Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

RewardsPlus: Bonus UA Miles for Marriott Bookings (500 miles per booking 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 25, 2018, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jsloan
Print Wikipost

RewardsPlus: Bonus UA Miles for Marriott Bookings (500 miles per booking 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2019, 6:16 pm

Programs: United
I have two questions regarding getting 1000-1500 United Miles.
I have Marriott Gold status.

1. In early Feb 2019, I stayed at a Marriott hotel in Vancouver which is linked to my SFO-YVR flight reservation. I was able to see my hotel reservation from the RewardsPlus website. So I could confirm that my reservations were fully linked. However, it has been more than 8 weeks now, I'm still not getting the 1500 miles (1000 + 500 for being Marriott gold). I called both United and Marriott customer service and they seemed to not want to take responsibility. United wanted me to call Marriott, and vice versa. What should I do?
2. I have an upcoming trip to New York on a SFO-EWR flight reservation. This time, I booked a W hotel using the link from RewardsPlus. Unlike last time, I'm not even seeing the linked hotel reservation from RewardsPlus page. So I'm worried that I won't get the 1500 miles again this time.

I'm really sad that this does not work for me. I love both brands but this is just a terrible experience.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by uaflyerzzh
I have two questions regarding getting 1000-1500 United Miles.
I have Marriott Gold status.

1. In early Feb 2019, I stayed at a Marriott hotel in Vancouver which is linked to my SFO-YVR flight reservation. I was able to see my hotel reservation from the RewardsPlus website. So I could confirm that my reservations were fully linked. However, it has been more than 8 weeks now, I'm still not getting the 1500 miles (1000 + 500 for being Marriott gold). I called both United and Marriott customer service and they seemed to not want to take responsibility. United wanted me to call Marriott, and vice versa. What should I do?
2. I have an upcoming trip to New York on a SFO-EWR flight reservation. This time, I booked a W hotel using the link from RewardsPlus. Unlike last time, I'm not even seeing the linked hotel reservation from RewardsPlus page. So I'm worried that I won't get the 1500 miles again this time.

I'm really sad that this does not work for me. I love both brands but this is just a terrible experience.
1. My stays have been posting really late this year, and at only 1000 instead of 1500. I wrote to United about it, and the representative said she would contact Marriott. That was a month ago, and so far I haven't heard back.

Apparently it's Marriott that has to credit the miles for the promotion, even though it's a United promotion. With as many problems as Marriott has had over the last couple of months, I doubt this one is high on their list.

2. This one likely won't post, not because they're not linked (they might be), but because, the last time I checked, former Starwood properties are not eligible for this promotion.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 6:33 pm

Programs: United
Thank you very much for your quick response and the additional context!
I am curious, when you said your stays have been posting really late. How late was that?
I think the RewardsPlus website said expect miles to be posted 6-8 after the stay. Curious if it took longer for you?

And by the way, how did you write to United? I tried to call them as well as online chat, but neither seem to work well.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by uaflyerzzh
Thank you very much for your quick response and the additional context!
I am curious, when you said your stays have been posting really late. How late was that?
I think the RewardsPlus website said expect miles to be posted 6-8 after the stay. Curious if it took longer for you?

And by the way, how did you write to United? I tried to call them as well as online chat, but neither seem to work well.
Belated welcome to FlyerTalk, BTW!

Well, last year it was like clockwork -- two weeks after the stay, they'd post.

This year, I had some that I'd given up on suddenly appear in my account. I can't give you an exact date because I didn't notice until I went to do an audit and noticed I couldn't make my numbers line up. It had to have been at least 8 weeks though.

As for writing to United -- you can contact the MileagePlus Service Center with the options here. They may tell you that they can't help, though; I don't know if they agreed to reach out to Marriott on my behalf because of my UA status (1K) or if it's something they commonly do. (And, since the posting hasn't been corrected... I don't know what good it did anyway.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by jsloan
1. My stays have been posting really late this year, and at only 1000 instead of 1500. I wrote to United about it, and the representative said she would contact Marriott. That was a month ago, and so far I haven't heard back.
Mine are posting in a timely fashion (1-2 Weeks post stay), but only at 1000 (always) since about Nov last year. I did have a few 1500 posts before that. I've been too lazy to follow up - but would love to know how your efforts go!
Old May 15, 2019, 9:59 am

I have had the worst experience with this promotion, indeed I get the 1000, but trying to get the 500 extra through Marriott has been an ordeal. I email and weeks go by, email again, they say I have to be elite, I ask them to read my email as I am Titanium. Still waiting. This has happened numerous times, and its like a standoff.

