Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 26, 2018, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SPN Lifer
United Polaris Lounge at George Bush Intercontinental Airport
Facts & Highlights
  • 191 seats
  • 324 power outlets and 264 USB ports
  • 2 private daybeds outfitted with Saks Fifth Avenue bedding
  • 6 luxurious shower suites, featuring rainfall showers and Soho House & Co's Cowshed Spa products
  • Personal valet services, including steaming garments
  • A private dining area with table service for up to 28 guests
  • 11 pieces of contemporary art
in Terminal E, this exclusive 12,528-square-foot lounge features an array of plush seating, Texas and South American-inspired cuisine, shower suites and stunning views of taxiing planes.
…. The lounge is open this summer from 5:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.

update 29 Sept 2017, effective 1 Oct 2017
Trans-border flights (Canada, Mexico, ..) for UA and partner flights do not qualify

Departure: The airport you are leaving on an international J/F flight* from, i.e. SFO-TPE
Connecting: The airport to or from which you have a short-haul flight to connect to a longer flight, i.e. LAX-SFO-NRT or NRT-SFO-LAX
Arrival: The airport you arrive at after your long-haul flight, i.e. NRT-IAH-MSY

Hours - …. The lounge is open this summer from 5:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.

Related Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread

Print Wikipost

IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2018, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by st530
Unchanged from day 1. Hot items: Brazilian empanadas; Argentine beef stew; chipotle mac and cheese; Brussels sprouts; pulled pork and chicken sliders. Cold items: salad items, cheeses, soba noodle, variety of desserts including dulce de leche rice pudding, I'm probably missing an item or two.
Thanks for the detailed descrptions. This is a pretty nice line-up, indeed looks more appealing to me than SFO. Seems to be also a good alternative to the sit-down dining options.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Very late report from my experience during breakfast service in August. Great selection and prompt, professional service in dining room. I took a walk over to the buffet area after breakfast just to take a look and was less than impressed. Looked pretty basic. No smoked salmon or other smoked fish like they have out at Chicago Polaris lounge, which overall has a much higher quality buffet at breakfast (at least in my experience). When I asked whether they had any smoked salmon or similar items like in Chicago, the attendant said, "no, we don't get as many people as the lounge in Chicago." Thought that was a strange response.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 8:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium
Is there anywhere to take a nap in the lounge? Didn’t see anywhere in IAH. Very disappointing
Old Dec 9, 2018, 8:29 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Bruin1K
Is there anywhere to take a nap in the lounge? Didn’t see anywhere in IAH. Very disappointing
UA info on the IAH Polaris lounge states
2 private daybeds outfitted with Saks Fifth Avenue bedding
Did you ask?
Old Dec 9, 2018, 8:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
no cause I didn’t need it at the time. My next Polaris visit will be in ORD.how about there?
Thanks
Old Dec 9, 2018, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Bruin1K
My next Polaris visit will be in ORD.how about there?
Yes, 4 or 5, I beleive

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
Old Dec 12, 2018, 3:30 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
How often does the menu change, and what time does lunch come out? Have a flight in Jan to IAD that leaves at 11:55 (connecting to UA Polaris). Would love to experience the lunch menu, but I guess that's not enough time... I'm sure breakfast will be fine though.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 9:42 am

Programs: United MP 1K, SPG Gold
Really disappointed I couldn't enter the Polaris lounge, coming from nrt on NH F on a United code share ticket. It should definitely be open to at least code share flyers with United mileage plus members and some sort of status. The various rules for entry to clubs are so aggravating and hard to keep track of.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 10:57 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by dinoscool3
How often does the menu change, and what time does lunch come out? Have a flight in Jan to IAD that leaves at 11:55 (connecting to UA Polaris). Would love to experience the lunch menu, but I guess that's not enough time... I'm sure breakfast will be fine though.
Don’t think it’s changed since opening, but was only there very briefly last night
Old Dec 23, 2018, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dinoscool3
How often does the menu change, and what time does lunch come out?
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Don’t think it’s changed since opening, but was only there very briefly last night
Was at the ORD PL recently and noticed some change on the sit-down dining menu since my last visit a few months ago.
Specifically I recall a seared tuna appetizer among the items being replaced.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Evident
Really disappointed I couldn't enter the Polaris lounge, coming from nrt on NH F on a United code share ticket. It should definitely be open to at least code share flyers with United mileage plus members and some sort of status. The various rules for entry to clubs are so aggravating and hard to keep track of.
United provides access to United Club for MP Golds and better arriving on ANA.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by Evident
Aside from the fact that you wanted access, why?
Old Jan 4, 2019, 8:22 pm

I just found this thread and read the whole thing before deciding to pose this question. We're flying in from SF connecting to the EZE flight. A friend is picking us up at the airport when we arrive and we're having lunch with her, then she'll drop us back off (Reducing our 9+ hour layover). Is there any storage for our carry-ons? I seem to recall that one lounge in IAD had that, but not sure if a) they still do or b) we can dump the carryons in a secure location in the Polaris lounge.

If not, we'll just take them with us, and take them through security again.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by abbydancer
...Is there any storage for our carry-ons? ....
Generally lounge have stopped doing this A few older lounges still have the area but it isn't secure and not encouraged. Have not seen any Polaris lounges has bag lockers.

Lockers at the IAH United Club -- not any more! states neither do the UCs at IAH.

And this states there are no public lockers at IAH.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Generally lounge have stopped doing this A few older lounges still have the area but it isn't secure and not encouraged. Have not seen any Polaris lounges has bag lockers.

Lockers at the IAH United Club -- not any more! states neither do the UCs at IAH.

And this states there are no public lockers at IAH.
Thank you. It's been a while since I used the lockers. So I guess they will come out with us. I appreciate the very quick reply.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.