Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What is the UA elite status expiration / change date -- when does the app update?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 28, 2018, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
When does elite status change, if lower. for the coming year?
Midnight (local time) 31 Jan 20xx
(website/mobile app resets Midnight Central USA / Chicago / Houston time)

If status, due to achieving a higher status, is high, the change should update quickly -- once the miles/PQMs post or reason for new higher status is processed.

Note to earn a status level (if not due to MMer companion status or a matched / challenge status), you need to meet all the required elements for the status level in a calendar year unless you are exempt / waived from a requirement
- PQMs
- PQDs
- 4 UA operated flight segments

Earn Silver / Gold / Plat / 1K this year, how long will it last?
If you earn a status level (not a challenge), it is good for the remainder of the year you earned it plus the full next calendar year plus January of the next year. So a minimum of 13 months up to 24 months. Example if you earn a new status in Aug of YYYY you will have at least the status until January YYYY+2

The app / card / website shows my status expiration as Jan XXXX but I thought it was Jan XXXX+1?
This is standard, the shown expirations date is always for the next January, it will be updated at the end of that January to the next year's January (if appropriate)

related thread
What happens when dropping status levels – E+ access, upgrade priority & similar Qs

And the reverse issue, when increasing a status level
How long / time to update status? [Crossing/changing tiers/status] What to do ?
Print Wikipost

What is the UA elite status expiration / change date -- when does the app update?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2018, 10:48 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
Is there anywhere to confirm when my Premier Status expires?

I am currently Premier Silver, but i didnt earn Silver last year, and am hoping to claim it using RewardsPlus;

How can one check the expiration date of your status?

If I earned Silver last year, my status would continue thru Jan 2019, but would there be anywhere to see this date
Old Jan 3, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: UA Plat (1MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC
You can check your 2018 status online at mystatus.united.com
Old Jan 3, 2018, 10:54 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by caseminole
I am currently Premier Silver, but i didnt earn Silver last year, and am hoping to claim it using RewardsPlus;

How can one check the expiration date of your status?

If I earned Silver last year, my status would continue thru Jan 2019, but would there be anywhere to see this date
The virtual cards on the UA app or on United.com both show the expiration date (Jan 2018). Whether or not it will continue past that date due to Marriott match is not visible as far as I am aware

Originally Posted by Nihon_Ni
You can check your 2018 status online at mystatus.united.com
It will not show the Marriott match which is the OPs query

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 3, 2018 at 10:56 am Reason: self-merge
Old Jan 3, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
I have my bump to Marriott Platinum, so I should be covered there thru 2018 and first part of 2019.

Have yet to see any news re: RewardsPlus and 2018

I have Flex PQM , they expire 3/31/2018, so I need to know if i should apply them to 2017 (in case RewardsPlus wont continue) or 2018 (they are expiring anyways)

I know I seem maybe ask the same questions over and over, but sometimes if you arent careful with these programs and how they work, i can get burned
Old Jan 3, 2018, 11:36 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
I have Flex PQM , they expire 3/31/2018, so I need to know if i should apply them to 2017 (in case RewardsPlus wont continue) or 2018 (they are expiring anyways)
Depends. How many do you have expiring and how many need for 2017 to hit the next tier? Applying FPQMs to 2018 will give you a jump on 2019 status (good till Jan 2020).
Old Jan 3, 2018, 11:47 am

I have my bump to Marriott Platinum, so I should be covered there thru 2018 and first part of 2019.

I know I seem maybe ask the same questions over and over, but sometimes if you arent careful with these programs and how they work, i can get burned
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for news on rewardsplus
Old Jan 3, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: UA LT Gold, American Kettle, Hertz #1 Presidents Circle, Marriott LT Platinum

How would you apply them to 2017. Its 2018 now and won't they count for your 2018 status?
Old Jan 3, 2018, 11:56 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Originally Posted by drowelf
How would you apply them to 2017. Its 2018 now and won't they count for your 2018 status?
You have the choice right now (and I believe until 31 Mar) to apply to either year.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold, American Kettle, Hertz #1 Presidents Circle, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by Say Vandelay
You have the choice right now (and I believe until 31 Mar) to apply to either year.
While I did have some back in 2016, I was not aware of that. I converted from the Personal PP Card to the Business Club Card in 2014, so I burned my expiring Flex Miles back in 2016.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by Say Vandelay
Depends. How many do you have expiring and how many need for 2017 to hit the next tier? Applying FPQMs to 2018 will give you a jump on 2019 status (good till Jan 2020).
I'm 12,000 miles short of Silver. I have 11,000 FLEX PQM expiring March 31, 2018 and the other 1,000 I can make up from other miles not set to expire.

However, I dont want to waste them if i dont have to

If RewardsPlus continues this year, my Marriott Platinum will cover me for Silver, and I can apply the 11,000 expiring miles to the 2018 qualifying year, just in case RewardsPlus doesnt continue "next year"

Complicated I know

I have plenty of Flex PQM (but not enough to burn randomly), newly acquired Marriott Platinum status, and 12K short of Silver from 2017
Old Jan 3, 2018, 12:44 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
At this point, you can wait to next month/February to see what happens. if status continues you are fine.
If status does not continue your have Febraury to see if the Marriott programs continues
If the Marriott match program does not continue (unlikely IMO), you have March to decide if how to use your FPQMs
drewguy likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
At this point, you can wait to next month/February to see what happens. if status continues you are fine.
If status does not continue your have Febraury to see if the Marriott programs continues
If the Marriott match program does not continue (unlikely IMO), you have March to decide if how to use your FPQMs
sounds like a plan
Old Jan 3, 2018, 3:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (2020:Exp), United Gold
From what I'm reading, seems OP is not currently enrolled in RewardsPlus. So if the accounts aren't linked, status will NOT continue. So perhaps prudent to do so at this time?

Unfortunately, the digital MileagePlus card doesn't update its expiration date, so would have to wait until Feb 1 to see if it worked.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by wh6cto
From what I'm reading, seems OP is not currently enrolled in RewardsPlus. So if the accounts aren't linked, status will NOT continue. So perhaps prudent to do so at this time?

Unfortunately, the digital MileagePlus card doesn't update its expiration date, so would have to wait until Feb 1 to see if it worked.
i enrolled last year.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
The miles expire in March, but if i wait until March 31, i can still apply them towards 2018 status correct?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.