Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Marriott Plat Status for Matched UA Elites staring Aug 18,2018 until Jan 2019, after?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Plat Status for Matched UA Elites staring Aug 18,2018 until Jan 2019, after?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:20 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Slurve30
I was able to log into my Marriott account this morning, and my gold status changed to platinum elite (however my SPG point don't seem to have merged) ... which means I will keep a week long Marriott reservation I because of the lounge/breakfast access. Sucks that I will drop to gold on Jan 1 and lose that perk. I guess I should consolidate my hotel stays the same I do with UA for flights!
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
That will be a manual process, and is not yet available.
​​​​​
Merging accounts is available!

For information on merging accounts, please see this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...ts-update.html

Many of us (including myself) have merged successfully. Lifetime nights / current year night accruals from both programs have computed fine. Suite nights have yet to be transferred.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by laxmillenial
​​​​​
Lifetime nights / current year night accruals from both programs have computed fine. Suite nights have yet to be transferred.
Speak for yourself
Old Aug 21, 2018, 6:26 am

Programs: UAL 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Hertz PC
After reading this, checked on mine to see that I am now Marriott Platinum. Originally granted gold with UA Status match, but have stayed about 20 nights or so between SPG and Marriott combined. Doesnt look like Account merging is live yet, as it shows "Coming Soon" on the main merge page: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/merge-my-accounts.mi
Old Aug 21, 2018, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by MA_ORD
After reading this, checked on mine to see that I am now Marriott Platinum. Originally granted gold with UA Status match, but have stayed about 20 nights or so between SPG and Marriott combined. Doesnt look like Account merging is live yet, as it shows "Coming Soon" on the main merge page: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/merge-my-accounts.mi
The main merge page shows "Coming Soon". However, it is active
Try this link to jump to the front of the queue and start your merge proecss (SCREENSHOT EVERYTHING!!!!):

https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/merge/sign-in-merge.mi
MA_ORD likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 6:34 am

Programs: UAL 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by laxmillenial
The main merge page shows "Coming Soon". However, it is active
Try this link to jump to the front of the queue and start your merge proecss (SCREENSHOT EVERYTHING!!!!):

https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/merge/sign-in-merge.mi
looks like there might be some IT issues get this one upon attempting to login via the page above

Unable to Sign In

This service is temporarily unavailable. But don't worry, we're on it. Please try again later.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:03 am

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
Well, even though I have been Marriott Gold for the past several years due to being a UA 1K, I am still Marriott Gold after the merge. I don't have any Marriott or SPG stays this year, perhaps that is why.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by qfrodo
Well, even though I have been Marriott Gold for the past several years due to being a UA 1K, I am still Marriott Gold after the merge. I don't have any Marriott or SPG stays this year, perhaps that is why.
That shouldn't be the case. You should be Marriott Plat at least until Feb 2019. Have you updated the mobile apps on your smartphone?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
My wife who got the elite status due to United has no stays in Marriott or SPG this year and her Marriott account shows Elite Platinum. We checked on the computer website, not through the app.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My source on the inside said the program integration was going to be a real ... show, and that appears to be true.

I would guess all the cases of people being remapped in exception to the publicly stated policy (in particular those with status through RewardsPlus) are a result of IT problems rather than some occult reason for deviating.

If you expected to be Platinum for the remainder of 2018 (and if it makes any difference to you), I'd advise writing or calling to get it corrected.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
I have a hard time seeing any benefit as a UA 1K to steer business to Marriott. I’m far more likely to revert to “Kayaker” mode. UA status buys me nothing of value at Marriott in the new scheme.
True for me as well. Although, I'll just buy-up at the Marriott properties I really like in Asia. I just won't be staying at any Marriotts in the US or Europe. My long-term stays (a week or more) are mostly going to Hilton.

New Marriott Gold is the Equivalent of Hyatt Explorerist, they're both worthless status levels for frequent travelers.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 9:08 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
My wife who got the elite status due to United has no stays in Marriott or SPG this year and her Marriott account shows Elite Platinum. We checked on the computer website, not through the app.
The same for me with zero Marriott or SPG stays-granted Gold status via United and I was Gold yesterday but Platinum this morning*

*checked via the app and my pass/membership card in Apple Wallet also updated to show Platinum as soon as I logged in via the app
Old Aug 21, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Have Marriott Gold through the United Gold match, surprised no issues for check in on Sunday. I was prompted to check in on Friday through the app, 2 days in advance. The app stated I was eligible for a complimentary upgrade and late check out. On Saturday I was pushed the new app through the Iphone app store, which I installed.

Checked it on Sunday morning and reservation still showed checked in. I then called the hotel directly to double check about the upgrade and was upgraded to a suite (Courtyard) with no problems!
Old Aug 21, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by fumje
My source on the inside said the program integration was going to be a real ... show, and that appears to be true.
It is a complete and total cluster.

Originally Posted by fumje
If you expected to be Platinum for the remainder of 2018 (and if it makes any difference to you), I'd advise writing or calling to get it corrected.
They are just going to tell you to wait because they are "working" to resolve various problems.

They have botched this so badly, I have no faith any of this is going to be fixed. And they are still making and reversing decisions on the fly. Such a poorly managed merger.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 10:09 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Kacee
It is a complete and total cluster.

They are just going to tell you to wait because they are "working" to resolve various problems.

They have botched this so badly, I have no faith any of this is going to be fixed. And they are still making and reversing decisions on the fly. Such a poorly managed merger.
I don't remember exactly but didn't they know one year ago that the day of the merger of the accounts was coming. Should have been enough time to prepare it.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by StuckinITH
I don't remember exactly but didn't they know one year ago that the day of the merger of the accounts was coming. Should have been enough time to prepare it.
The acquisition was completed nearly two years ago, in September 2016.

The loyalty program merger should be the easy part. IIRC, with the UA/CO merger, the FFP merger was not so bad. It was the much more complex merger of airline operations that went poorly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.