Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New (beta.)united.com layout -now standard site ("Classic View" returns) [2018]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 14, 2018, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SFO777
Originally Posted by mr8
How to get the old layout back
  1. Delete the cookie named: newHP
  2. Go directly to https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/
  3. Enjoy it while it lasts
United Airlines' Redesigned Homepage Takes Off

Airline unveils new homepage with improved functionality and more personalized experience

CHICAGO, July 12, 2018

Today, United Airlines (UAL) announced the redesigned united.com homepage, featuring a more personalized digital experience for each customer and an updated, more modern, user-friendly design. The new homepage was created to better tailor the experience for customers, while also improving functionality and ease of use.

Some of the key highlights of the new homepage include:
  • A more contemporary, user-friendly design
  • Content personalized based on customer's MileagePlus status as well as upcoming, current and previous trips
  • A new display that is fully responsive for optimal viewing on desktop and mobile devices
  • A travel inspiration integration section that allows customers to explore curated content from different destinations United serves will be available later this year

"Each one of our customers is unique and has different needs for his or her travel, and our goal with this new homepage is to provide customers with a more seamless experience," said Praveen Sharma, vice president of digital products and analytics. "

Personalizing our digital offerings is just another step towards giving our customers the experience and the products that they ask for."United's homepage is the starting point where most of its customers begin their journey. These latest efforts reiterate the airline's dedication to improving the travel experience for its customers, beginning before they book a flight.

The airline first began rolling out the new homepage in April, and continued expanding to more and more users, while adding additional functionality throughout the phased roll out. The site will be live to all customers in early August.

Earlier this year, United updated its mobile website, adding a more optimized display, additional flexibility to adjust flights throughout the site, Japanese language and point of sale and more. The new design of United's homepage will also appear on the airline's mobile website, creating a more seamless experience when managing travel and bookings across a variety of different devices.

Today's announcement is just the latest in United's commitment to invest in all of its platforms to give customers the tools and information they desire to travel with ease.
Another workaround is a non-US site.
https://www.united.com/ual/en/ca/
Print Wikipost

New (beta.)united.com layout -now standard site ("Classic View" returns) [2018]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2018, 2:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, DL GM, AS MVP75K
Voided Tickets/No Active Flight Segments

Originally Posted by SFO777
Another workaround is a non-US site.
https://www.united.com/ual/en/ca/
Canada doesn't produce the old display for me.

I've been getting this banner over most reservations on my account:

Your itinerary cannot be retrieved, since it does not contain any active flight segments. If you require assistance, please contact United Reservations

Ticket status: This reservation has been canceled and refunded/voided as applicable.

Yet they are all intact according to reservations. This also means no ability to checkin on the web.

Also - no box to click on for codeshare/OA space in the same record to find out the other record locaters.

HORRIBLE redesign - hard to imagine anyone got $1 for this massive, continuing screwup.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 4:03 am

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by COSPILOT
I don't at all understand what is going on. On personal PC, I'm still getting the old page, but it links to the "space invaders" page when I select a current reservation. On the work PC, I get the new website, but it pulls up the old reservation page (which I like).
It's even weirder for me. On a browser post-cookie toss, I get the old front page (but new reservations). On the same browser with a private window, it's all new.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 7:24 am

Programs: UA: Plat, Marriott: Annual Ambassador, Lifetime Grandfather
It appears to me that they've removed the ability to "Download the Calendar", which used to produce an .ics-type of file. I could then load that up into my calendar, and edit the information to be how I like to read it. The new website provides the ability to "email the calendar", which prompts you for an email address to send it to. Unfortunately, once it's imported that way, it doesn't seem to be editable.

I also had a UA MP Service Center person confirm to me yesterday morning that they have known about "issues" with Chrome for the past week-plus. She suggested I use a different browser. :facepalm:

-mvitale
Old Jul 31, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: UA LT Gold, American Kettle, Hertz #1 Presidents Circle, Marriott LT Platinum
Chrome Sign-In Issue

Anyone else having an issue with Chrome Sign-In? I was talking to the MP Service desk last Friday and they stated that its a known issue, but its still broken today.

