Old Feb 17, 2024, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Private Suite @ LAX for UA

Old Dec 9, 2018, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH

Sure, if you’re in a private vehicle. Rental car shuttles, Super Shuttle, etc are a different story. They’re not going to “cross over just after P1 parking structure” if they’re also dropping someone off at T4 (for example).
Yes but in that case it's a whole helluva lot cheaper to take a Lyft/Uber than fork out for the Private Suite.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 11:18 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Phil Level
Was alone in the United Private Suite last night, when 2 other pax walked in. We started chatting and turns out they are active FT members also. Maybe there should be a "United Private Suite FT meet-up thread"?
Funny running into you, FT is a small world.

Tarmac ride was great (obviously a cool perk if you're not GS). Plane ended up going mechanical. When I saw technician walk on flight, called suite and they backed us on next flight out just in case. When announcement was made that we would have to deplane, called suite back and within 2 minutes, 2 GS reps were on the jet bridge and took us back down to the tarmac and across to another flight that was boarding (short hop from LAX-SFO), this time in the United car.
Phil Level likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Was alone in the United Private Suite last night, when 2 other pax walked in. We started chatting and turns out they are active FT members also. Maybe there should be a "United Private Suite FT meet-up thread"?
Hey Phil!

Long time no see...

Quick question: Is it really the case that the food situation in the UA room isn't that great? Need to know if we should bring snacks...

My wife has an ESA (no comments please), and for us, the easy-access airside animal relief area makes this very much worth the cost...
Old Dec 27, 2018, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by Weatherboy
But for me, I just don't find value in the LAX Private Suite --especially if I had to pay for it.
Thanks for the extensive report, Weatherboy. ^

I was seriously considering using Private Suite for my upcoming itinerary. MSY-IAH-LAX-SYD & return. I’m flying in Polaris on the TPAC segments. I mostly fly through IAD on TATL flights and so I haven’t been able to use a Polaris Lounge yet. I wasn’t going to use Private Suite on the outbound journey because I wanted to get a chance to use the Polaris Lounge.

However, I thought it might come in handy for my return flight, SYD-LAX-IAH-MSY, especially since I’ll only have one piece of carryon. I only have 2 hours in LAX before my IAH flight, so I probably wouldn’t have time to use the Polaris Lounge. I was thinking it might be worth the $375 to be picked up at the SYD flight, taken to the Private Suite for Immigration and TSA and, hopefully, Private Suite would then take me to my IAH flight. Is this possible? Do they take you to connecting flights?

Or, should I save the $375 and try to navigate LAX within the 2 hour timeframe from landing to my IAH departure? BTW, I do have GE.

Old Dec 27, 2018, 4:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by FLYMSY

Thanks for the extensive report, Weatherboy. ^

I was seriously considering using Private Suite for my upcoming itinerary. MSY-IAH-LAX-SYD & return. I’m flying in Polaris on the TPAC segments. I mostly fly through IAD on TATL flights and so I haven’t been able to use a Polaris Lounge yet. I wasn’t going to use Private Suite on the outbound journey because I wanted to get a chance to use the Polaris Lounge.

However, I thought it might come in handy for my return flight, SYD-LAX-IAH-MSY, especially since I’ll only have one piece of carryon. I only have 2 hours in LAX before my IAH flight, so I probably wouldn’t have time to use the Polaris Lounge. I was thinking it might be worth the $375 to be picked up at the SYD flight, taken to the Private Suite for Immigration and TSA and, hopefully, Private Suite would then take me to my IAH flight. Is this possible? Do they take you to connecting flights?

Or, should I save the $375 and try to navigate LAX within the 2 hour timeframe from landing to my IAH departure? BTW, I do have GE.

Can't speak on whether Private Suite is worth it.
But, 2 hours to navigate LAX (immigration, TSA, Global entry-wise) is plenty. I've done it on average of 15-20 minutes from when I step off the aircraft and need to connect to SFO, IAD, or EWR.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by laxmillenial
Can't speak on whether Private Suite is worth it.
But, 2 hours to navigate LAX (immigration, TSA, Global entry-wise) is plenty. I've done it on average of 15-20 minutes from when I step off the aircraft and need to connect to SFO, IAD, or EWR.
Since I rarely transit through LAX, thanks for the heads up.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 5:48 pm

We’re on the plane from lax to ewr, so I thought I’d share our Private Suite experience.

