Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Drink changes, No tomato juice&SpriteZero-social media pressure restores tomato juice

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Drink changes, No tomato juice&SpriteZero-social media pressure restores tomato juice

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2018, 12:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
No Sprite Zero? Zut alors!

So now it is Dasani Lime sparking water if I want a lemony no cal bubbly option? If I ask for that will they even get it right? Or will I just get a club soda?

Kirby!!!! <shakes fist>
Old May 8, 2018, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Tomato juice is the one and only soft drink (other than water) I have on board. Bloody Mary mix is horrible IMHO. This is extremely disappointing. I'm flying on Thursday and will make a complaint if they don't have the tomato juice.
22H likes this.
Old May 8, 2018, 7:32 am
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Tomato juice and water are also the only soft drinks I take on board.
Old May 8, 2018, 1:45 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Just completed the feedback form for my flight yesterday and asked them bring back tomato juice on flights, and to provide something savo(u)ry in addition to the muffins. I refused the muffins on both flights yesterday as they are too sweet. I also refused the waffle stoodle thingy yesterday and on Friday. On Friday I gave it to my seating companion.

Honestly, if United is going to increase slimline seats then they need to help us "slimline"..
Old May 8, 2018, 6:50 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Reductions are hitting more than Sprite Zero and tomato juice. Appears UA has altered alcohol selections and cut back on meal service as well.

United Airlines makes big adjustments in onboard food and beverage

https://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/...offerings.html
Old May 8, 2018, 7:27 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
Reductions are hitting more than Sprite Zero and tomato juice. Appears UA has altered alcohol selections and cut back on meal service as well.

United Airlines makes big adjustments in onboard food and beverage

https://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/...offerings.html
Being discussed here. Booze choices provided by United
Old May 8, 2018, 10:11 pm

Is there an airline in the US that does not serve and/or did serve but eliminated tomato juice from their complimentary offerings?
Old May 8, 2018, 10:29 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite (Lifetime Platinum), HHonors Gold
Booo! Don't really care about the Sprite, since I don't drink sodas, but I will really miss the tomato juice (especially on morning flights after a night of drinking). And to those who say the bloody mary mix is a good substitute... umm, no. Take a look at the ingredients list on a can of Campbell's Tomato Juice (Juice, salt, Vitamin C) vs. the Mr. & Mrs. T's Bloody Mary Mix (Water, Tomato Concentrate, Vinegar, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Salt, Onion Powder, Lemon Juice Concentrate, Spices, Celery Seed, Hydrolyzed Corn Protein, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Sugar, Caramel Color, Autolyzed Yeast, Malic Acid, Molasses, Citric Acid, Garlic Powder, Disodium Inosinate, Disodium Guanylate, Ground Clovers, Natural Flavors). The bloody mary mix is highly processed crap. It's like replacing OJ with Sunny D... but worse.
Old May 8, 2018, 10:32 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite (Lifetime Platinum), HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
Just completed the feedback form for my flight yesterday and asked them bring back tomato juice on flights, and to provide something savo(u)ry in addition to the muffins. I refused the muffins on both flights yesterday as they are too sweet.
Thank goodness I'm not the only one who feels this way... I hate the fact that practically everything they serve for breakfast, whether on the plane or in the UC, is sweet.
Old May 8, 2018, 11:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
The whole thing is just incredibly petty....is this really going to improve shareholder value or deliver on key metrics? If they are spending millions per year on one particular type of soda or tomato juice, they have bigger problems that need fixing.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old May 8, 2018, 11:49 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Tomato juice is my drink of choice before arrival on Int'l flights - especially when I don't want the meal. I usually don't care too much about petty cutbacks but this one just doesnt make sense.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old May 9, 2018, 2:36 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Now, this has gotten serious. Just boarded UA21 and PDB is limited to OJ, water and “champagne”

pursor said its a new change.

I know this happens randomly but surely they havent removed the liquor options as PDB on international flights?!?!?!
Old May 9, 2018, 3:26 am

Two of my 4 favorite drinks. I am not diabetic, but a diabetic friend that I traveled with has the options now limited.
Old May 9, 2018, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by Hammer0425
Is there an airline in the US that does not serve and/or did serve but eliminated tomato juice from their complimentary offerings?

The responsible individual should be terminated.
Old May 9, 2018, 6:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium
Has the termination of Tito's already started? Should I expect a different vodka on board today?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.