FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   United tickets purchased thru priceline, what are the normal fare classes for them? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1915370-united-tickets-purchased-thru-priceline-what-normal-fare-classes-them.html)

caseminole Jun 19, 2018 5:04 pm

United tickets purchased thru priceline, what are the normal fare classes for them?

Curious.

WineCountryUA Jun 19, 2018 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by caseminole (Post 29884292)
United tickets purchased thru priceline, what are the normal fare classes for them? Curious.

Unlikely there is a standard fare class. If blind bidding, it may be a BULK fare and there is not simple relationship to published fares which Priceline also offers.

And as a side note, UA uses G fares as the lowest fare class domestic but does not use G for non-domestic fares. K is usually the lowest for most routes . But some L is the lowest. So UA on published fares is not standardized.

findark Jun 19, 2018 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 29884481)
And as a side note, UA uses G fares as the lowest fare class domestic but does not use G for non-domestic fares.

While G is very uncommon internationally, it is used sometimes - see e.g. GKX0ZEA4 SYD to SFO. TATL I think K may be the lowest to avoid inventory collision with the LH Group.

ryman554 Jun 19, 2018 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by caseminole (Post 29884292)
Curious.

If you have purchased it, then go to "My Reservations" and see what fare classes you actually booked.

If you are purchasing an opaque fare, it won't matter.

If you are using them as a travel agent, try to reproduce it via matrixITA and see what comes out.

emcampbe Jun 19, 2018 6:42 pm

Priceline, while many think of as simply a blind bidding site, also sells regular published fares just like any travel agency. So it could basically sell any fare UA has published. Could be G, could be K, could be S, could even be Y, B or M too (though I doubt Priceline’s target audience, for the most part, is the the type to buy those latter fares).

audio-nut Jun 19, 2018 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by emcampbe (Post 29884563)
Priceline, while many think of as simply a blind bidding site,

I'm not even sure they do bidding anymore, I think it's just set priced opaque (and the normal public fares)

hotturnip Jun 20, 2018 12:44 am

There is no bidding for airfare anymore on Priceline. There's no bidding for rental cars. Only hotels (and barely that--they make the Name Your Own Price link hard to find).

Priceline evolved from a creative new model to a very standard travel booking site. Hard to fathom why the stock should be worth more than $2,000 a share.

Anyhow, your airfare is probably just a standard bucket code, just as if you'd bought the same thing on the airline website. Only different with packages.

narvik Jun 20, 2018 3:31 am

Originally Posted by hotturnip (Post 29885374)
Hard to fathom why the stock should be worth more than $2,000 a share.

Easy answer: booking.com