Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When the only option is Basic Economy

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2018, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by findark
+1. If by some horrible turn of events I were stuck with this fare, I think I would try to bark up the food chain until I got someone to force-revalidate the segment in K, which should clear up the BE issues with the computer. But it's frustrating you can't just get put through to RM to report a bug
I don't think any airline wants to give passengers the ability to get someone from RM on the phone.
Remember the Virgin Atlantic article where whispering "revenue management" and speaking to them on the phone would suddenly give you an upgrade from Economy to Business (as if...seriously people...)?
I can guarantee you that this trick has been tried on AA/UA/DL/B6/etc since it's posting. And this is why we can't ever have good things in life.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by laxmillenial
I don't think any airline wants to give passengers the ability to get someone from RM on the phone.
Remember the Virgin Atlantic article where whispering "revenue management" and speaking to them on the phone would suddenly give you an upgrade from Economy to Business (as if...seriously people...)?
I can guarantee you that this trick has been tried on AA/UA/DL/B6/etc since it's posting. And this is why we can't ever have good things in life.
Of course, but one can dream
Old Jun 30, 2018, 6:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Did you get get an e-ticket receipt from United about this trip? What did it say your baggage allowance was?

It would be totally fascinating to see somebody book this trip and then unexpectedly end up in the last boarding group and have a gate agent promise them that they must check their carry-on bag and pay for it, and additionally promise that they must have been warned about this at booking time.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by laxmillenial
I don’t need a phone number. I’d be happy with an issue tracking system. Heck, I’d be happy with an inbox that I knew was monitored by someone who would understand statements like “You’ve got a non-BE fare that’s booking into N.” It’d be even better if they’d allow feature requests — “please consider updating the routing table on your SIN fares, because they’re still built to take advantage of the HKG-SIN fifth freedom flight that you haven’t operated in a year.”

If I send either of those two messages to 1KVoice, I’m wasting my time and I’m wasting their time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.