Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2018, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SPN Lifer
Access to Polaris lounges (source):

update 29 Sept 2017, effective 1 Oct, 2017

Departure: The airport you are leaving on an international J/F flight* from, i.e. EWR-ORD-NRT
Connecting: The airport to or from which you have a short-haul flight to connect to a longer flight, i.e. EWR-ORD-NRT or NRT-ORD-EWR
Arrival: The airport you arrive at after your long-haul flight, i.e. EWR-ORD-NRT

Hours- 4:30a - 10:45p

*Currently it appears that any departing international flight on an *A partner qualifies (except AC operated transborder flights ), but only United flights with the premium cabin class listed as 'Polaris Business' or 'Polaris First' will qualify for entrance after arriving off a United Polaris flight.
UA premium cabin flights not marketed as Polaris, such as Domestic First or International Business (Canada, Mexico, Caribbean ... ) are not eligible for Polaris lounge access.

Similar / Related Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
IAD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges(wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread

Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?
Print Wikipost

EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2018, 9:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Do the HNL flights get you Polaris access?

Last edited by xkr0p; Jun 19, 2018 at 9:24 am
Old Jun 19, 2018, 9:27 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by xkr0p
Do the HNL flights get you Polaris access?
No, because it is sold as a domestic flight and is not a Polaris ticket.

What matters is the ticket and how the flight was sold, the aircraft used or the seating type it has is not a factor.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by EWRMAN
I have a LH flight in J from terminal B. Will I be allowed past TSA and then allowed in to polaris?
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
If you are departing on an LH flight in F or J then you have access, but getting to C will depend on the TSA. Note if you arrive on LH you don't have access.
I don't see any issues, other than TSA might tell you you're in the wrong terminal, but they can't outright deny you access. I've gone to the wrong terminal before (though not at EWR) to use a better lounge and just telling them that I wanted to use the lounge was always sufficient.

I'm flying OS in C ex-EWR next week and was planning on checking in (I have to check a bag) then going over to the Polaris lounge and taking the airside bus back to B.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 12:23 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
No, because it is sold as a domestic flight and is not a Polaris ticket.

What matters is the ticket and how the flight was sold, the aircraft used or the seating type it has is not a factor.
So what about flying UA metal but the ticket code is by another *A carrier, would that prevent access on arrivals and connection?

I hope this isn't the same arrogant (and ridiculous)! LX policy where LX stock only gets F lounge access.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 12:28 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
So what about flying UA metal but the ticket code is by another *A carrier, would that prevent access on arrivals and connection?
Per *A rules, if departing in qualifying international business flight you have access. *A rules do not provide access on arrival or non-qualifying departures. This is true for all *A departure business lounges.

The LX rules is for a F lounge and is unusually strict. and noted in the *A rules.

UA exceeds the *A rules for their customers and if you have a (UA) Polaris ticket, then you are good on departure, arrival and connections.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 5:04 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Fraser
I don't see any issues, other than TSA might tell you you're in the wrong terminal, but they can't outright deny you access. I've gone to the wrong terminal before (though not at EWR) to use a better lounge and just telling them that I wanted to use the lounge was always sufficient.
In EWR, I went through the security at Terminal B to go to the LH Senator Lounge instead of going directly to Terminal A from where my flight was leaving (I had a 7 hours wait before my flight). The TSA agent had no problems about it as I just mentioned wanting to go to the LH Lounge.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 7:28 am

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Originally Posted by airzim
I’m curious about all the positive reviews. I was there last Saturday night and I was appalled at how bad the service was in the dining room. Dirty dishes left for long periods, took almost an hour to actually get my dish (the fish which was tiny and served cold) after being looked after by four different servers, who’s English was not great and clearly weren’t taking to each other. Had to ask three times for a refill of water glass. Finally gave up in the dining room after waiting 20 minutes for another bar drink, went to the bar which had 4 or 5 people waiting, only two bartenders, one dedicated to filling orders from the servers and the second announcing that she was going on break. I was just dumbfounded.

