Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United / FFG Summer Mini-DO in DC (Aug 4, 2018)

United / FFG Summer Mini-DO in DC (Aug 4, 2018)

Old Jul 25, 18, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
FWIW, we still have space left and registration will be clsing in a few days...
Old Jul 26, 18, 3:49 pm

Just registered for the event . Forgot to add user name......oops!
Auntiemame and hubby
Looking forward to meeting everyone!
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Jul 27, 18, 6:00 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by Xyzzy View Post
FWIW, we still have space left and registration will be clsing in a few days...
I will let you know today if I will be coming with 2 guests. If you cannot accommodate 2 I will have one of them sign up individually.
It appears that you should have room. However, let me know if I am too late
Radonc1
Old Jul 27, 18, 8:27 am
Original Poster

List updated and we are up to 19 registered and paid guests!

Originally Posted by radonc1 View Post
I will let you know today if I will be coming with 2 guests. If you cannot accommodate 2 I will have one of them sign up individually.
It appears that you should have room. However, let me know if I am too late
Radonc1
We definitely still have space and would love to have the three of you!
Old Jul 28, 18, 4:32 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist | Jumpseat Platinum
Managed to get the days off. Paid, hopefully not too late.

Me + 1!
goodeats21 and DELee like this.
Old Jul 28, 18, 5:30 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Plat Premier (+AMB); Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by JC1120 View Post
List updated and we are up to 19 registered and paid guests!
Hi JC. Any update on transport between restaurant and U-H? I am going back-and-forth about just getting a rental car, but will need to decide soon.

Originally Posted by fezzington View Post
Managed to get the days off. Paid, hopefully not too late.

Me + 1!
Awesome! Be great to meet you. I really appreciate all the good info you post!
Old Jul 28, 18, 6:59 am
Original Poster

List updated! We are likely going to shut down registration at around 3pm Central tomorrow.

Originally Posted by goodeats21 View Post
Hi JC. Any update on transport between restaurant and U-H? I am going back-and-forth about just getting a rental car, but will need to decide soon.
Good question. Will ask our hosts and try to get an answer ASAP, but consider ridesharing with others (including Uber/Lyft) for this event. If you'd rather rent and help drive others around, I'm sure that would be much appreciated as well!
Old Jul 28, 18, 8:04 am

Programs: UA Plat, Former 11 yr UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
List updated! We are likely going to shut down registration at around 3pm Central tomorrow.

Good question. Will ask our hosts and try to get an answer ASAP, but consider ridesharing with others (including Uber/Lyft) for this event. If you'd rather rent and help drive others around, I'm sure that would be much appreciated as well!
I'll have a rental car. I know some posts up thread also mentioned rental car or thinking about a rental car. Perhaps a tally would help if those who will definitely have a car can respond? (This assumes my early morning flight from Brazil arrives on time. Is there a door prixe for longest distance traveled? )
Old Jul 28, 18, 11:45 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Now all signed up along with 2 bambinos who now live in the DC area.
Looking forward to seeing everyone on Sat 8/4
Old Jul 28, 18, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Zorak View Post
Anyone heading after the event in the direction of Towson/Baltimore/Union Station in approximate order of preference?

Alternative fallback plan: Gaithersburg/Rockville/Red Line

(Visiting family either way, and we're all getting together on Sunday, so it doesn't particularly matter which of the two places I end up )
Originally Posted by DELee View Post
Staying the night @ Marriott Gaithersburg (on my expiring Chase Cat 5 cert) and will have rental.

FWIW.

David
I just PM'd Zorak - the event for my friend who passed earlier this month has shifted to next Sunday - so I will probably depart IAD for LAX on Saturday evening and will, in all likelihood, be unable to give Zorak a ride to Gaithersburg.

Would like to find out if anyone else can provide a ride either to Gaithersburg area or Towson/Baltimore/Union Station.

Thanks!

David
Old Jul 28, 18, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by DELee View Post
I just PM'd Zorak - the event for my friend who passed earlier this month has shifted to next Sunday - so I will probably depart IAD for LAX on Saturday evening and will, in all likelihood, be unable to give Zorak a ride to Gaithersburg.

Would like to find out if anyone else can provide a ride either to Gaithersburg area or Towson/Baltimore/Union Station.
I may be driving down from EWR-land. If so I'd be happy to give yu a ride. I'll know in a few days.
Old Jul 28, 18, 8:39 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
I am local and will be driving. I can accommodate up to 3 from the restaurant to the museum. Although, afterwards, I will be headed south to Route 50 and I-66 -then headed inside the Beltway in Northern VA.
Old Jul 29, 18, 3:46 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Plat Premier (+AMB); Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry

Thanks. Looks like a rental car will be more trouble then it is worth. I will join in the various ride-sharing groups...
Old Jul 29, 18, 4:34 am

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
I'm in. I'll be driving from DC and I can provide rides.
Old Jul 29, 18, 7:30 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Gold
I too would be grateful if someone has extra space.

Here is a carpool planning site if drivers want to organize that way. You can post your drop off/pick up locations and people can sign up for slots.

Search this Thread