Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

RewardsPlus: Bonus UA Miles for Marriott Bookings (500 miles per booking 2023)

Old Jun 25, 2018, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jsloan
Print Wikipost

RewardsPlus: Bonus UA Miles for Marriott Bookings (500 miles per booking 2023)

Old Sep 6, 2019, 12:26 pm

When did this United/Marriott promo start?

Old Sep 6, 2019, 4:00 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by compost
The first post in this thread is dated June 25, 2018
Old Feb 8, 2020, 6:28 pm

I am a titanium lifetime and 1K yet am still unable to get the pairings to post. Have spoken with everyone at United and Marriott and all claim they never heard of this promo or what can be done. I fly 12 segments a week and stay at marriotts. This is the worst promo I have experienced. If anyone else has the time please contact both companies and let them know the difficulties we are having with this. The only thing I was told was that you have stay in the city you fly into, ex- fly to newark, must stay in newark that day, not nyc etc but even that is up for interpretation as someone else said not true.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 6:56 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
I am a titanium lifetime and 1K yet am still unable to get the pairings to post. ....
Are you booking via the promo site?
Are you booking rack rates or a corporate rate?
Old Feb 10, 2020, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is it necessary to book my flight before I can book a hotel with this offering?

I always forget about this tie-in, so it has been about six months since I used it. Was it always this way?
Old Feb 10, 2020, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fumje
Is it necessary to book my flight before I can book a hotel with this offering?

I always forget about this tie-in, so it has been about six months since I used it. Was it always this way?
Yes, and yes. You have to ‘pair’ the hotel booking with a ticket.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 10:03 am

Yes and yes. Managed to speak to several United and Marriott personnel and they have no info on this. My flights show up but when booking a hotel on the portal it does not pair using the member rate. It posted once for me then disappeared. I think the hotel has to be in the same city you fly in to. ex newark not nyc.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Yes and yes. Managed to speak to several United and Marriott personnel and they have no info on this. My flights show up but when booking a hotel on the portal it does not pair using the member rate. It posted once for me then disappeared. I think the hotel has to be in the same city you fly in to. ex newark not nyc.
I’ve more-or-less given up on this promotion, because of rampant crediting errors and my extreme lack of desire to contact Marriott about anything unless it’s absolutely necessary, but when it worked well, during 2018, there didn’t appear to be any kind of location restriction.

Refusing to allow an NYC hotel when you fly into EWR would be the height of irony for a company that claims that New York is a hub city and Newark is a New York airport.
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 10:37 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Nope. Got points posted for a stay in White Plains, NY, after flying into Newark.

It makes a difference on what rate you are using, though.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jsloan
Yes, and yes. You have to ‘pair’ the hotel booking with a ticket.
Thanks, I do know it has to pair with a flight, but I thought previously that the portal allowed me to type in anything, so I assumed it was the case that only after the stay they would do a match for flight activity.

Well anyway, the workings for this were always a bit of a mystery to me, and it sounds like they also are for United and Marriott.
Old May 1, 2020, 11:10 am

The miles for a stay I had back in January have not posted. UA told me to contact them directly, but only provider a phone number and address. Is there an email I could reach them at?
Old Apr 2, 2023, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

This appears to have been resurrected, but now at a mere 500 miles per stay. The T&C seem to have been removed, but I suspect that they’re still the same as they were last time, and AAA/corporate discount rates generally don’t qualify (but Bonvoy member discounts do).

I can’t imagine anyone making a hotel decision solely on this promo, but if you’re staying at Marriott anyway, and you can get the miles without an increase in rate, why not?
Old Apr 2, 2023, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by jsloan
I can’t imagine anyone making a hotel decision solely on this promo, but if you’re staying at Marriott anyway, and you can get the miles without an increase in rate, why not?
Do you still have to book through a UA link? I stopped doing it shortly after promo launch, especially with devaluation of Marriott at the same place as United. I miss SPG!
Old Apr 2, 2023, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Repooc17
Do you still have to book through a UA link? I stopped doing it shortly after promo launch, especially with devaluation of Marriott at the same place as United. I miss SPG!
Yes; the link is the same as it was (in the wiki — https://promotions.united.com/offers/marriottbonus )
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 3:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Does this stack with Rakuten/TCB/etc.?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.