In a word, fantastic. We took advantage of the $375 deal via United. A completely calm and relaxing couple of hours, and well worth the money. As I noted earlier, my wife has an ESA. We spent most of our time at the facility outside, in their large child/dog play area, just the two of us, enjoying San Pelligrino and chicken salad in the sun, while our dog had a ball playing with the toys in the doggie toy box. My wife even made a few putts on their mini-putting green. As previous posters have mentioned, the indoor space of the shared United lounge isn’t that exciting, but the outdoor area was so fantastic that it didn’t matter at all. The ride to the plane across the tarmac was of course a treat, but the real benefit of Private Suite was the calm, the not worrying about time, and most importantly the great outside space for the dog and for us. Even the LH FCT didn’t provide this, and with 62 degree, sunny weather at LAX, it was a memorable time. I doubt we’ll see this deal again, but it was completely worth it IMO, and we’d do it in a heartbeat.
BeanTownBoy likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA-P, and Chase-ing the sapphire dragon
So what was the food situation? Is there not a menu for food orders as their website shows?
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by PacificStandTime
So what was the food situation? Is there not a menu for food orders as their website shows?
There is a menu, but much more limited for the UA lounge than for the “normal” experience. I’ll post tomorrow what they sent me. That said, when I told them I had dietary issues that precluded me from any of the choices, they were happy to provide alternatives.

Edited to add: See menu below. As I said, clearly more limited than the main menu, but really, given the lounge situation, you're not showing up early to camp out for the food. They prepared for me a chicken salad sans chorizo, which we enjoyed on the picnic table outside. Divine!

United Private Suite Menu
PacificStandTime likes this.

Last edited by as219; Feb 14, 2019 at 7:44 am Reason: Added image of menu
Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:09 pm

Programs: Fomerly UA 1K, now Gold... next year, who knows?
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by as219
Hey Phil!

Long time no see...

Quick question: Is it really the case that the food situation in the UA room isn't that great? Need to know if we should bring snacks...

My wife has an ESA (no comments please), and for us, the easy-access airside animal relief area makes this very much worth the cost...
AS219! Sorry for delay reply, I didn't see your post above, but I see below you tried the UA Suite, and liked it. We were in the Private Suite this morning... this is a repeat for us, especially when our family of 4 is traveling.
The food offerings are not the "Four Seasons", but I'd say a step above the UC. We were running late today, but in the past, I've ordered the smoked salmon plate. The self serve bar & snacks are nice, and the amenities in the lav... well you know.

We leave our car there, and get the Suite service on the return also. They grab your luggage as it's offloaded from the aircraft, and bring it back to the Suite, and load your car.

Having used the service a few times now, I'm hooked. Wish they had similar at EWR.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:46 am

AS219! Sorry for delay reply, I didn't see your post above, but I see below you tried the UA Suite, and liked it. We were in the Private Suite this morning... this is a repeat for us, especially when our family of 4 is traveling.
The food offerings are not the "Four Seasons", but I'd say a step above the UC. We were running late today, but in the past, I've ordered the smoked salmon plate. The self serve bar & snacks are nice, and the amenities in the lav... well you know.

We leave our car there, and get the Suite service on the return also. They grab your luggage as it's offloaded from the aircraft, and bring it back to the Suite, and load your car.

Having used the service a few times now, I'm hooked. Wish they had similar at EWR.
No worries!

It seems to be the PS is perfect precisely when you're running late, as you know you can get in and out easily.

I wonder how long the $375 deal will last...
Phil Level likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:46 am

Programs: UA Platinum | Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld
we'll just head to the Polaris Lounge... oh wait... I don't qualify for that either...
LMAO, join the club buddy! At least sometimes in my case...

But there's a high celebrity presence in LAX wanting to at least TRY a normal airport/flying experience (by their standards), so go figure why this now exists ^
PacificStandTime likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 10:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Today's offer:

"Enjoy this one-of-a-kind offer for a one-of-a-kind experience.

You're invited to reserve this one-of-a-kind experience at a special rate. Through our partnership with The Private Suite, you can enjoy an exclusive, separate terminal at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) starting at $750 one way or $1,350 roundtrip."

This is for an upcoming one way trip terminating in LAX: PDX-SFO-LAX. Total cost of the itinerary is $107.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 11:12 pm

Location: NRT/HND, IWK, SAT, BWI, NAP, OKA, AUS, DEN, COS and PUB
Programs: UA 1K.. 1MM
I also received the $750/$1350 offer today in connection with a DEN-LAX RT I have coming up. Alas, $750 for just me is a bit too much.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by superEGO
I also received the $750/$1350 offer today in connection with a DEN-LAX RT I have coming up. Alas, $750 for just me is a bit too much.
i get the offer at least once a week. It’s annoying.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.