Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rude Flight Attendant on UA890

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2018, 11:07 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
Originally Posted by correction

Except, perhaps, to identify her. They don’t always wear name tags.
Well you can just describe physical characteristics for identification purposes, without mentioning a race specifically. Race is irrelevant.
Old May 21, 2018, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA/DL/UA
If you didn't get beat up or yelled at, I think a complaint letter is asking too much for a UA flight.
Old May 21, 2018, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by correction

Except, perhaps, to identify her. They don’t always wear name tags.
Still zero value. United doesn't keep records of employees that can filtered using race.
Old May 21, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: UA MP 1K
You are wrong. UA takes such complaints seriously.
Old May 21, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: UA 1K
Mentioning the gender of the FA adds zero value.
Old May 21, 2018, 11:12 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mherdeg
Mentioning the gender of the FA adds zero value.
True since he has the names. If he didn't have the names, it would help with identification if he reported it without race. Something along the lines of "we were served by 2 FAs, one an older female and the other a younger male. The older FA ..."
Old May 21, 2018, 11:40 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Why not bring it up with the purser towards/at the end of the flight? I would venture that’s a lot more impactful than an email being forwarded through 7 different departments.
Old May 21, 2018, 11:48 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Why not bring it up with the purser towards/at the end of the flight? I would venture that’s a lot more impactful than an email being forwarded through 7 different departments.
Maybe if a passenger doesn't want to witness that behavior during the whole flight, it should be brought up to the purser when that behavior starts.
Old May 21, 2018, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
Maybe if a passenger doesn't want to witness that behavior during the whole flight, it should be brought up to the purser when that behavior starts.
Agreed in principal. However, FAs tend to support each other and usually side with the FA during a passenger vs FA debate.
Old May 21, 2018, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Austin787
Agreed in principal. However, FAs tend to support each other and usually side with the FA during a passenger vs FA debate.
Agree - and often these days a Reserve can be flying Purser/ISM if they are qualified, but were "juniored" into the position if no other FA wants to fly Purser/ISM. Many are not prepared to take on other senior FAs and create a long-term challenge. Same or any of us in the workplace -- you need to pick your battles.

This flight, 890, is staffed primarily with EWR-based flight attendants with the exception of the language positions, which come out of the SFO language speaker base. Crazy, yes - but right now the SFO-PVG UA891/890 sectors are flown out of the Newark NTA base, with a four day trip pairing that goes EWR-PVG-SFO-PVG-EWR. To that end, the two you saw had likely never worked together before, and are out of different bases.

When writing in, just mention which seat you were in, and which aisle the two were serving, and that the younger chap was the language speaker. The company can then go back and take a look at the work assignments to figure out who you are referring to.
Old May 21, 2018, 3:47 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Originally Posted by greenpau
When writing in, just mention which seat you were in, and which aisle the two were serving, and that the younger chap was the language speaker. The company can then go back and take a look at the work assignments to figure out who you are referring to.
Nobody seems to have read the OPs post. He has the FAs name.
Old May 21, 2018, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by euslaner
You are wrong. UA takes such complaints seriously.
+1 United does take complaints seriously. I’ve received very quick email responses.
Old May 21, 2018, 4:33 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Rude and disrespectful is bad from/ to any race and/ or gender. Report with flight no., cabin served and name only (plus other relevant details of behavior).
Old May 21, 2018, 4:41 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by porciuscato
Nobody seems to have read the OPs post. He has the FAs name.
... of the woman he mentions, but not of the other FA mentioned and others working the Y cabin, who would be needed to corroborate the story if anything meaningful was to happen. Also, it's not unheard of for employees to use different names if asked.
Old May 21, 2018, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by am1108
I'm not sure about others, but I'd write in since she didn't seem to be friendly to anyone (customers or even her coworker). FAs who act like its a pain to do anything and everything shouldn't need to be up in the air any longer. This is a service industry and while I do recognize that FAs are there for our safety, the customer service also needs to go hand in hand with it.
Yes, and if there’s no impending safety issue, then it’s fair to expect the FA concentrate on the service part of her job description.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.