Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Marriott Plat Status for Matched UA Elites staring Aug 18,2018 until Jan 2019, after?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Plat Status for Matched UA Elites staring Aug 18,2018 until Jan 2019, after?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2019, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 0.6 MM
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
The other 3-letter program, SPG is now part of Marriott, not IHG.
Oooops. Thank you for the correction. Can I blame that error on the jet lag???

Clearly I am not a hotel alliance guru. I will stick to learning the ins and outs of *A and leave it at that.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 6:01 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by chavala
I'm dying to say my favorite line from Pulp Fiction: Harvey Keitel to Quentin Tarantino : " Let's not ___ each other's ___ just yet"
But I'm pretty sure WineCountry would not like it ; )
The things one can learn on Flyertalk make this site a perpetual contribution to my education.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 6:05 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by big V
Oooops. Thank you for the correction. Can I blame that error on the jet lag???

Clearly I am not a hotel alliance guru. I will stick to learning the ins and outs of *A and leave it at that.
Reminds me of the time that at PHL when I was flying to LHR on USAirways I asked the BA people to print my boarding pass for LHR-EDI. Oops, I was flying that segment on British Midland.......
Old Feb 14, 2019, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by StuckinITH
Reminds me of the time that at PHL when I was flying to LHR on USAirways I asked the BA people to print my boarding pass for LHR-EDI. Oops, I was flying that segment on British Midland.......
Or the time at DEN I went to get my rental car at Budget but had actually booked it at Avis....
Old Feb 14, 2019, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Still Platinum Elite. Yeah!

And it’s “ne c’est pas,” as in “ne c’est pas une pipe.”
Old Feb 14, 2019, 6:54 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus 2MM
I am Titanium Elite as of today - sounds cool!
Old Feb 14, 2019, 6:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by cranky1K

Actually, the Magritte is "ceci n'est pas une pipe." ("This is not a pipe.") Image here: Magritte Pipe

And "n'est ce pas" is correct, not "ne c'est pas." Larousse

"Ne c'est pas," in addition to being horribly grammatically incorrect, would have a different meaning.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 6:58 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by nomad420
Yeah just registered as new GS and was immediately given Bonvoy Gold Elite status which did NOT appear to grant lounge status. Kind of lame. Well I am mostly a Hilton player so ce la vie.....
This would seem to indicate we can all expect a downgrade in the near future.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Million Miler, Marriott platinum, lifetime platinum
Still platinum with United Gold, and 40 paid nights. I do have a friend who was emailed a week ago with a downgrade from Gold to Silver. We'll see.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 9:34 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Still Platinum! Only a handful of nights in 2018, but already over 10 this year so far.

Thanks for the heads-up on this...It prompted me to check, and when I swiped left when logged into the new app, I learned for the first time ever that I’ve made Lifetime Gold, with well over 400 nights. I. Simply. Had. No. Idea. Wasn’t even on my radar that I was near qualifying for a LT status...I’m so focued on approaching Hilton’s 1000 nights, I have hotel tunnel vision. I’m guessing I had over 200 port over from Starwood at the merger, plus over 200 from Marriott.

While I know Gold is relatively useless, it’s a nice fallback, even though I get it already from the UA match...Or Plat?

Now to get the remaining Hilton nights, then I’ll focus on those last 150 more for Lifetime Plat. It does inexplicably say I have 8 of the 10 required years of Platinum. Assuming there are some years of Marriott and Starwood Gold credited there somewhere.

Pleasantly surprised for once!
Old Feb 14, 2019, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by adambrau
I am Titanium Elite as of today - sounds cool!
Did you stay at least 75 nights in 2018?

Originally Posted by cranky1K
Still Platinum Elite. Yeah!

OK, I'm back at it — ce n'est pas "ne c'est pas".

Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
Still Platinum! Only a handful of nights in 2018, but already over 10 this year so far.

Thanks for the heads-up on this...It prompted me to check, and when I swiped left when logged into the new app, I learned for the first time ever that I’ve made Lifetime Gold, with well over 400 nights. I. Simply. Had. No. Idea. Wasn’t even on my radar that I was near qualifying for a LT status...I’m so focued on approaching Hilton’s 1000 nights, I have hotel tunnel vision. I’m guessing I had over 200 port over from Starwood at the merger, plus over 200 from Marriott.

While I know Gold is relatively useless, it’s a nice fallback, even though I get it already from the UA match...Or Plat?

Now to get the remaining Hilton nights, then I’ll focus on those last 150 more for Lifetime Plat.
It does inexplicably say I have 8 of the 10 required years of Platinum. Assuming there are some years of Marriott and Starwood Gold credited there somewhere.

Pleasantly surprised for once!
That is possibly explained by noting that if you linked but did not merge your accounts until recently, it was possible to get some double-counting of years.
Kacee likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 11:22 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Still Plat Elite in Marriott. Plat/Lifetime Gold in UA.
M2inOR likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 5:09 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by nomad420
Yeah just registered as new GS and was immediately given Bonvoy Gold Elite status which did NOT appear to grant lounge status. Kind of lame. Well I am mostly a Hilton player so ce la vie.....
The question is: was your United status Gold or higher in the previous years and did you sign up then for the Marriott status? Did you register as a new GS without checking that you still had the Platinum status? I know that now we are supposed to only get Gold but it seems that some of us kept Platinum for a few more days than expected.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 6:32 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus 2MM
Originally Posted by fumje
Did you stay at least 75 nights in 2018?
Nope maybe 3 nights. Guessing this is a Global Services 'gift'?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 7:12 am

Of course, it's possible Marriott wants to keep these matched Platinums for another year to offset "regular" elites who are booking elsewhere because of the merger and Bonvoy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.