Community
Wiki Posts
Search

August 2018 Mile Play promo -

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2018, 8:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by yul36
That's the offer I got and the offer I always get.
90% of United promos are U.S.-only.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 8:58 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
Originally Posted by mpiotrow
Round-trip or one way...either one works. You just need to book a flight, that's all that matters.

Regarding your dates, I'm not sure what you're looking for. Will you only be in CLE for that one day, July 2? If so, what is the earliest you can fly out again? Or are you looking to fly another day after the 2nd?
Thx for you taking notice.

I can fly 3-13 July, and 19 July- 12 Aug when the offer ends. But I would just want to do a quick run, not a vacation type excursion.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 9:13 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BThumme
https://promotions.united.com/offers/mileplay if anyone here wants to check
When I put in my number and click, nothing happens (happens on 3 different browsers). Does this mean I am getting nothing or is it a webpage glitch?
Old Jun 27, 2018, 9:26 pm

Programs: UA: Plat, Marriott: Annual Ambassador, Lifetime Grandfather
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
When I put in my number and click, nothing happens (happens on 3 different browsers). Does this mean I am getting nothing or is it a webpage glitch?
Did you fill out the Captcha on the same page where you enter your number? If you didn't see a Captcha, I suppose it's possible that you might have an add-in that blocks Captchas? Which might mean that you're not able to successfully submit the form according to how the website is written.

I dunno for sure, just speculating based on how mine was.

-mvitale
Old Jun 27, 2018, 9:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb
Thx for you taking notice.

I can fly 3-13 July, and 19 July- 12 Aug when the offer ends. But I would just want to do a quick run, not a vacation type excursion.
I'm still looking for better options, but here are a couple I've found so far. You may want to make sure there's no fare class requirement other than "premium cabin", though.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 10:26 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by mvitale
Did you fill out the Captcha on the same page where you enter your number? If you didn't see a Captcha, I suppose it's possible that you might have an add-in that blocks Captchas? Which might mean that you're not able to successfully submit the form according to how the website is written.

-mvitale
I don't get a captcha either even with ad blocking turned off, and the page is non-responsive for me. Firefox/Linux, but also fails on my mobile phone browser.

With Developer Tools turned on the web console reports:

Code:
Error: No reCAPTCHA clients exist.
Stack trace:
us@https://www.gstatic.com/recaptcha/api2/v1528855115741/recaptcha__en.js:416:411
[etc.]
So that does seem to be the root cause in any event.

EDIT: oops, didn't have blocking turned off on my phone after all. Got it to work there (but still not on the desktop)

1 trip in premium cabin $900+ for 5,000 miles.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 11:03 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
5 trips in Premium Cabin for a minimum of $1000 and get 91,000 bonus miles.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 12:00 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

-mvitale
Yeah, that was it, I had to temporarily turn off uBlock orgin. Nothing for me! Thanks.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 12:18 am

No love for me. The better half got: Book and take a trip 2 times by August 12, 2018 to get 3,800 bonus award miles . Not terribly enticing.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 1:03 am

Programs: United 1K
I'm not eligible at all! What the hell!
Old Jun 28, 2018, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by RichardInSF

-mvitale
Same trouble for me. Eventually the captcha showed up, which then allowed me to once again learn that I am not eligible for a United promotion...
Old Jun 28, 2018, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by mpiotrow
I'm still looking for better options, but here are a couple I've found so far. You may want to make sure there's no fare class requirement other than "premium cabin", though.

Hi, thx for this.

Yes: A, C, D, F, J, P, Z fare classes

I may just do a quick CLE-IAH run....short fly, I know IAH like back of my hand as lived in Houston nearly 40 years and flew weekly for my work.

Stay tuned....
Old Jun 28, 2018, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb
I may just do a quick CLE-IAH run....short fly, I know IAH like back of my hand as lived in Houston nearly 40 years and flew weekly for my work.
I couldn't find IAH for less than $1557 for a same day trip in F. I was just trying to find the cheapest same day nonstop turn that was over your $850 PQD requirement.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 7:37 am

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
90% of United promos are U.S.-only.
Accurate...in my experience it's closer to 100%
I haven't been eligible for a single promo since I switched my address...including these...
Old Jun 28, 2018, 8:31 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Book and take a trip 1 time by August 12, 2018 to get 8,000 bonus award miles.

*Each purchased fare must be a minimum of $275 to qualify

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.