Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Not so friendly skies on united express

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2018, 4:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
" Gorman says she had to go to the cockpit to tell the pilot the flight attendant was out of control. "

How do you just "go" to the cockpit?
Old May 4, 2018, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by narvik
" Gorman says she had to go to the cockpit to tell the pilot the flight attendant was out of control. "

How do you just "go" to the cockpit?
Yes, that baffled me when I read the story earlier today!
Old May 4, 2018, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by Ysitincoach
Photographing or recording other customers or airline personnel without their express consent is prohibited.
However, that does not apply if someone is recording a safety related incident, as this clearly is.
Old May 4, 2018, 11:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
Originally Posted by Icecat
It doesn't say in the article, but the local law enforcement determined she was under the influence and the case has been turned over to the FBI.
Perhaps she located the missing Courvoisier & Devil's Cut..,.
Old May 5, 2018, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by Miggles
However, that does not apply if someone is recording a safety related incident, as this clearly is.
There's no provision listed in United's rules, or their contract of carriage. [Unduly personalized text edited by Moderator.]

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; May 5, 2018 at 10:32 am Reason: Per FT Rule 12 to discuss the topic, not the member in a personalized way.
Old May 5, 2018, 11:17 am

Programs: united, Hilton, Amtrak
I too wonder about contacting the pilot.

As a passenger I am careful to avoid even looking to interested in the cockpit because I don’t need the hassle of being the center of a security issue. I assume the FA has a way of contacting the pilot via the intercom or a certain knock pattern on the door. In an emergency as a passenger the only way I could see contacting the pilot is to bang on the door and yell for assistance. Obviously any security conscious pilot would not be inclined to respond to this.
Old May 5, 2018, 11:38 am

Programs: UA - 1MM, DL Diamond, AS MVP75, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
The flight originated in Denver. Hmmm.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.