I walked out. Proceeded to tell the front door staff how awful and experience this was. They looked like deer in the headlights. Couldn’t believe that I was saying their new lounge was a joke.

I will never use the Dining Room again until they staff and manage this properly. This is not rocket science. 1 server handles the same customer. Then a floor manager to expedite, clean up, refill water, keep things moving.

You can’t spend millions on a lounge and cheap out on the execution.
I'm sorry to hear that. I've only been to this new lounge once so far (which is odd as I usually am ALWAYS in EWR for my international connections). Anyway, I found the service exceptional. The place was relatively empty and I had two servers in the dining room catering to my every whim. I was very pleased.

Last edited by LordHamster; Jun 23, 2018 at 7:42 pm
Old Jun 20, 2018, 7:10 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Been there 4 times already and can only say great things about it. Great food, great beverage ,great service all in the most relaxing atmosphere !!!! Not to mention the showers, great bathrooms and sleeping suites. Great job United!
LordHamster, wxguy and UAinAUS like this.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 12:34 pm

I've got a colleague flying Polaris J from DEL in a few days who has a connection to a UX flight on terminal A. My understanding is that technically they'll allow him in since he's arriving and connecting from a Polaris J flight.

My question is how could he access terminal C where the Polaris lounge is? Could he take the United shuttle from A by showing them his DEL to EWR ticket or would TSA allow him to enter terminal C using either of his boarding passes?

Any real world experience with this would be appreciated.

Safe Travels,
James
Old Jun 23, 2018, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by j2simpso
I've got a colleague flying Polaris J from DEL in a few days who has a connection to a UX flight on terminal A. My understanding is that technically they'll allow him in since he's arriving and connecting from a Polaris J flight.

My question is how could he access terminal C where the Polaris lounge is? Could he take the United shuttle from A by showing them his DEL to EWR ticket or would TSA allow him to enter terminal C using either of his boarding passes?

Any real world experience with this would be appreciated.

Safe Travels,
James
When he exits Customs in Terminal C, he'll be directed to the AirTrain to get to Terminal A. Tell him instead to go up the escalator to the left after he exits Customs straight up to Terminal C TSA, telling any agent who asks that he's going to the Polaris Club prior to his flight out of A. Just tell him to allow plenty of time to take the bus from near gate 71 over to A.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 4:59 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
When he exits Customs in Terminal C, he'll be directed to the AirTrain to get to Terminal A. Tell him instead to go up the escalator to the left after he exits Customs straight up to Terminal C TSA, telling any agent who asks that he's going to the Polaris Club prior to his flight out of A. Just tell him to allow plenty of time to take the bus from near gate 71 over to A.
from my experience when you exit customs you're exiting terminal B
Old Jun 23, 2018, 7:37 pm

Programs: UA 1P
I've arrived at both Terminal B and C on UA, I'm pretty sure
Old Jun 23, 2018, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Originally Posted by Flying Machine

from my experience when you exit customs you're exiting terminal B
Originally Posted by LXFlyer
I've arrived at both Terminal B and C on UA, I'm pretty sure

The majority of UA international flights land at C. With overflow landing at B.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 6:47 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Flight status on our flight from MUC said that we were landing at Terminal B but we landed at Terminal C. That was before the EWR PL opened so it was less convenient as we were planning to go to the LH Senators Lounge. OK, not a big problem, just a short train ride from one terminal to the other. I'm sure that now that I would want to access the PL, my next flights will arrive at Terminal B.......
Old Jun 24, 2018, 7:08 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
Flight status on our flight from MUC said that we were landing at Terminal B but we landed at Terminal C. That was before the EWR PL opened so it was less convenient as we were planning to go to the LH Senators Lounge. OK, not a big problem, just a short train ride from one terminal to the other. I'm sure that now that I would want to access the PL, my next flights will arrive at Terminal B.......
I should have clarified that the flight could come into B. I've flown numerous times on DEL-EWR (the OP's question) and it's always come into C. Maybe there's no need for overflow gates that early in the morning, but it doesn't mean it couldn't happen. Do early flights from DEL, BOM, TLV, etc ever come into B?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.