Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Old Jun 3, 2018, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SPN Lifer
Access to Polaris lounges (source):

update 29 Sept 2017, effective 1 Oct, 2017

Departure: The airport you are leaving on an international J/F flight* from, i.e. EWR-ORD-NRT
Connecting: The airport to or from which you have a short-haul flight to connect to a longer flight, i.e. EWR-ORD-NRT or NRT-ORD-EWR
Arrival: The airport you arrive at after your long-haul flight, i.e. EWR-ORD-NRT

Hours- 4:30a - 10:45p

*Currently it appears that any departing international flight on an *A partner qualifies (except AC operated transborder flights ), but only United flights with the premium cabin class listed as 'Polaris Business' or 'Polaris First' will qualify for entrance after arriving off a United Polaris flight.
UA premium cabin flights not marketed as Polaris, such as Domestic First or International Business (Canada, Mexico, Caribbean ... ) are not eligible for Polaris lounge access.

Similar / Related Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
IAD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges(wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread

Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?
Print Wikipost

EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Old Nov 3, 2019, 8:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Polaris Lounge (EWR) Sit Down Meals

10/17/19 - Lunch time

Cheeseburger

Dessert

10/29/19 - Breakfast after arrival on UA49

Coffee to start off

2 different oatmeals (recommended by the server)

Make your own omelette
cesco.g, narvik and MrGood like this.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 7:06 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by JerseyCityS
Last time I flew LH, I used the Polaris, Lufthansa, and SAS Lounges. Polaris is best if you have time. Lufthansa is worst. SAS, which is in B, was better than LH, in my opinion. Of the 3, LH Is that last I'd use at EWR.
Really? I find the EWR LH lounge to be quite good and markedly better than the SAS. Did they make improvements to the SAS lounge/service in recent years?
Old Nov 5, 2019, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA Platinum | Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by elitefreak
Did they make improvements to the SAS lounge/service in recent years?
Last time I visited a couple months ago, SAS is the same as in recent years: no changing/shower rooms, deteriorating furniture, same cold food/hot soup options, and disappointing wine selection.

If resorting to the two, LH is notably better in food/beverage and (imo) service. But since both can get very crowded in the afternoon, SAS is the more spacious choice.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 3:30 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards, SPG Gold, United 1K, Hilton Diamond, Diamond Golden Circle
Very disappointing to see the cutbacks at this lounge. 1 waitress working the restaurant - took 90 minutes to receive oatmeal & crepe's, and never received the drinks ordered. 1 bartender on duty. Seemed like the last time I visited they had a wider selection of alcohol and wine, and the buffet was larger as well.

Still much better than the United Club.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 3:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Zoltar
At EWR Terminal C, that is an exceptionally low bar.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 7:20 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by LimeyFlyer
New entry requirement question by the front desk folks "Do you flush #1 AND #2 ?"
They still checked passport to verify ones true identity. 😭😭😭
Old Dec 30, 2019, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Very disappointing to see the cutbacks at this lounge. 1 waitress working the restaurant - took 90 minutes to receive oatmeal & crepe's, and never received the drinks ordered. 1 bartender on duty. Seemed like the last time I visited they had a wider selection of alcohol and wine, and the buffet was larger as well..
Perhaps that is just the holidays. I was there a couple of weeks ago and there was a full compliment of wait and bar staff, so I don't think there are any cutbacks. And they still have Whistling Pig at the bar so I was happy.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 5:36 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Very disappointing to see the cutbacks at this lounge. 1 waitress working the restaurant - took 90 minutes to receive oatmeal & crepe's, and never received the drinks ordered. 1 bartender on duty. Seemed like the last time I visited they had a wider selection of alcohol and wine, and the buffet was larger as well.

I think that what you may also be seeing is the results of the great economic boom with the subsequent decline in the unemployment rate. There just aren't enough workers to go around at lower level jobs anymore.

My athletic facility has been open on Christmas day for the past 30 years since I have been going there. This year, they had to close. They just could not find staff to cover the day. I guess UA was lucky enough to find someone to cover Christmas for the Polaris lounge.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 8:09 am

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
At the lounge this morning on New Year's eve, very eerily quiet before the NRT flight but food offering and table service are no different than any normal weekday evening.

uanj, kirkwoodj and narvik like this.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 12:42 pm

A lounge receptionist basically kicked me out this last weekend. I left the lounge to sit on a bench in the reception area while waiting for a family member, and the receptionist came over to me saying "these benches are for wheelchair pickup. This isn't a lobby. You can't sit here". There are 4 benches in the front. Apparently not even lounge guests can use them?
narvik likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 3:13 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by MrGood
A lounge receptionist basically kicked me out this last weekend. I left the lounge to sit on a bench in the reception area while waiting for a family member, and the receptionist came over to me saying "these benches are for wheelchair pickup. This isn't a lobby. You can't sit here". There are 4 benches in the front. Apparently not even lounge guests can use them?
When you say "basically kicked me out", you're saying the receptionist told you to leave the Polaris Lounge, or told you to go back into the Lounge?
Old Jan 23, 2020, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by physioprof
When you say "basically kicked me out", you're saying the receptionist told you to leave the Polaris Lounge, or told you to go back into the Lounge?
Neither really, I was done with my lounge visit, and she just told me not to sit around in the entrance area. They don't have any signs up which adds to the confusion.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
That's interesting. I looked at those very benches earlier this week, remembered that I'd never seen anyone ever use them, and thought: "What a waste-of-space!"
At least now I know what they're "supposed" to be for; cheers!
Old Jan 23, 2020, 7:03 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
"...This isn't a lobby. You can't sit here"...
Classic New Jersey. Actually, classic United.

I think United should re-dub itself "New Jersey's Airline." We have it all: New Jersey Attitude; New Jersey Efficiency; New Jersey Corruption.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by porciuscato
Classic New Jersey. Actually, classic United.
I thought the EXACT. SAME. THING. So welcoming...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.