Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New (beta.)united.com layout -now standard site ("Classic View" returns) [2018]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 14, 2018, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SFO777
Originally Posted by mr8
How to get the old layout back
  1. Delete the cookie named: newHP
  2. Go directly to https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/
  3. Enjoy it while it lasts
United Airlines' Redesigned Homepage Takes Off

Airline unveils new homepage with improved functionality and more personalized experience

CHICAGO, July 12, 2018

Today, United Airlines (UAL) announced the redesigned united.com homepage, featuring a more personalized digital experience for each customer and an updated, more modern, user-friendly design. The new homepage was created to better tailor the experience for customers, while also improving functionality and ease of use.

Some of the key highlights of the new homepage include:
  • A more contemporary, user-friendly design
  • Content personalized based on customer's MileagePlus status as well as upcoming, current and previous trips
  • A new display that is fully responsive for optimal viewing on desktop and mobile devices
  • A travel inspiration integration section that allows customers to explore curated content from different destinations United serves will be available later this year

"Each one of our customers is unique and has different needs for his or her travel, and our goal with this new homepage is to provide customers with a more seamless experience," said Praveen Sharma, vice president of digital products and analytics. "

Personalizing our digital offerings is just another step towards giving our customers the experience and the products that they ask for."United's homepage is the starting point where most of its customers begin their journey. These latest efforts reiterate the airline's dedication to improving the travel experience for its customers, beginning before they book a flight.

The airline first began rolling out the new homepage in April, and continued expanding to more and more users, while adding additional functionality throughout the phased roll out. The site will be live to all customers in early August.

Earlier this year, United updated its mobile website, adding a more optimized display, additional flexibility to adjust flights throughout the site, Japanese language and point of sale and more. The new design of United's homepage will also appear on the airline's mobile website, creating a more seamless experience when managing travel and bookings across a variety of different devices.

Today's announcement is just the latest in United's commitment to invest in all of its platforms to give customers the tools and information they desire to travel with ease.
Another workaround is a non-US site.
https://www.united.com/ual/en/ca/
Print Wikipost

New (beta.)united.com layout -now standard site ("Classic View" returns) [2018]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2018, 3:55 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Windows 10 EDGE browser does not work. Page constantly reloads, then times out. It's basically unusable. I've been forced to use the mobile app on my iPhone
Old Aug 4, 2018, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sweetsue
now it says check with milage plus to login...
Clear your United.com cookies whenever this happens.

There's a limit on the aggregate size of cookies included in a request -- but it's not well-defined and can be affected by the client (browser), the server, and any network hardware in between. I'm guessing that they're exceeding the limit -- perhaps there's a different set of cookies between the old and new sites. At that point, the behavior is essentially undefined.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 6:47 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
I wish they'd updated the mobile version to include searches for upgradeable flights or expert mode. Had to go to the desktop site on my phone to get that info.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 7:15 am

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
Anyone having this problem?

Sorry if this is covered up-thread, but I didn't see it. I cannot find PQD by segment (or even total) for any reservation made after July 15. Is this a known issue or is this something I am just missing? It is not on the reservation page or my receipt. HELP!!!

Edit: If it helps/matters, the reservation was made through ua.com, but signed in as a corporate account and shows "synced with Concur". The booking classes are all H and K, so not a bulk ticket

Last edited by bluedemon211; Aug 5, 2018 at 7:35 am
Old Aug 5, 2018, 4:32 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by RNE
I realize that lacking the ability to rename a reservation is not a big reason for UA's IT programmers to put down there bags of Fritos and set their greasy fingers to work. Heck, most users won't miss it because they don't know it ever existed. Still, it's my pet peeve because I customize all my reservation names to cram in metadata that is useful to me at-a-glance. Now, not only can I not rename new reservations, I can't change existing ones either. There's one in particular. Sitting there. Egregiously outdated. Vexing me. To the. Point. Of. Insanity.
I found a roundabout way to change it! Here's how: I happened to click on the Accelerator link...
Where to next? Already thinking about your next trip? Grow your award miles balance by purchasing Award Accelerator® from $600 per person

