FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Quiet place to work for a couple hours @ DEN suggestions vs UC with access pass (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1915150-quiet-place-work-couple-hours-den-suggestions-vs-uc-access-pass.html)

oscar555 Jun 18, 2018 6:55 pm

Quiet place to work for a couple hours @ DEN suggestions vs UC with access pass

I have a connecting flight that leaves from DIA tomorrow around mid-day. My connection time is right around 2 hours so i'm not sure that going (and paying) for a lounge pass is worth it. Is there any quiet places in B or an unused gate area that I can chill and relax at instead of paying for a lounge pass? I'm hoping to get some computer work done and would want to do so at a more relaxed/quiet place if possible and without paying a premium as well. Thanks in advance for your help.

TomMM Jun 18, 2018 7:22 pm

My strategy at any airport is to walk the concourses looking for empty gates.

JHake10 Jun 18, 2018 7:42 pm

You can hop over to terminal C and go to Timberline Steaks with your priority pass membership if you have one. You'll get a 28 dollar credit to spend.

oscar555 Jun 18, 2018 8:37 pm

I don't have one of those passes sadly. Any other neat places that I should check out?

EWR764 Jun 18, 2018 8:55 pm

The center of the concourse on the second level (escalators up) usually has smaller crowds in the seating areas, bars and eateries. You could also head to Concourse A, which, at different times of day, can be less crowded than B or C.

GTJoe Jun 18, 2018 8:56 pm

Here is my advice about a good place to sit at DIA: In the B-concourse, there are escalators up from the main level to a second level where there are tables all around the atrium (there are some that are right by the bar on the opposite of the Caribou Coffee that afford a touch more isolation). It might not be QUIET, but it's a bit more relaxed than trying to sit on the main level. You won't have people just looming and distracting you. Another option is to go all the way to the end of the B-Concourse near B-10, there is a National car rental "lounge" (not much more than a few chairs and desk like things) that is open to the public. Again, it's not as private as the UA Club, but it's far from the hustle and bustle of the normal operations at DIA.

oscar555 Jun 18, 2018 9:13 pm

I'll check out both. Around what gate(s) are the escalators located at? Also, is the National Car Record lounge pretty big and open or would I be close to the employees there?

COSPILOT Jun 18, 2018 9:29 pm

The gates on the east end opposite the dungeon gates are currently having the concrete replaced and aren’t in use. Sadly, asking for something tranquil at DIA is like asking for a calm place at Disneyland.

GTJoe Jun 18, 2018 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by oscar555 (Post 29880972)
I'll check out both. Around what gate(s) are the escalators located at? Also, is the National Car Record lounge pretty big and open or would I be close to the employees there?

The National Car Rental "lounge" is just that. It's really not much more than a kiosk that is a marketing tool for National. There are no employees there, it's just a place to sit that's out of the way and possibly a little quieter. As far as the escalators up, there are four sets of them around the central area in B-concourse. Just look for signs directing you up to the restaurants there. It will probably make more sense once you see it.

DENviaLAX Jun 19, 2018 6:56 am

Right now the absolute quietest place in the airport that you can go is the new extension on the east end of A concourse (A71-81). It's a decent walk (10 min or so), but every time I go down there there is literally no one down there. It's new and clean, and has outlets and little work stations. You can be down there during the busiest bank of the day and be completely secluded. It's my new favorite retreat, at least until they actually start using those gates for more than just hardstand parking. Eventually they'll be sticking UAX flights down there, and then it'll be a zoo. But for now, that's the spot.

glbltvlr Jun 19, 2018 7:53 am

Originally Posted by COSPILOT (Post 29881003)
The gates on the east end opposite the dungeon gates are currently having the concrete replaced and aren’t in use.

Second this. I usually sit behind the ticket desk. View of construction and power outlets available in certain locations. No desk, Occasional crew member refuge as well.