Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Old Jun 3, 2018, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SPN Lifer
Access to Polaris lounges (source):

update 29 Sept 2017, effective 1 Oct, 2017

Departure: The airport you are leaving on an international J/F flight* from, i.e. EWR-ORD-NRT
Connecting: The airport to or from which you have a short-haul flight to connect to a longer flight, i.e. EWR-ORD-NRT or NRT-ORD-EWR
Arrival: The airport you arrive at after your long-haul flight, i.e. EWR-ORD-NRT

Hours- 4:30a - 10:45p

*Currently it appears that any departing international flight on an *A partner qualifies (except AC operated transborder flights ), but only United flights with the premium cabin class listed as 'Polaris Business' or 'Polaris First' will qualify for entrance after arriving off a United Polaris flight.
UA premium cabin flights not marketed as Polaris, such as Domestic First or International Business (Canada, Mexico, Caribbean ... ) are not eligible for Polaris lounge access.

Similar / Related Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
IAD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges(wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread

Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?
Print Wikipost

EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Old Jun 15, 2022, 7:26 pm

Programs: UA 1k (12 year fallen GS) 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
I think this is something that needs to be written up and sent in to United
Normally I would agree - but UA just doesn’t care - I’m sitting at my gate to fly to london while the delay reason is an earlier delay impacted my departure - except the earlier flight was early….

Last edited by bmwe92fan; Jun 17, 2022 at 2:06 am
Old Jun 15, 2022, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
Normally I would agree - but UA just doesn’t care - I’m sitting at my gate to fly to london while the delay reason is an earlier delay impacted my departure - except the earlier flight was early….
I've had that happen before with UA, and other airlines.

But the bartender walking away with my change? I would have jumped over the bar.

I may be there in a couple of days to see for myself.

Last edited by stimpy; Jun 15, 2022 at 7:42 pm
Old Jun 15, 2022, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA 1k (12 year fallen GS) 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by stimpy
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
Normally I would agree - but UA just doesnt care - Im sitting at my gate to fly to london while the delay reason is an earlier delay impacted my departure - except the earlier flight was early.

But the bartender walking away with my change? I would have jumped over the bar.

delete - dup

Last edited by bmwe92fan; Jun 16, 2022 at 5:27 am
Old Jun 15, 2022, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy

FYI - He didnt walk away with her change - the $20 he took as a tip
Flying Machine likes this.

Last edited by bmwe92fan; Jun 15, 2022 at 8:03 pm
Old Jun 16, 2022, 2:46 pm

Programs: 1K
Hmm sounds like someone should have confronted the bar tender to correct them. Or, just take your change from the other bills on the bar. I know it is probably frowned upon, but Ive made my own change with stray bills.

My experience at the EWR Polaris lounge last week was positive. The bartenders were very cordial and the restaurant was running efficiently. I was actually astounded by the number of tables they were able to turn without compromising service.

Then I went to the KEF Saga lounge and remembered that all UA lounges are generally terrible.
Flying Machine and kirkwoodj like this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 6:42 pm

Programs: United 4MM GS, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Lifetime Diamond
One quick note on the EWR PL especially if you're on the 10:00pm or 11:00pm LHR departures. Sit down dining ends at 8:00pm and 8:00pm is also the timing of the last time hot food is replenished. Tyere were a few surprised and disappointed Polaris passengers :-(
mildfrequence likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by LifetimeGS
One quick note on the EWR PL especially if you're on the 10:00pm or 11:00pm LHR departures. Sit down dining ends at 8:00pm and 8:00pm is also the timing of the last time hot food is replenished. Tyere were a few surprised and disappointed Polaris passengers :-(
Yes this is very true -- I saw the same a few nights ago... I wish they would make an announcement in the lounge at this time -- such a simple thing could save a lot of passenger frustration...
seanp7 likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by LifetimeGS
This is pretty wild since those 10pm and 11pm departures are the ones where you really probably want to eat before your flight, not onboard.
lowfareair, seanp7, view and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 2:42 pm
Suspended

In a rammed EWR PL right now. Actually a line for the bathroom. Obviously this is a peak day at a peak hour but if UA keeps expanding intl J capacity from EWR during the peak afternoon/early evening rush, they are going to have to expand this lounge. In any event, why does the EWR PL still not have a cocktail list?
seanp7 and Flying Machine like this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 3:11 pm
Suspended

Also why is the restaurant out of pagers? Annoying to keep being told to come back every 10. Host is very nice about it but still….
seanp7 likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 6:54 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Stopwatch430
In a rammed EWR PL right now. Actually a line for the bathroom. Obviously this is a peak day at a peak hour but if UA keeps expanding intl J capacity from EWR during the peak afternoon/early evening rush, they are going to have to expand this lounge. In any event, why does the EWR PL still not have a cocktail list?
The Passengers have returned; the cocktail menu has not; sadly. Just go safe with a Cosmo or Manhattan. #RIPPaperPlane. Even the LHR UC has a cocktail menu (and a cracking one, might I add!)

Its July now; buckle up! (Will report from the PL Wed night).

Last edited by seanp7; Jun 30, 2022 at 7:04 pm
Old Jul 6, 2022, 7:10 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Bronze
Ok so not bad at all tonight. Security was fine (EWR). PL coped. 45 min wait for a table hit service good.

Cod - Main (PL)

The PL cod was stunning. I dont say that lightly. Was very surprised.

Lentil Curry Soup (PL)

On board PDB was fast, just water and ghastly sparkling wine. 1K meal orders prioritized.

same menu as reported

Menu

Away amenity kit.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seanp7
Ok so not bad at all tonight. Security was fine (EWR). PL coped. 45 min wait for a table hit service good.

Cod - Main (PL)

Lentil Curry Soup (PL)

On board PDB was fast, just water and ghastly sparkling wine. 1K meal orders prioritized.

same menu as reported

Menu
Thx for your feedback on PL. What flight was that menu provided on?
Old Jul 7, 2022, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seanp7

img
Cod - Main (PL)

img
Lentil Curry Soup (PL)

same menu as reported

img
Menu

Away amenity kit.
What is the cocktail you had in the first picture?

I agree the cod is good. I think it ties with the lamb kofte for best item on the menu at EWR. The cauliflower app is good too.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 1:40 pm

To those who’ve been recently - what’s been your experience for the wait time for PL sit down dining? I’m flying soon TATL during the late afternoon/early evening rush, so assuming it’ll be crowded.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.