...and instead of that feature coming up, the reservation itself appeared. It was in the pre-beta format, no less, with the "Rename Reservation" link. So, now my reservation is renamed and my psychiatrist released me from my padded cell.
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by exerda
I wish they'd updated the mobile version to include searches for upgradeable flights or expert mode. Had to go to the desktop site on my phone to get that info.
Agree. Having Expert Mode on the mobile version, or even better on the mobile app, would be very useful. Although, given what they've recently done with the new website display, I'd be content if they just left it alone, since I fear that they would include other "enhancements" that would mess up what otherwise is a pretty good app.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 5:31 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by exerda
The mobile site on my phone has expert mode enabled. Beats loading the full site.

The holy grail would be if the app had that as well, plus the ability to apply upgrades...
Attached Images  
Old Aug 5, 2018, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have up to numerous times per day the security questions popping up. Even though using the same computer from the same location.
Any remedy?
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 6:12 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cesco.g
I have up to numerous times per day the security questions popping up. Even though using the same computer from the same location.
Any remedy?
Still occurring? Was occurring to me regularly until 2-3 days ago and it has now stopped.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 8:35 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
In addition to offers that don't even apply to me (E+, Premier Access..), UA is offering the amazing deal of buying miles at $0.64 a piece
Attached Images  
Old Aug 5, 2018, 10:51 pm

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
Chrome Error not recognizing login & latest browser version

Whe I open Chrome -- updated to the most recent version, I get the message:
"To enjoy the best possible experience on our website, you should update your browser to the latest version of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari. Our site no longer supports the browser version you’re currently using."
Which typically means that UA's crack development team has not tested the most recent version of the browser.
My Chrome is:
Your Chrome version is 68.0.3440.84
Operating System: Windows (10) Browser Engine: WebKit (537.36)
Oops.
Here's the weird behavior -- you cannot log in!
You get:
Please contact the MileagePlus Service Center for assistance with your account.
I did, we reset the password (even though the account is not locked in any way). And still didn't work. Got to the United.com help desk, the friendly agent remembered seeing a technical bulletin that the site was misbehaving in Chrome. I tried IE, Firefox and Bing, and voila! ... it worked.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 5, 2018 at 11:23 pm Reason: merged into exisiting thread
Old Aug 5, 2018, 11:22 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by vsevolod4
.. Chrome Error not recognizing login & latest browser version ...
Got to the United.com help desk, the friendly agent remembered seeing a technical bulletin that the site was misbehaving in Chrome.
Chrome and the new united.com are not playing well together -- numerous reports upthread
Old Aug 6, 2018, 8:06 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
I am not certain if this is due to the new website, or another issue with United, but I have never had a problem with an unused GPU/RPU redepositing immediately after the flight and before the miles posted. However, my miles have posted for a flight on Saturday (it is now Monday) and the RPU has not appeared. I will call the 1K desk and get it sorted but I am finding I am needing to call more and more often after schedule changes and this will be a first where I need to call for the RPU not coming back into the account. They are IT glitches of some sort.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
OMG, they've destroyed the MP activity page. It was so nice and concise with a great little chart. Now it's all single lines in HUGE type and you'd need to scroll endlessly. Awful. How do we collectively protest this madness!
Xyzzy likes this.

Last edited by milepig; Aug 6, 2018 at 9:19 pm
Old Aug 6, 2018, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vsevolod4
I did, we reset the password (even though the account is not locked in any way). And still didn't work. Got to the United.com help desk, the friendly agent remembered seeing a technical bulletin that the site was misbehaving in Chrome. I tried IE, Firefox and Bing, and voila! ... it worked.
When this happens, delete your united.com cookies.

Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
I am not certain if this is due to the new website, or another issue with United, but I have never had a problem with an unused GPU/RPU redepositing immediately after the flight and before the miles posted.
That's not the website. The front-end systems and back-end systems are completely separate. It's a coincidence that you happen to be having problems with this now -- people have reported this problem intermittently for years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.