Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 26, 2018, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SPN Lifer
United Polaris Lounge at George Bush Intercontinental Airport
Facts & Highlights
  • 191 seats
  • 324 power outlets and 264 USB ports
  • 2 private daybeds outfitted with Saks Fifth Avenue bedding
  • 6 luxurious shower suites, featuring rainfall showers and Soho House & Co's Cowshed Spa products
  • Personal valet services, including steaming garments
  • A private dining area with table service for up to 28 guests
  • 11 pieces of contemporary art
in Terminal E, this exclusive 12,528-square-foot lounge features an array of plush seating, Texas and South American-inspired cuisine, shower suites and stunning views of taxiing planes.
…. The lounge is open this summer from 5:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.

update 29 Sept 2017, effective 1 Oct 2017
Trans-border flights (Canada, Mexico, ..) for UA and partner flights do not qualify

Departure: The airport you are leaving on an international J/F flight* from, i.e. SFO-TPE
Connecting: The airport to or from which you have a short-haul flight to connect to a longer flight, i.e. LAX-SFO-NRT or NRT-SFO-LAX
Arrival: The airport you arrive at after your long-haul flight, i.e. NRT-IAH-MSY

Hours - …. The lounge is open this summer from 5:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.

Related Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread

Print Wikipost

IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2018, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
I don't have the answer, but perhaps someone would know...if BR/CA paid UA enough, would they keep the lounge open until that time? I have no idea what other lounges are ordinarily used for their flyers at IAH, but just curious if that is a consideration at all. It seems like there was certainly some amount of cooperation at the SFO Polaris club...
EVA uses contract lounge at Terminal D, which stays open until last boarding of the operators that use it. I wouldn't put any money on UA keeping Polaris Lounge open any longer than it's own flights. At SFO, UA operates the only lounges operating in the int'l terminal it shares w/ other *G carriers.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 5:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
I don't have the answer, but perhaps someone would know...if BR/CA paid UA enough, would they keep the lounge open until that time? I have no idea what other lounges are ordinarily used for their flyers at IAH, but just curious if that is a consideration at all. It seems like there was certainly some amount of cooperation at the SFO Polaris club...
BR followed CA by using the ridiculously outdated Emirates "executive" lounge in terminal D. Personally I would still prefer going to the new United Club in terminal C instead of that lounge.

No brainer would definitely use the Polaris lounge when I fly out NH.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 3:32 pm

Programs: AS 100K
did this polaris lounge take over the Terminal E Club that had showers? If so, any other UC in IAH that have showers?
Old Aug 8, 2018, 3:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
did this polaris lounge take over the Terminal E Club that had showers? If so, any other UC in IAH that have showers?
lol there are no longer showers in any domestic UC.

UA: Where the unwashed masses will remain unwashed.
EWR764, krazykanuck and mr8 like this.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus
I wasn't sure how to tell specifically from the flight list, but are there any Polaris flights out of IAH that have the new Polaris seats (hard product)?

I took the EWR>TLV Polaris flight which was pretty great, service included. My return EWR>IAH flight was delayed 6 hours, so I got to spend 6 hours in the EWR Polaris Lounge!

I have another Polaris return flight from FCO to IAD, which will permit me access to IAH's Polaris Lounge, so I'm looking forward to seeing what this lounge is like.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 11:12 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by intransittx
I wasn't sure how to tell specifically from the flight list, but are there any Polaris flights out of IAH that have the new Polaris seats (hard product)?

I took the EWR>TLV Polaris flight which was pretty great, service included. My return EWR>IAH flight was delayed 6 hours, so I got to spend 6 hours in the EWR Polaris Lounge!

I have another Polaris return flight from FCO to IAD, which will permit me access to IAH's Polaris Lounge, so I'm looking forward to seeing what this lounge is like.
Nothing regularly scheduled, but your best shot is the 767 flights to South America which have routinely been subbed with the retrofitted planes but there is no way to predict which until 2-3 days ahead of time. NRT and most of Europe are on sCO 772s so rarely substituted for the retrofitted 772s or 773s. SYD is a 787 and will not be substituted.
intransittx likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
IAH<->MUC has been averaging Polaris seats at least 2x weekly each way
intransittx likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 9:46 pm

Programs: All the programs!
The renovation of the old UC space looks great. I can't see anything resembling the old top floor of the UC.
Best lounge at IAH for sure. Better than Centurion.
Enjoyed my visit and sit-down service except for an obnoxiously loud group of 6 people drinking like there's no tomorrow.
tstauck likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: UA1K/RCC, Avis CHM, NWA Plat, SPG Plat
I visited this lounge a couple of days ago, while waiting for my Sydney flight. After visiting the ORD Polaris club, this visit was a disappointment.
I decided to grab a bite to eat, and while they were not very busy, it took a while to get acknowledged. I ordered a Bloody Mary, as well as a burger, a soup, and a shrimp dish. When the soup arrived, I asked for my Bloody Mary, and the waitress said she was going to check on it. When the shrimp dish came, I asked for my Bloody Mary (again), and the waitress said she was going to check. She never came back. When my main dish arrived, I asked for some mayo, as well as for my Bloody. The waitress said she was going to bring those two items to me immediately, but again... nothing happened. I asked another waitress for my Bloody and for some mayo, and I finally got both items when I was just about done with the food.

Afterwards, I went to the customer service desk and said I had a question about a future reservation. The employee asked what airline status I said, and told me to call the 1K desk. She said management had told them they can only help out with same-day reservation.

Overall, this lounge was a let-down.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 10:40 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
That’s a disappointment on the bad service for sure.

On the “same day reservation only” issue, that’s been the case for years. I’ve asked probably once a year or so at various clubs and it’s always met with that reply.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: UA1K/RCC, Avis CHM, NWA Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by nevansm
On the “same day reservation only” issue, that’s been the case for years. I’ve asked probably once a year or so at various clubs and it’s always met with that reply.
I thought one of the benefits of the Polaris club was that they would be able to help with future reservations. I could have been wrong about that, or misread it somewhere.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by dimramon
I thought one of the benefits of the Polaris club was that they would be able to help with future reservations. I could have been wrong about that, or misread it somewhere.
it has been 'same day' for a while. If you find a willing agent and a simple request ... that can work. Anything that is more complicated than a seat change for a future flight ... no longer an option.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Might be swinging by there shortly, Given the reports about slow sit-down dining service, I might have to just get a bite from the buffet. What's that food selection like these days?
Old Nov 21, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Might be swinging by there shortly, Given the reports about slow sit-down dining service, I might have to just get a bite from the buffet. What's that food selection like these days?
Unchanged from day 1. Hot items: Brazilian empanadas; Argentine beef stew; chipotle mac and cheese; Brussels sprouts; pulled pork and chicken sliders. Cold items: salad items, cheeses, soba noodle, variety of desserts including dulce de leche rice pudding, I'm probably missing an item or two.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 6:20 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
I personally found the selection of buffet items at IAH Polaris lounge far superior to the buffet selection of the SFO Polaris lounge, however, I prefer the privacy of the downstairs area of the SFO Polaris lounge as I found it difficult to find a quiet area in the IAH Polaris lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.