Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

No more local & now no more papers in UC?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more local & now no more papers in UC?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2018, 4:30 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
One newspaper available in the UC lounge. WiFi not working on the flights so need to bring reading material with me. Fortunately, I rarely use the UC these days as I use *G lounges when flying internationally and they certainly have a number of different newspapers and magazines. In SAN, I use the Airspace lounge and there are a variety of newspapers and magazines available. Next United will be saying people are not using the UC so obviously they are no longer needed!

Does United even listen to their frequent travelers? I personally like the WSJ but also like local newspapers as well.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 5:52 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, BA GGL
What a crappy way to save money. I always read the paper in the UC, especially the FT and local paper. The WSJ isn't for me so definitely a downgrade.

My prediction: soon there will be only one drink available on flights. Galley Springs...
Old Jun 8, 2018, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BE-58
What a crappy way to save money. I always read the paper in the UC, especially the FT and local paper. The WSJ isn't for me so definitely a downgrade.

My prediction: soon there will be only one drink available on flights. Galley Springs...
'Galley Springs'? As in, you'll have to get up and move yourself to the galley to get even a sip of water?
Old Jun 9, 2018, 5:33 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by fumje
'Galley Springs'? As in, you'll have to get up and move yourself to the galley to get even a sip of water?
Maybe "Galley Springs" is the fancy name for tap water. Less fancy would be "Toilet Springs".
Old Jun 9, 2018, 7:51 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Get out and spread your wings. The UC in SAN still has local papers as well as the FT and WSJ!
Old Jun 9, 2018, 8:09 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by Dublin_rfk
Get out and spread your wings. The UC in SAN still has local papers as well as the FT and WSJ!
Wish they offered magazines like other lounges. However, these days I rarely use the SAN UC but glad to see they are trying to keep up with the competition,
Old Jun 9, 2018, 9:08 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Dublin_rfk
Wait, how long has Flyertalk had it's own paper? Am I that oblivious?

Ohhhhh...the other FT. Carry on...just not the kitchen sink
Old Jun 9, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
But...but...but...how will I drop the pages to the floor from my digital ePaper???
Old Jun 9, 2018, 4:03 pm

What's the best department to complain to? I used to subscribe to the FT and would read it in the lounge if it was there.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 4:07 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
United Club contact information
Contact the United ClubSM Service Center via email ([email protected]) or phone (1-866-UA-CLUBS (1-866-822-5827) from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. CST daily).
Old Jun 9, 2018, 4:25 pm

Email sent. I'm a nobody, but maybe it will help.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Thanks for this info. Email sent !
Old Jun 9, 2018, 6:01 pm

Got a form letter back pretty quickly, but at least it's something.

Dear Mr. Miller:

Your feedback helps us identify areas for improvement. I appreciate that you took the time to send us your comments, and hope that you continue to participate in the MileagePlus program. We will be sure to pass your comments along to management.

Please be assured that United values your comments and your business.

Regards,

Ken Larson
United Club
Old Jun 9, 2018, 7:16 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
Originally Posted by zitsky
Got a form letter back pretty quickly, but at least it's something.

Dear Mr. Miller:

Your feedback helps us identify areas for improvement. I appreciate that you took the time to send us your comments, and hope that you continue to participate in the MileagePlus program. We will be sure to pass your comments along to management.

Please be assured that United values your comments and your business.

Regards,

Ken Larson
United Club

Yep, I got same. Tho I did get another email with a "reference number", FWIW.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 9:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

So I am sitting in a LH senator club right across from the newspaper rack. Seven different German newspapers, the New York Times, and the Financial Times. Really newspapers, self pour drinks, and decent food. Makes me glad that most of my flying in the next few years will be on LH group aircraft.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.