Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Polaris vs Asiana Business

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2018, 12:54 am

Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Kacee
You also have to clear transit security at ICN. Where there is no Pre or Clear.

SFO is a very compact airport. Polaris lounge is no more than 10 minutes from any UA departure gate.

The only real additional step on the SFO itinerary is you wait for checked bags one extra time. Which is time you would spend waiting for your connecting flight in any event.

Apart from potential delays SFO-LAX, I just don't see much of an extra hassle here.
No. ICN transit is a quick security check. It actually better than SFO since you will need to go thru security check with other domestic passengers. At least at ICN you only have to deal with INT to INT security check.

SFO baggage claim can take up an hour. And you literally have to stand there. With ICN you can stay in lounge or shop/eat at terminal.

transiting through SFO is just a bad bad idea.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 1:01 am

Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by LAX/HKG
I have never flown in the new Polaris seat with UA nor visited a Polaris lounge. Just wondering if you would rather fly:

OZ: HKG-ICN-LAX or
UA: HKG-SFO-LAX

Apologize if there is another thread on this. I did a search and nothing came up.
1. As bad as OZ recent cut back. The food and service s still way better than anything UA Polaris has to offer.

2. OZ business class seat is on par with UA. I don’t particular find UA bedding to be a huge factor. Personally I think food and service are more important.

Oz lounge is quiet poor. It’s old and not really kept well. Food isn’t that great either. Polaris lounge is new and food is better than OZ.

But lousy in flight catering and service. I will take OZ over UA.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by amtrakusa
but how about OZ pilots? are they also reliably consistent? hehe
Very good point. It’s unbelievable how people on here pick their airline based on the type of wine served without any consideration to the competence of the flight crew.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 9:36 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by luke1218
i also think not dealing with SFO and then a short domestic flight is better. even with GE.
however curious about same 2 options on reverse route. which one would you guys choose?
I try to avoid LAX-SFO-XXX (or, for that matter, SFO-LAX-XXX) where XXX is a long-haul flight. UA@SFO is too delay-prone on those short flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.