When ever I attempt to signon via Chrome I get a ballon notification that states "Please contact the Mileage Plus Service Center For Assistance with your account."
Old Jul 31, 2018, 8:46 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by drowelf
Anyone else having an issue with Chrome Sign-In? I was talking to the MP Service desk last Friday and they stated that its a known issue, but its still broken today.

When ever I attempt to signon via Chrome I get a ballon notification that states "Please contact the Mileage Plus Service Center For Assistance with your account."
Delete your cookies for United.com and it should work ...
Old Jul 31, 2018, 8:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by drowelf
Anyone else having an issue with Chrome Sign-In?
seriously?
Old Jul 31, 2018, 8:57 am
RNE

Originally Posted by dmurphynj

Originally Posted by Kacee
seriously?
Not necessary. Instead, go to this page https://www.united.com/en/us/
Old Jul 31, 2018, 9:01 am

Programs: UA LT Gold, American Kettle, Hertz #1 Presidents Circle, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by Kacee
seriously?
Seriously what?
Originally Posted by dmurphynj
Ok that worked, but why didn't the MP Service Agent know that on Friday? <-- I know, stupid Q!
Old Jul 31, 2018, 8:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by fumje
Chrome 'Canary' blocks the possibly-insecure Symantec certificate. The change rolled out first in April? Plus or minus.

edit: found a google blog post:
https://security.googleblog.com/2017...-symantec.html
seems to be chrome 70.
Originally Posted by mozilla
Started already in Chrome 66 but only for specific certs issued before Jun 1, 2016, and UA hasn't been using those on the new site as the latest of those certs expired in 2017 (which would've thrown errors to everyone, not just OP).

The current cert will be blocked in future versions of Chrome, of which I believe one is currently in a pre-release channel, but shouldn't be blocked in any current stable release of Chrome.
Yep exactly the issue. I forgot that I was using Canary (pre-release channel)
It will eventually affect all Chrome users if UA does not update their certs. I've run into this issue on several other sites as well.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 10:42 pm
mr8
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
Originally Posted by RNE
Not necessary. Instead, go to this page https://www.united.com/en/us/
that link will force the new layout.

this link will give you the old layout if you delete your cookies:
https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/
Old Jul 31, 2018, 11:42 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by mr8
that link will force the new layout.

this link will give you the old layout if you delete your cookies:
https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/
Thanks for the link.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 2:24 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
So not sure if this a new website issue but I cannot view the reservation for my son using my miles. There is an upcoming flight for him where I used miles where I can see the reservation that was booked using the previous version of the website. I just booked another trip for him using miles and although it appears in his account (as does the other mileage flight) it does not appear in my account.

I personally had always through that it was a good security feature that I could view all flights booked using my miles.

If losing the ability to view reservations where I am not a passenger is an "enhancement" I am not a fan.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 7:47 am

Programs: UA: Plat, Marriott: Annual Ambassador, Lifetime Grandfather
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
So not sure if this a new website issue but I cannot view the reservation for my son using my miles. There is an upcoming flight for him where I used miles where I can see the reservation that was booked using the previous version of the website. I just booked another trip for him using miles and although it appears in his account (as does the other mileage flight) it does not appear in my account.

I personally had always through that it was a good security feature that I could view all flights booked using my miles.

If losing the ability to view reservations where I am not a passenger is an "enhancement" I am not a fan.
If you know the PNR for your son's flight (and, of course, his last name), you can add it to your reservations. On the new website, login, click on the "My Trips" tab, and at the bottom of that section is a "Find Another Trip" link. You'll be prompted for the Confirmation Number and Last Name, and then be given the option to add it to your trips.

-mvitale
Aussienarelle likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by mvitale
If you know the PNR for your son's flight (and, of course, his last name), you can add it to your reservations. On the new website, login, click on the "My Trips" tab, and at the bottom of that section is a "Find Another Trip" link. You'll be prompted for the Confirmation Number and Last Name, and then be given the option to add it to your trips.

-mvitale
Thank you, I will do that.

Although I still have concerns that I do not see all reservations booked using my miles.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 8:58 am
RNE

Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Thanks for the link.
You're welcome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.