Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Is it possible to search for award flights for mutliple destinations in one search?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is it possible to search for award flights for mutliple destinations in one search?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2017, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Easy way to search beach destination award avails for specific dates?

I'm looking to use miles for my girlfriend and I to go to a beach destination the last week of December. Yes, very limited availability for saver awards, no doubt, but what's the easiest way to see what destinations might have a 4-6 night trip between Dec 21 and 30, ideally in business saver, possibly economy saver?

This is starting in BOS

Last edited by dpakman91; Aug 17, 2017 at 7:40 pm
Old Aug 16, 2017, 5:07 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Alas, there is no generic, tell me where awards are available search -- you need to search each destination separately.

If you are starting at a non-hub location, the first flight might be a problem. Consider search Hub to destination. Then do a separate starting point to hub search. Unfortunately you can not long hand stitch segments but a short positioning flight might be an option to consider.

related threads
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...an-2015-a.html
Old Aug 16, 2017, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Why don't you mention where you're starting and people may be able to help you out?
Old Aug 17, 2017, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Why don't you mention where you're starting and people may be able to help you out?
apologies, this is starting in Boston! Will edit original post.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 10:34 am

Programs: UA 1k
I'll go anywhere....saver J that is

I've poked around here but not found a thread that addresses this goal:

I am flexible for vacation travel and would like to burn up some miles, but thriftily. On 1 Jan I'd like to see availability across destinations requiring a passport for saver awards in J/F in the next few days. (Totally fine with rolling the dice on lodging etc, there's always something)

Is there a thread, a tool or a service which does this? I'd be willing to pay a small service fee or subscription even. Thanks
Old Sep 4, 2017, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA Plat
I've often wondered this. For revenue flights you can search multiple destinations at once, select a radius, and Google even says "Save $$ by flying to AAA instead of BBB" but with award searches, you have to do point to point. Better know your geography!
Old Sep 4, 2017, 1:35 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
I too wish for something similar. Especially if you really don't care where you end up. Searching multiple destinations across dates is no fun at all.

United publishes this:
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...averaward.aspx

But I suspect it's for Saver Economy
frankmu likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 1:44 pm

Programs: Bear Backers
doubt they do it

Originally Posted by latimeriv

I am flexible for vacation travel and would like to burn up some miles, but thriftily. On 1 Jan I'd like to see availability across destinations requiring a passport for saver awards in J/F in the next few days. (Totally fine with rolling the dice on lodging etc, there's always something)

Is there a thread, a tool or a service which does this? I'd be willing to pay a small service fee or subscription even. Thanks
Probably so few they would not like you to know what a fruitless task this is
Old Sep 4, 2017, 3:02 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I'd be willing to pay a small service fee or subscription even. Thanks
This flyertalk thread lists some award booking services which can help you.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 4:08 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA 1K, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Bonvoy Titanium

International coach has gotten so bad (e.g. UA 777-300) that I suspect thousands of people would pick a location based on saver business availability. I doubt United wants to make this easy.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA *G. DL ̶G̶O̶L̶D̶ Member, Hilton/SPG Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
I too wish for something similar. Especially if you really don't care where you end up. Searching multiple destinations across dates is no fun at all.

United publishes this:
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...averaward.aspx

But I suspect it's for Saver Economy
This is still a nice tool. Thanks for the link!
Old Sep 4, 2017, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND

Where do you wanna go? Lufthansa always has saver F awards released to partners within 14 days from departure.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 9:03 pm

Where do you wanna go? Lufthansa always has saver F awards released to partners within 14 days from departure.

For purposes of this thread, I just want to go, and want to see a menu of destination options. That is good to know about LH, thanks. But I'd assume I have to hunt and peck to find them.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 3:50 pm

Award Searching from multiple cities

I'm trying to find a saver award ticket from SFO/SJC to any of BOM/DEL/BLR/CCU for 1 pax, in either J or Y on 21 or 22 Dec. Is there any easy way of typing this into the United search instead of typing in each combination one by one? It looks like when searching for revenue tickets it lets you select to search for alternative airports "within XXX miles" but not when doing mileage awards, is that right?

I have an Expertflyer pro account, but as this involves multiple carriers, it isn't proving helpful with this award routing.

Added restriction is that my husband has a not very useful passport so connections via Canada, or some of the NRT-HND transfers don't work as he'd have to remain in the international area of any airport. Western passports makes life so much easier...
Old May 10, 2018, 3:19 pm

Programs: United Miles
advice pls "any Euro city" -> "LAX" mileage saver search

Other than setting up a screen scraper (which I am not seriously considering.... yet)..... can anyone offer advice as how to search for Saver Economy award availability across multiple cities, with a known travel month (one way) ? Right now it takes about 2 minutes to load the calendar for a single search.

Tried calling in to ask only to be told "we use the same slow website you do".

I have just over 240,000 miles, for my family of four. Just got approved for my company space available cruise, but now I need to secure the airfare within 72 hours. I'm flexible on where I leave Europe from, and I'm happy to take a train to some other city for a few days of enjoyment.

Getting there for 30K miles, plenty of options. Returning after July 26 though, only found a single fare so far (LISBON), (offered because Im a chase cardholder) but its the same day the cruise returns to CPH, so no can do. Once I way the two one ways, I figure I can possibly add on the "excursionist perk" ..... but first need to get my return way settled.

I seem to recall a few years ago a way to search more efficiently using another carriers site, but memories fade so fast.

(Again, I'm not looking for someone to do the work for me --- but just inc ase someone has super powers, I'll be retuning from the cruise in CPH on July 26. I must depart by August 5th at latest, back to LAX, for at least California.)

thanks in advance!

Last edited by dcbarry; May 10, 2018 at 3:38 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.