Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LAS lounge options - United Club / "The Club" (with Priority Pass) / Centurion lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAS lounge options - United Club / "The Club" (with Priority Pass) / Centurion lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2018, 6:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by trm2
The Club is small, dark, offers no views and doesn’t have a restroom.
I believe you're referring to the one in T3.

The one in T1 should have nice views, but that is what I have researched as I have not been myself, yet.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 6:54 pm

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
I’m talking about the one by gate D2, which is considered T1. I was there 3 weeks ago.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 7:01 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
The D-gates Club has better free beer (e.g., Guinness) than the UC, plus a selection of popcorn. But it lacks a bathroom. So I'm struggling to imagine why I'd want to return there unless I had a whole lot of time on my hands at LAS.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by trm2
I’m talking about the one by gate D2, which is considered T1.
Concourse D is considered neither T1 nor T3.

Depending on the airline you're flying you're assigned either T1 or T3 depending on where their checkin/baggage claim is, but Concourse D itself is in neither terminal.

eg, If you're flying UA, then you go to T3, then depart from Concourse D. If you're flying Delta, then you go to T1, then depart from Concourse D.

Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
The UC is mostly empty - quiet - I'm often surprised they even have a club at LAS with so few people attending.......
Depends entirely on when you're there. Last time I was there was Thursday afternoon on the day a few conventions had ended (including the one I was in town for). There was hardly a seat free.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 7:43 pm
Suspended

Ok thanks all. For the record flying Air Canada, so departing from the D gates. That said, my understanding is the Club at the D gates has a decent view but I believe the consensus from patrons on this thread is to go to the UA lounge irregardless?
Old Jul 9, 2018, 8:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
Ok thanks all. For the record flying Air Canada, so departing from the D gates.
Air Canada "departs" from terminal 3 (ie, that's where you'll check-in, before catching the train to the D gates). One you get through security, you can turn right and walk down to the E2 "Club at LAS" which is most likely the best of the 3.

From there to the gate in D will take you no more than 10 minutes, depending on how well you time the train.
longtimeflyin likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 4:22 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
LV is 3rd largest convention city after Chicago and Orlando. I think that was main motivation by CO at the time. Can get real crowded at/towards end of larger conventions, but most of the time it is blissfully uncrowded.
Also, I recollect that CO management spent a lot of attention to us of FlyerTalk, and there was a long conversation about where we wanted a new club. It opened about the same time as their first super premium credit card (the Presidential Plus which was roughly equivalent to the United Club card) and had a big FT DO around the opening.

Last edited by worldwidedreamer; Jul 10, 2018 at 4:22 am Reason: Grammer
Old Jul 10, 2018, 5:43 am

Programs: Hertz PC
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer

Also, I recollect that CO management spent a lot of attention to us of FlyerTalk, and there was a long conversation about where we wanted a new club. It opened about the same time as their first super premium credit card (the Presidential Plus which was roughly equivalent to the United Club card) and had a big FT DO around the opening.
Always wondered why they had United Red Carpet Club so far from gates at LAS.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 10:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by docbert
Air Canada "departs" from terminal 3 (ie, that's where you'll check-in, before catching the train to the D gates). One you get through security, you can turn right and walk down to the E2 "Club at LAS" which is most likely the best of the 3.

From there to the gate in D will take you no more than 10 minutes, depending on how well you time the train.
Just for clarity sake, this E2 Club at LAS is the one that has no windows, right?
Old Jul 10, 2018, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by bhunt
Like, in LA? I don't recall a RCC at LAS.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
Love the runway/Strip views from the UC in LAS. And, as others have mentioned, it is fairly uncrowded most times of the year. The bar is fully stocked and bartenders are very friendly. Definitely better than The Club, IMHO.
longtimeflyin likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 4:12 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by bhunt
Others might remember more than me, but I thing it is close to where CO operated gates. At many airports post merger gate locations moved.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer

Others might remember more than me, but I thing it is close to where CO operated gates. At many airports post merger gate locations moved.
Pre-merger, CO operated out of gate 17-26 wing. There were no longer lounges there prior to merger, nor in the wing that AA currently occupies. The wing now UA occupies (last one completed) never had a lounge. May be wrong, but memories of a RCC in D gates area are faulty. I flew w/ CO mainly prior to merger, so I’m not 100% sure...

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Jul 13, 2018 at 4:57 am
Old Jul 13, 2018, 8:27 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Also remember, before United's wing at LAS was built they were indeed right there in that wing where the former CO club (now UA) club lies.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
May be wrong, but memories of a RCC in D gates area are faulty. I flew w/ CO mainly prior to merger, so I’m not 100% sure...
I'm in the same boat. I remember a quite lovely America West lounge outside security, but it closed sometime in the late 2000s, and vaguely remember a Delta Club somewhere above their ticket counter. Don't ever remember a Red Carpet Club.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.