Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2018, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SPN Lifer
Access to Polaris lounges (source):

update 29 Sept 2017, effective 1 Oct, 2017

Departure: The airport you are leaving on an international J/F flight* from, i.e. EWR-ORD-NRT
Connecting: The airport to or from which you have a short-haul flight to connect to a longer flight, i.e. EWR-ORD-NRT or NRT-ORD-EWR
Arrival: The airport you arrive at after your long-haul flight, i.e. EWR-ORD-NRT

Hours- 4:30a - 10:45p

*Currently it appears that any departing international flight on an *A partner qualifies (except AC operated transborder flights ), but only United flights with the premium cabin class listed as 'Polaris Business' or 'Polaris First' will qualify for entrance after arriving off a United Polaris flight.
UA premium cabin flights not marketed as Polaris, such as Domestic First or International Business (Canada, Mexico, Caribbean ... ) are not eligible for Polaris lounge access.

Similar / Related Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
IAD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges(wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread

Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?
Print Wikipost

EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2018, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by zombietooth
Sorry, I can't remember many of them (I couldn't sleep at all on my Tokyo flight and showed-up at the club as a virtual zombie), but one that stood out was a delicious fingerling potato salad with cress and scallions, served in individual large ramekins, not from a bowl. There was also a Chicken Parm that seemed very popular-I didn't try that one though.
I'm there now, and appreciate the concept of the buffet, but am underwhelmed by the execution, at least this evening. It was all a little sorry, as if sitting out too long (which it probably was). I gave it a shot- tried the chicken parmesan, a bite-sized chicken BLT, a dollop of smoked salmon on dark bread. The only dish that excited me was a great curried califlower/potato, which was truly spicy. Anyhow, I opted for the restaurant, where I'm now consuming a fine burger. Service is still a little tentative, but everyone is trying really hard. The dining room is only half full, and the lounge overall about 1/3 full. I was seated and eating in under 15 min. It's 8pm on a Wed, btw, and I got here about 6:30. The airport outside is teeming. I'm grateful for the respite.

Attaching photo of dining room

ETA: whoa- the lounge is now actually quite full-- maybe 3/4. Quite the influx while I was eating. But it's still reasonably peaceful. The spacing of the sections/modules helps regulate congestion and offer a calm environment.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 6, 2018 at 6:14 pm Reason: merging Update posts by same member
Old Jun 7, 2018, 2:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Any screen shots of the sit down menu? Curious how varied it is v SFO
Old Jun 7, 2018, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
I believe there were some photos in pigx5's collection.

Originally Posted by pigx5
I was there on Jun 1 and I really loved it.
The food tasted much better than the food at the Polaris SFO.
Click here to see all the pics!!

It's a great lounge!!!img

United Polaris Lounge EWR!
Old Jun 7, 2018, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Here's a quick pic I took of the sit-down menu
Billiken likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 3:35 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier
Curious to see how it is come October when we go to FCO. We did some early Polaris flights TPAC last March and it was nice but this years TATL in Polaris was pretty underwhelming with the cut backs onboard. Just hoping the food in the lounge will be decent so we can skip the meal on the flight and get some sleep.
Billiken, kirkwoodj and Dublin_rfk like this.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 6:57 am

Programs: AA/UA/DL
You can see the menus and actual food photos in these two links:

EWR Polaris Lounge

SFO Polaris Lounge
Old Jun 8, 2018, 7:22 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, M Life Gold, SIXT Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum, Global Entry
Does anybody have any pictures of the shower facilities and the sleep/rest areas?
Old Jun 8, 2018, 7:51 am

Programs: AA/UA/DL
Originally Posted by UASleeper
Does anybody have any pictures of the shower facilities and the sleep/rest areas?

You can see the shower/quiet suite photos in these two links:

EWR Polaris Lounge

SFO Polaris Lounge
Old Jun 8, 2018, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Here now on a Friday afternoon 3 PM very light load great space I'm looking forward to having a late lunch
Old Jun 8, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: Delta DM CO PE OZ GE AMTRAK
Considering the reported load, United probably can benefit if they let in P.S. business class passengers, perhaps those only on J and C class tickets, so no upgrades, no award, etc.. It will be a nice boost for the P.S. program and gain some market shares away from competition.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, M Life Gold, SIXT Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum, Global Entry
Thanks Pigx5! Nicely done! Good job, United!
Old Jun 8, 2018, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Actually I'm still here… I really don't think the PS crowd should be admitted, it's a nice haven for business class. And PS can be utilized with an RPU and will dilute the experience. The cod over the puréed cauliflower it's quite nice
Old Jun 8, 2018, 6:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Walked by the entrance today on my way to my EWR-LAX flight. It looks real sharp, especially compared to the tired old entrance that used to be there. Have to wait a couple of months before getting the full experience
Old Jun 9, 2018, 9:45 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, IHG Ambassador
EWR Polaris Lounge Showers

Originally Posted by pigx5
You can see the shower/quiet suite photos in these two links:

EWR Polaris Lounge

SFO Polaris Lounge
Other than upgraded fixtures, the layout of the shower rooms in the EWR Polaris Lounge don't seem different at all from when the location was a United Club.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 10:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by amtrakusa
....perhaps those only on J and C class tickets, so no upgrades, no award, etc...
As a general rule, I am NEVER in favor of differentiating between "paid" full fare and discount fare/upgrade/award for ANY benefits. They should always be treated as EQUALS.

And United's choice to exclude PS from the Polaris lounge was the correct one, in my opinion.
krazykanuck, pnt1, UAinAUS and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.