Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New (beta.)united.com layout -now standard site ("Classic View" returns) [2018]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 14, 2018, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SFO777
Originally Posted by mr8
How to get the old layout back
  1. Delete the cookie named: newHP
  2. Go directly to https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/
  3. Enjoy it while it lasts
United Airlines' Redesigned Homepage Takes Off

Airline unveils new homepage with improved functionality and more personalized experience

CHICAGO, July 12, 2018

Today, United Airlines (UAL) announced the redesigned united.com homepage, featuring a more personalized digital experience for each customer and an updated, more modern, user-friendly design. The new homepage was created to better tailor the experience for customers, while also improving functionality and ease of use.

Some of the key highlights of the new homepage include:
  • A more contemporary, user-friendly design
  • Content personalized based on customer's MileagePlus status as well as upcoming, current and previous trips
  • A new display that is fully responsive for optimal viewing on desktop and mobile devices
  • A travel inspiration integration section that allows customers to explore curated content from different destinations United serves will be available later this year

"Each one of our customers is unique and has different needs for his or her travel, and our goal with this new homepage is to provide customers with a more seamless experience," said Praveen Sharma, vice president of digital products and analytics. "

Personalizing our digital offerings is just another step towards giving our customers the experience and the products that they ask for."United's homepage is the starting point where most of its customers begin their journey. These latest efforts reiterate the airline's dedication to improving the travel experience for its customers, beginning before they book a flight.

The airline first began rolling out the new homepage in April, and continued expanding to more and more users, while adding additional functionality throughout the phased roll out. The site will be live to all customers in early August.

Earlier this year, United updated its mobile website, adding a more optimized display, additional flexibility to adjust flights throughout the site, Japanese language and point of sale and more. The new design of United's homepage will also appear on the airline's mobile website, creating a more seamless experience when managing travel and bookings across a variety of different devices.

Today's announcement is just the latest in United's commitment to invest in all of its platforms to give customers the tools and information they desire to travel with ease.
Another workaround is a non-US site.
https://www.united.com/ual/en/ca/
Print Wikipost

New (beta.)united.com layout -now standard site ("Classic View" returns) [2018]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2018, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Man, this website is idiotic.

Now none of my flight activity is showing:

How do other beta testers feel?

David
Old Oct 18, 2018, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by DELee

It also isn't showing award redeposits.

Like most of this airline's technology-related "enhancements," the new "My Account" page is total garbage. I particularly enjoy how I see "General Member" for a while until whatever bloated, amateurish code they wrote changes it to "Premier 1K Member."
Old Oct 18, 2018, 10:26 am

Programs: United GS, Marriott Ambassador

David
Yep, all flight activities are now gone - and that's what I need to see most!

Why make all these stupid cosmetic changes and break everything else?
Old Oct 18, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: UA 1k, AS 75k, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
If you go look at their corporate jobs page, there are a lot of openings for senior IT people, so that might go some way towards explaining this semi-functional train wreck of a page redesign...
Old Oct 18, 2018, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA Plat

David
Same issue here and also have had issues since 2016 seeing MP statements. Didn't used to care because I could just export the detail. Was working yesterday so at least I am ~sort of current
Old Oct 21, 2018, 12:04 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by tromer
Just awful.

And why do we need the word "trip" to appear eight times in a table that is headed "My Trips"?
A bit irritating that the default trip name doesn't include the departure airport. Isn't it kind of important to know which airport to show up at for the trip?
Old Oct 22, 2018, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Artpen100
This is still happening. Am I the only one seeing this? When I search for international upgrades with miles and copay, I get two columns - the economy fare, and the economy fare plus co-pay and miles, with the little yellow, red and green balloons (well, darn few green balloons) - but the third column that would show the plain business class fare has dropped off.
Originally Posted by fumje
That's how it looks for me as well (in any search, not just international). I only noticed it yesterday, not sure when it happened.
Shows three columns again for me, now.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by econ
A bit irritating that the default trip name doesn't include the departure airport. Isn't it kind of important to know which airport to show up at for the trip?
And doesn't always have the destination correct either....
Old Oct 22, 2018, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by goodeats21
And doesn't always have the destination correct either....
This is the most annoying part for me, for a while it was showing all my flights to Chicago as Columbus, OH which freaked me out the first time I saw it
Old Oct 29, 2018, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The reservation page is serving up the classic view for me now.

Yay ^
Old Nov 15, 2018, 9:39 am

Classic View is gone! (At least for me) And without fixing the many bugs and annoyances that made me use it in the first place

My guess? Complaints dropped because people were using classic view, and they mistook that for things being fixed. I guess it's back to leaving negative website feedback every time it takes me multiple extra clicks to do something simple...
Old Nov 15, 2018, 9:49 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by zymm
Classic View is gone! (At least for me) And without fixing the many bugs and annoyances that made me use it in the first place

My guess? Complaints dropped because people were using classic view, and they mistook that for things being fixed. I guess it's back to leaving negative website feedback every time it takes me multiple extra clicks to do something simple...
"Classic View" link is missing for me as well
Old Nov 17, 2018, 7:45 am

Programs: UA 1K
No access to the better Classic view.

I just submitted feedback to bring it back since the new view is terrible.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 5:33 am

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
Classic View, how I loved you, and now you're gone....a last vestige of PMCO. I hate the new website look and feel. Up to a couple of days ago, no problem...I just switched to Classic. Now it's gone for good, I assume. And what's worse, for some reason, the new site takes it time until it presents the "Sign In" option at the top of the page.
iluv2fly, Xyzzy and suzanneaustin like this.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 8:20 am
RNE

Originally Posted by hughw
...takes it time until it presents the "Sign In" option at the top of the page.
If ever. I've been waiting for 10+ minutes now. (I know how to get around the problem, but I'm curious how long this fail will keep going.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.