Eventually in the past, I received the accurate posting, but in all honesty, this could/should be a better system.
jsloan likes this.
Old May 31, 2019, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

It appears that they've made some changes to the program which probably explain the difficulty getting 1500 points this calendar year. I've updated the T&C in the wiki. They no longer include a bonus for Marriott Elite members. However, the bonus does now apply at former Starwood properties, which previously had been excluded.

Also, it now appears to be a flexible bonus. For upcoming trips, I have some that are 1000 miles and others that are 2500 and include breakfast "at select hotels." I'm not sure if that only applies to hotels booked in the destination city or if it will apply to any hotel you're able to book on that trip.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just noticed 1500 points show up, about a week and a half (?) after the stay. It was credited as one line item. Was that how it was done previously? I've only tried this once before, about eight months ago, and I got nothing. (Didn't bother chasing down the credit.)
Old Jun 6, 2019, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fumje
I just noticed 1500 points show up, about a week and a half (?) after the stay. It was credited as one line item. Was that how it was done previously? I've only tried this once before, about eight months ago, and I got nothing. (Didn't bother chasing down the credit.)
It generally took two full weeks for me, and I haven’t seen the 1500 since the start of the year, but, yes. One line item, credited around your check-out date.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jsloan

It generally took two full weeks for me, and I haven’t seen the 1500 since the start of the year, but, yes. One line item, credited around your check-out date.
Yes, to clarify, for me the date on the line item is the check-out but the credit only showed about 10 days later.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 7:07 am

I haven't had any of my two stays post. (Over 4 weeks now) who would I contact?
Old Jul 24, 2019, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tilhas
I haven't had any of my two stays post. (Over 4 weeks now) who would I contact?
I've had one post, but I'm still missing another, and a third one posted at the wrong value and didn't say RewardsPlus, for some reason. I'm giving them some more time, because the answer to your question is that you have to contact Marriott, and contacting Marriott is an exercise in frustration since the merger.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 6:08 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
So, I had two stays in the Bay Area after my DEN-SFO; first, an award at TownePlace and then a prepaid rate at Resid Inn. Both were booked thru the RewardsPlus link and neither earned the 1000 (expected, though I'm PLT so should be 1500.) Tracking them, UA said they can't find me on that flight, probably because at the gate I switched my frequent flyer number to OZ as I'm *A Silver and the gate agent was being "difficult" about my BE fare. Anyway, after the usual email runaround, MR posted 5000 MR points as compensation. Still waiting for the miles though.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rbAA
So, I had two stays in the Bay Area after my DEN-SFO; first, an award at TownePlace and then a prepaid rate at Resid Inn. Both were booked thru the RewardsPlus link and neither earned the 1000 (expected, though I'm PLT so should be 1500.) Tracking them, UA said they can't find me on that flight, probably because at the gate I switched my frequent flyer number to OZ as I'm *A Silver and the gate agent was being "difficult" about my BE fare. Anyway, after the usual email runaround, MR posted 5000 MR points as compensation. Still waiting for the miles though.
Additional points for Marriott Elite status no longer apply.

Also, it wouldn't surprise me if you'd invalidated yourself by switching frequent flyer numbers. The very first thing in the T&C is that you have to have your MileagePlus number on your reservation. While it doesn't explicitly say that you need to keep it there, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. (Similarly, while it doesn't actually say that you can't book a UA flight, book a corresponding Marriott stay, and then cancel your flight, I suspect that you wouldn't get credit in that case either).
Old Sep 5, 2019, 1:08 pm

I had no success with this promo last year. This year I just paired a flight with a stay and the bonus was 2500 bonus miles. My mile offers differed from 1,000-1,500-2,500 per flight. Then the one successful reservation I did pair up with disappeared along with the 2500 mile bonus offer. I have contacted several agents at United and no one knew anything about this. Then I spoke to someone at United who in turn spoke to Marriott and now all my offers have been changed and now are all 1,000 and I still have difficulty pairing up. No specific information available can be found. Does anyone know who to contact? United said no one was offered 2500 bonus miles, but I was, until I spoke to customer service. Could someone have changed my bonus miles on my offer website?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.