Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Old Jun 3, 2018, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SPN Lifer
Access to Polaris lounges (source):

update 29 Sept 2017, effective 1 Oct, 2017

Departure: The airport you are leaving on an international J/F flight* from, i.e. EWR-ORD-NRT
Connecting: The airport to or from which you have a short-haul flight to connect to a longer flight, i.e. EWR-ORD-NRT or NRT-ORD-EWR
Arrival: The airport you arrive at after your long-haul flight, i.e. EWR-ORD-NRT

Hours- 4:30a - 10:45p

*Currently it appears that any departing international flight on an *A partner qualifies (except AC operated transborder flights ), but only United flights with the premium cabin class listed as 'Polaris Business' or 'Polaris First' will qualify for entrance after arriving off a United Polaris flight.
UA premium cabin flights not marketed as Polaris, such as Domestic First or International Business (Canada, Mexico, Caribbean ... ) are not eligible for Polaris lounge access.

Similar / Related Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
IAD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges(wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread

Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?
Print Wikipost

EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Old Jul 11, 2022, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PHLondoner
To those who’ve been recently - what’s been your experience for the wait time for PL sit down dining? I’m flying soon TATL during the late afternoon/early evening rush, so assuming it’ll be crowded.
Sit-down dining waitlist starts to build around 1600, tapers around 1830. It's managed informally, so if you try and they say come back in 30min, you can show up again around 20min and they'll seat you. The kitchen is pretty quick at those hours; I think the server staff are the limiting factor.

Overall seating is a bit of a zoo from 1500 to 1900.
PHLondoner likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 11:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by Stopwatch430
Also why is the restaurant out of pagers?
Originally Posted by fumje
Sit-down dining waitlist starts to build around 1600, tapers around 1830. It's managed informally, so if you try and they say come back in 30min, you can show up again around 20min and they'll seat you.
So do they not have enough functioning pagers anymore, or have they just decided not to use them?
Old Jul 12, 2022, 12:14 am

Programs: UA 1k (12 year fallen GS) 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by econ
So do they not have enough functioning pagers anymore, or have they just decided not to use them?
Have not seen them used at all recently - they just give you a time to come back…. FWIW in the past month I’ve been 6 times - no pagers in sight….
Old Jul 13, 2022, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Does anyone have current a la carte menu?
Old Jul 13, 2022, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Does anyone have current a la carte menu?
I believe this is current (couple weeks old). Not much changed from spring / winter earlier this year.

I've tried everything on the menu (breakfast to dinner) except a couple of the desserts if you have questions about any.

edit: the menu says breakfast served until 11a, but the staff say until 1130a.
cesco.g and MatthewLAX like this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I believe this is current (couple weeks old). Not much changed from spring / winter earlier this year.

I've tried everything on the menu (breakfast to dinner) except a couple of the desserts if you have questions about any.

edit: the menu says breakfast served until 11a, but the staff say until 1130a.
Thanks!

Breakfast bowl or omelette in the morning?

How is lamb kofta, which sounds like the best thing on the menu?
Old Jul 13, 2022, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks!

Breakfast bowl or omelette in the morning?

How is lamb kofta, which sounds like the best thing on the menu?
The grain bowl is surprisingly good, although it's quite filling. An omelette is sort of a comfort food for me, though, so hard to say I prefer one or the other. Both are good.

The lamb kofta is good, as is the cod (sometimes tad over-salted/soy-sauced, perhaps). The cauliflower app is good as well, but it is kind of similar flavour profile to the lamb. Dinner for one (moderately hungry), I would probably have tomato salad, cauliflower, and cod. Alternative option: soup, maybe tomato salad, lamb kofta. Add on dessert as desired. EWR's burger has also recovered to be acceptably good, although not as nice as pre-pandemic. The wedge fries are meh, not horrible, but not really worth eating more than a couple bites.
cesco.g, MatthewLAX and chavala like this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The grain bowl is surprisingly good, although it's quite filling. An omelette is sort of a comfort food for me, though, so hard to say I prefer one or the other. Both are good.

The lamb kofta is good, as is the cod (sometimes tad over-salted/soy-sauced, perhaps). The cauliflower app is good as well, but it is kind of similar flavour profile to the lamb. Dinner for one (moderately hungry), I would probably have tomato salad, cauliflower, and cod. Alternative option: soup, maybe tomato salad, lamb kofta. Add on dessert as desired. EWR's burger has also recovered to be acceptably good, although not as nice as pre-pandemic. The wedge fries are meh, not horrible, but not really worth eating more than a couple bites.
Love it. Thank you. I think I'll eat meat in the lounge, order the AVML and see how it goes!
Old Jul 14, 2022, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA MM, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Uber Platinum :)

Yea, my choice is currently the cauliflower app followed by the cod. Agreed on the Polaris burger - systemwide doesn't seem to be as good as pre-pandemic but I might be imagining that.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 1:45 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Bronze
What is the cocktail you had in the first picture?
Sorry for the delay - that's a Belvedere Vodka Cosmopolitan. Has been very well done on past two visits (by different bartenders). Avoid margaritas, and my buddy asked for a mai tai, which was a disaster.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by seanp7
Sorry for the delay - that's a Belvedere Vodka Cosmopolitan. Has been very well done on past two visits (by different bartenders). Avoid margaritas, and my buddy asked for a mai tai, which was a disaster.
A Mai Tai? In New Jersey? There's an optimist
seanp7 and Flying Machine like this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by seanp7
How can they mess up a margarita??
Old Jul 17, 2022, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM
I am getting extremely tipsy at EWR right now with The Prisonner red which I find to be a very enjoyable red to drink with everything or without anythinf
Old Jul 17, 2022, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Love it. Thank you. I think I'll eat meat in the lounge, order the AVML and see how it goes!
Sensible approach, who wants to enjoy some edible meat!
Pls report back on the AVML - curious how this is like past-pandemic.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 7:51 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
We arrived in the EWR Polaris Lounge yesterday at about 10:30am. It was our first time in there and had no complaints whatsoever. It was quiet when we arrived but was a lot busier when we left at about 1:30pm. I checked with the dining room staff when we arrived to make sure there weren't any closures and there were none. Staff were attentive and our food came out from the kitchen in a decent time, maybe 20 minutes tops. It took us an hour and ten minutes from when we were seated in the dining room until we left, after having appetizer, burgers, and desert. All staff were friendly and it was an enjoyable experience.

To be truthful, everything at EWR went perfect for us. There wasn't a single person in line at security. Our flight departed on time (from what I'm told we were one of the 20% that departed on time at that point, and the storms changed that later that day). I'm sure the fact that EWR was quiet when we arrived affected out lounge experience and I would never expect the same after 1pm.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.