Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Class gift - external charger!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2018, 11:26 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by sbm12
The $455 difference in annual fee might also have something to do with the disparity in benefits offered.
Very true. However for me once I had to start paying the fee for the MP CC I then compared the amount of different fee levels and associated benefits. Had United continued reimbursement of the annual fee, even with erosion of the other items I probably would not have made the switch. Each of us is different in what is important to us. I consider the Amex benefits good value for the outlay if I am going to pay an annual fee for a CC.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 4:28 am

Programs: United GS 2MM,, Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
My employer pays for my UC membership which means I don't really care about the two UC passes that sometimes are not usable.
We convinced our HR department to allow reimbursement of the CC fee in lieu of the United Club fee (one club membership has always been a benefit). As I recall the credit card fee is actually less than a club membership. Plus we get a decent credit card to boot.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 5:07 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by SAN 1K

We convinced our HR department to allow reimbursement of the CC fee in lieu of the United Club fee (one club membership has always been a benefit). As I recall the credit card fee is actually less than a club membership. Plus we get a decent credit card to boot.
That is an extremely smart idea. Unfortunately, it's not going to work in my case since none of my colleagues get reimbursed for Club membership. I better not make waves. But the day they decide not to pay for it, I will apply for the CC that offers UC membership on my own.

The best gift I got sitting on a plane is the Polaris Bear. And I'm not 5 years old.....
Old Jun 27, 2018, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by zrs70
If one assumes (for me, not knowing any better) an average of 150 pax on a promo flight and 20mm miles to be given away, 800 lucky people will get 25k bonus miles each.

I should have gone to the gate area earlier instead of waiting to the last second to board for the wheel part of the promotion...
Old Jun 28, 2018, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

After landing Tuesday, followed instructions on card provided to claim 25,000 miles. Got response this morning. Woohoo! Hopefully the MP program doesn't devalue in 8-10 weeks...

Old Jun 28, 2018, 11:09 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
After landing Tuesday, followed instructions on card provided to claim 25,000 miles. Got response this morning. Woohoo! Hopefully the MP program doesn't devalue in 8-10 weeks...

They *had* to find someone named Peggy? Really?

Old Jun 28, 2018, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dmurphynj
They *had* to find someone named Peggy? Really?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8L2cI8brzQ
Vhat a memory you have!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.