Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

App display of early cleared upgrades changed? Waitlists on gate monitors going away?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

App display of early cleared upgrades changed? Waitlists on gate monitors going away?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by c502cid
I jumped the queue last week on a IAH-YYC flight at T-10 by seeing one R space open up when I was #5 on the list with 2 seats available. I wasn't even in the GPU/RPU queue actually, I just applied an instrument when I saw the R inventory open up. Sure beat the middle seat I had since I booked the flight a couple of days previous.
I thought it was not longer possible to apply instruments inside t-24?
Old Jun 13, 2018, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by drewguy
You can apply them into open R space. You can't make new waitlist requests.

Some agents may refuse to apply them to open space within about 3 hours of departure.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 3:38 pm

Programs: 3 Month Delta Plat, UA PP 2.4mm, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Lifetime Diamond, National EE
You can't do it online, I should have specified I called in to do this.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
I have a flight tomorrow so will check the monitors.

On the app my UG does not appear (neither before or after I checked in). I was upgraded with a RPU for both flights and do not appear on the UG list but there is a list of those waiting to UG.
Upgraded at T-72 for a flight. I still do not appear on the UG list despite being upgraded on a CPU.

Will see if I appear when I check in in about T-24 hours.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Technically this is true but there are many posts on FT about pax who have called TAs and have been successful in getting them applied.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 6:51 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by laxmillenial
Upgraded at T-72 for a flight. I still do not appear on the UG list despite being upgraded on a CPU.

Will see if I appear when I check in in about T-24 hours.
You will never appear on the list. It will be treated as though you purchased F.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by LAXOGG
You will never appear on the list. It will be treated as though you purchased F.
But still fared as R.
Aussienarelle likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
I have 3 flights in the next 48 hours all of which do not show the upgrade list on the web or the app. Only those who were waitlisted after check-in and then cleared will appear on the list. One flight is via DEN and two via ORD. Still broken.

PS - I strongly believe that this code would never have changed unless United is making changes to the CPU process. There are other threads about CPU being 'broken', etc. They are testing and/or implementing changes that have not been communicated.

-RM
Old Jun 16, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN
Is UA working on implementing the AA upgrade process? Or something more nefarious where the app tells you something along the lines that you will not be upgraded based on the the current waitlist....here is a buyup offer.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
PS - I strongly believe that this code would never have changed unless United is making changes to the CPU process. There are other threads about CPU being 'broken', etc. They are testing and/or implementing changes that have not been communicated.
They are making some changes, but they don't necessarily have anything to do directly with CPU. One of the hallmarks of a complicated, poorly isolated system is that a change in one area can create a defect somewhere else.

Originally Posted by Halo117
Is UA working on implementing the AA upgrade process? Or something more nefarious where the app tells you something along the lines that you will not be upgraded based on the the current waitlist....here is a buyup offer.
I don't think hiding the upgraded names actually does anything to say "you won't be upgraded based on the current waitlist" beyond what being #5 on the list with 2 spots available does already. It's only really a problem if you're considering an SDC, since it really hurts the ability to estimate where you would be on the list if you were to switch.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 4:33 pm

Programs: United 1k , Hertz President's Circle, Avis President's Club, Marriott Platinum, SPG platinum
Flight tomorrow am to the west from ORD. Got a notification yesterday evening saying I was upgraded. I checked in online today morning and looked at the upgrade list on the app and my name does not feature there.

I have an RPU applied on the return leg which hasn’t cleared so wondering how does the upgrade list work on the app ?��

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 17, 2018 at 5:15 pm Reason: Moved to existing thread
Old Jun 17, 2018, 5:15 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ordflyer18
...Flight tomorrow am to the west from ORD. Got a notification yesterday evening saying I was upgraded. I checked in online today morning and looked at the upgrade list on the app and my name does not feature there. ...
Unclear is this is a change in operation or a temprorary glitch -- but yes this has recently "changed."
Old Jun 17, 2018, 5:27 pm

Programs: 1K
If intentional, this is very inconsiderate of United. I enjoy looking around the F/J cabin and judging all of the scrubs! This has effectively stopped this hobby... but I do still get to judge those that clear during the < T-24 window.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 5:00 am

Programs: United 1k , Hertz President's Circle, Avis President's Club, Marriott Platinum, SPG platinum
On a flight today morning and I was upgraded on Saturday night,(notified via email). OLCI on Sunday morning and my name doesn’t appear with a check mark on the upgrade list on the app? Any idea what happened? So how true is the upgrade list on the app?

Last edited by ordflyer18; Jun 18, 2018 at 5:02 am Reason: Oops- looks like my earlier post was moved to another thread. Mods please delete this
Old Jun 18, 2018, 6:57 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by ordflyer18
On a flight today morning and I was upgraded on Saturday night,(notified via email). OLCI on Sunday morning and my name doesn’t appear with a check mark on the upgrade list on the app? Any idea what happened? So how true is the upgrade list on the app?
It's a new feature that was pointed out. People being upgraded prior to check-in are NOT showing up on the upgrade list with a checkmark next to their name.
Only those who have checked in are showing up in the upgrade list. And if you clear while being checked in, then you show up with a checkmark.

Enhancement or elimination of a feature, whichever you prefer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.