Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United / FFG Summer Mini-DO in DC (Aug 4, 2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United / FFG Summer Mini-DO in DC (Aug 4, 2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2018, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
I just signed up and paid. (Just me). Hope I got in under the wire. I am also local and don't mind giving a few people a ride from the lunch to the museum (but probably can't give rides after that as I will need to meet up with my family).
Old Jul 29, 2018, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Sorry for waffling but I just registered!

Local DC resident here but I also have a flight to CDG that evening (not sure what I'll do with my luggage but I'll probably just check them very early that morning). Would folks be interested in meeting up at IAD so we can all trek together to the restaurant?
Old Jul 29, 2018, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K Marriott Gold IHG Ambassador SPG Gold
I just registered and paid.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Just a word of warning - I'll be clsing registration in a few minutes...

...and closed!

Last edited by Xyzzy; Jul 29, 2018 at 4:12 pm
Old Jul 29, 2018, 7:18 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist | Jumpseat Platinum
I'll have to confirm with my +1 but we can probably take two from the restaurant to UH.

I think IAD is on the way for us as well, so we can probably pick up and drop off there if anyone needs. Can probably store a bag in the trunk if someone needs while we're there.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 9:36 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Originally Posted by fezzington
I'll have to confirm with my +1 but we can probably take two from the restaurant to UH.

I think IAD is on the way for us as well, so we can probably pick up and drop off there if anyone needs. Can probably store a bag in the trunk if someone needs while we're there.
I may take you up on that offer for pickup at IAD! I, like some DC residents, don't have a car (the dis/advantages of city living) so I can get to IAD that morning. Would be happy to tag along. And, if you're not local I can give you some insight on DC!

On another note, I'll probably be pooped for my IAD-CDG flight later that evening!
Old Jul 30, 2018, 5:59 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Day tripping, no rental car, so also interested in shared ride options. Arriving on first EWR-IAD flight at 7:24am Saturday, planning to hang around in the UC until time to head for lunch.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 11:13 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist | Jumpseat Platinum
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Awesome! Be great to meet you. I really appreciate all the good info you post!
It'll be nice to put faces to names!

Though, I should probably add: I paid my own way in, and I'm going completely as a FT board member and not at all representing my employer in any capacity. Omar is a great guy and I'm sure you all will learn a lot from him! (I'll likely stay fairly quiet during most of it). I'm not sure what other members of his team will be there, but some of those people are av-nerds just like us and have tons of cool stories.

Originally Posted by renebt
I may take you up on that offer for pickup at IAD! I, like some DC residents, don't have a car (the dis/advantages of city living) so I can get to IAD that morning. Would be happy to tag along. And, if you're not local I can give you some insight on DC!

On another note, I'll probably be pooped for my IAD-CDG flight later that evening!
Sounds good! shoot me a PM to work out the details.

I still have room for 1 more comfortably (or two more, if need be, and if y'all want to pack in like sardines in my back seat)
Old Jul 30, 2018, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
Thanks for organizing but ultimately didn't register as my travel schedule is to hectic. Enjoy and hopefully I'll make it next year!
Old Jul 30, 2018, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Final list posted! We have 30 paid and registered attendees so quite the turnout!
Old Aug 1, 2018, 9:22 am

Long-time lurker, but created an account just for this. I’m driving over from SE DC. Will make a pit stop in Annandale on my way back. Happy to coordinate rides if anyone needs one.

Kaidi
AceReport likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Update! UA will provide 3 vans to transport guests from the restaurant to the museum. No additional transport will be provided as everyone will be coming and going to different locations.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by JC1120
Update! UA will provide 3 vans to transport guests from the restaurant to the museum. No additional transport will be provided as everyone will be coming and going to different locations.
Great news and THANKS UNITED !
^
Old Aug 2, 2018, 4:34 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Zorak
going to try to SDC to something earlier in case there are any Friday evening social plans as well (e.g. jrl767 is in the area and can't attend the DO but was going to try to meet up with him for beers)
This has materialized as posted below to the DCHH thread, in case anyone else will happen to be downtown:

Originally Posted by Zorak
scheduled arrival into DCA ~16:30 tomorrow afternoon and planning on meeting jrl767 at Bar Louie in Crystal City some time thereafter.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by DELee
I just PM'd Zorak - the event for my friend who passed earlier this month has shifted to next Sunday - so I will probably depart IAD for LAX on Saturday evening and will, in all likelihood, be unable to give Zorak a ride to Gaithersburg.

Would like to find out if anyone else can provide a ride either to Gaithersburg area or Towson/Baltimore/Union Station.

Thanks!

David
Have successfully changed my flight to depart on Saturday Late PM and will now be spending the night at the Dulles Airport Marriott. Will be available to get together this evening and can offer a ride to/from on Saturday. PM as desired.

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.