and accept a 'no' if it happens. You may be in the position of wanting to try again.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
Thanks all, I appreciate the feedback. I’ll give it a couple of days to see if R shows up before I call.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Opposite question:

I am waitlisted for RPU on SFO-OGG but now see R inventory available for flights that are 2 hours and 22 hours earlier than my current flight.

Can I switch to an earlier flight without paying a $200 change fee or do I have to wait for SDC window (at which point R inventory may be gone)? The current fare difference is +$140 from my original flight.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Can I switch to an earlier flight without paying a $200 change fee or do I have to wait for SDC window (at which point R inventory may be gone)? The current fare difference is +$140 from my original flight.
Not without extenuating circumstances (e.g., a schedule change).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.