Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Marriott Plat Status for Matched UA Elites staring Aug 18,2018 until Jan 2019, after?

Marriott Plat Status for Matched UA Elites staring Aug 18,2018 until Jan 2019, after?

Old Aug 18, 2018, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Aug 18 is the Start Date- Any Experience Yet

Has anyone used their Marriott status today,
Aug 18?
Old Aug 18, 2018, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Since I am complimentary Gold with Marriott I thought I would start staying there to earn Platinum status. I have about 4 years to earn Platinum status to achieve lifetime Platinum status. So I booked a couple of stays recently, one was for 2 weeks. I found that the bedding isn't all that comfortable, at least the properties I stayed at having mid back pain. I usually stay at Hilton properties and don't experience pain in this area of my back, same thing when I am home. Now I find out that this is the last year that Marriott is going to honor the push for lifetime Platinum status. Seeing the benefits Marriott offers and the fact I am a Diamond member at Hilton I am led to believe Marriott isn't as great of a program to make me switch, complimentary status or not.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 9:05 am

Programs: UA Platinum (1MM Gold), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Marriott site is down while they upgrade it (and perhaps downgrade us)

As of 1100 EDT today (the 18th).
Old Aug 18, 2018, 9:46 am

Programs: AA PPro, TP Gold, UA Silver, Bonvoy/Hilton Gold, Global Entry
There was already an announcement from Marriott Insider that we RewardsPlus matched MR Golds would get Platinum until the beginning of 2019.

We will, however, only be given the new devalued MR Gold come January 2019.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:02 am

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
Originally Posted by nomad420
As LT HH Gold that is definitely true. On rare occasion I have been thrown a bone and given that benefit. But you are entitled to a free breakfast and depending at where you are staying that can be a nice benefit.
Wait, what? How did you get LT Hilton Gold?

Thanks

- Tim
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by timfountain
Wait, what? How did you get LT Hilton Gold?

Thanks

- Tim
Probably giving themselves that title based on having a CC that gives Gold status. Hilton does not have a Lifetime Gold level.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by BF263533
Has anyone used their Marriott status today,
Aug 18?
I'm staying at a property from the 17-20 through this transition. Checked with the front staff this morning, status is still what i was pre-merger (Plat). Not reflecting Plat Pro yet. I said I'd check in with them again at night and they replied with "fingers crossed hope all the systems are back up by then"
Old Aug 18, 2018, 3:10 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
NewMarriott status seems to be showing (Plat Elite for matched UA Gold -- atleast until January ) but other functions still in progress,

For more on the Marriott site update, see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...lout-will.html and more on the changes in the new Marriott, Starwood and Ritz forum
Old Aug 18, 2018, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
yeah, showing Plat for my wife who got it through UA match. Looks like Marriott is keeping the promise.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 3:57 pm

Why only Platinum till Jan 2019??
Especially will miss lounge access, main reason I would reserve At Marriott
Old Aug 18, 2018, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jerseygirl
Why only Platinum till Jan 2019??
Especially will miss lounge access, main reason I would reserve At Marriott
that is a very generous policy to grandfather UA matched Elites till January '19. After that it will be Gold again. Makes a ton of sense.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
that is a very generous policy to grandfather UA matched Elites till January '19. After that it will be Gold again. Makes a ton of sense.
My thoughts exactly!
Old Aug 18, 2018, 4:30 pm
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
Showing Platinum Elite for me as well. Will 1Ks also be downgraded come January?
Old Aug 18, 2018, 4:37 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mr8
Showing Platinum Elite for me as well. Will 1Ks also be downgraded come January?
That might be the appropriate expectation but no one knows for sure yet.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mr8
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
That might be the appropriate expectation but no one knows for sure yet.
considering they already announced that any matching 8/18 or later will be 'Gold' I think it is a very fair assumption right now ... unless UA and Marriott work out a new arrangement for 1K/GS ... I doubt it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.