Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Old Jun 3, 2018, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SPN Lifer
Access to Polaris lounges (source):

update 29 Sept 2017, effective 1 Oct, 2017

Departure: The airport you are leaving on an international J/F flight* from, i.e. EWR-ORD-NRT
Connecting: The airport to or from which you have a short-haul flight to connect to a longer flight, i.e. EWR-ORD-NRT or NRT-ORD-EWR
Arrival: The airport you arrive at after your long-haul flight, i.e. EWR-ORD-NRT

Hours- 4:30a - 10:45p

*Currently it appears that any departing international flight on an *A partner qualifies (except AC operated transborder flights ), but only United flights with the premium cabin class listed as 'Polaris Business' or 'Polaris First' will qualify for entrance after arriving off a United Polaris flight.
UA premium cabin flights not marketed as Polaris, such as Domestic First or International Business (Canada, Mexico, Caribbean ... ) are not eligible for Polaris lounge access.

Similar / Related Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
IAD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges(wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread

Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?
Print Wikipost

EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Old Jan 24, 2020, 12:14 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Im going to be at the EWR Polaris lounge early next week. Im gonna sit one of those bench seats while I take my passport out of my briefcase so I can enter :-) Ill see what they say
Old Jan 24, 2020, 9:58 am

Did you tell her you were waiting for a wheelchair?
Old Jan 25, 2020, 3:22 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by MrGood
Neither really, I was done with my lounge visit, and she just told me not to sit around in the entrance area. They don't have any signs up which adds to the confusion.
So in other words, they didn't at all "basically kick you out"?
Old Jan 25, 2020, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Any recent reports on what champagne theyre serving at the EWR Polaris lounge?
Old Jan 25, 2020, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA Platinum | Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Any recent reports on what champagne theyre serving at the EWR Polaris lounge?
Piper Heidsieck brut, red label, but I think that's the only type IIRC.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 5:21 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by MrGood
Piper Heidsieck brut, red label, but I think that's the only type IIRC.
Which was the winner of the famed 747FC blind tasting, with ten participants scores averaged. Obviously, UA discovered our important research and decided to follow the data.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 6:34 pm

Programs: UA Platinum | Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by 747FC
Which was the winner of the famed 747FC blind tasting
A blind tasting so famous and important that nobody knows about it. I sense bottle prices about to go up
747FC likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 9:03 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus
By all accounts looks like I will have access but wanted to confirm this here. I have a TK business class award ticket out of EWR to IST.
1) Will I be able to access the Polaris lounge on July 22 for dinner? TK30 is scheduled to leave at 00:10 on July 23.
2) Does anyone know what terminal TK30 leaves from?
If it matters I am 1K.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 9:10 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by azfanboy
By all accounts looks like I will have access but wanted to confirm this here. I have a TK business class award ticket out of EWR to IST.
1) Will I be able to access the Polaris lounge on July 22 for dinner? TK30 is scheduled to leave at 00:10 on July 23.
2) Does anyone know what terminal TK30 leaves from?
If it matters I am 1K.
TK does not allow OLCI ex-USA, so you will go to Terminal B and check in, take AirTrain to C and clear security there and go to the Polaris Lounge. NOTE: The airside shuttle from C to B stops running 22:30 so plan accordingly. TK will most likely depart from the SAS/Lufthansa Concourse, if you are *G you can access the Senator Lounge
Old Feb 26, 2020, 11:05 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
1) Will I be able to access the Polaris lounge on July 22 for dinner? TK30 is scheduled to leave at 00:10 on July 23....
Beleive the sit down dining closes about 2200. So you might need to arrive at EWR 2000 (8PM or earlier), 4 hours before your flight -- if you have bags you need to check how early TK check-in opens. Might be easier to just head for the LH lounge.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 11:53 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus
Thanks for the heads up guys. So I guess the biggest variable is when Turkish will allow me to check my bags in, so I can head to Terminal C for the Polaris Lounge.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 2:21 pm

Programs: NEXUS, MileagePlus Silver, Frontier Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Thanks for the heads up guys. So I guess the biggest variable is when Turkish will allow me to check my bags in, so I can head to Terminal C for the Polaris Lounge.
I want to say it's 3 hours in ORD. I'd imagine EWR is similar.

I wouldn't go through the hassle. Just get there 90 minutes early (airport will be dead at 10:30).
Old Mar 5, 2020, 7:51 am

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Lounge is eerily quiet, only 12 passengers in the lounge on a Thursday morning. Kind of sad to see. Hope air travel can pick up soon.

Food - maple bacon beignets and sweet potato chickpea hashbrown and benedict

st530 and narvik like this.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 8:16 am

Food looks good, Ive never been there for breakfast
Old Mar 5, 2020, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by hirohito888
Lounge is eerily quiet, only 12 passengers in the lounge on a Thursday morning. Kind of sad to see. Hope air travel can pick up soon.

Food - maple bacon beignets and sweet potato chickpea hashbrown and benedict

How was the food? Better question: How was the service?

David

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.