Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New (beta.)united.com layout -now standard site ("Classic View" returns) [2018]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 14, 2018, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SFO777
Originally Posted by mr8
How to get the old layout back
  1. Delete the cookie named: newHP
  2. Go directly to https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/
  3. Enjoy it while it lasts
United Airlines' Redesigned Homepage Takes Off

Airline unveils new homepage with improved functionality and more personalized experience

CHICAGO, July 12, 2018

Today, United Airlines (UAL) announced the redesigned united.com homepage, featuring a more personalized digital experience for each customer and an updated, more modern, user-friendly design. The new homepage was created to better tailor the experience for customers, while also improving functionality and ease of use.

Some of the key highlights of the new homepage include:
  • A more contemporary, user-friendly design
  • Content personalized based on customer's MileagePlus status as well as upcoming, current and previous trips
  • A new display that is fully responsive for optimal viewing on desktop and mobile devices
  • A travel inspiration integration section that allows customers to explore curated content from different destinations United serves will be available later this year

"Each one of our customers is unique and has different needs for his or her travel, and our goal with this new homepage is to provide customers with a more seamless experience," said Praveen Sharma, vice president of digital products and analytics. "

Personalizing our digital offerings is just another step towards giving our customers the experience and the products that they ask for."United's homepage is the starting point where most of its customers begin their journey. These latest efforts reiterate the airline's dedication to improving the travel experience for its customers, beginning before they book a flight.

The airline first began rolling out the new homepage in April, and continued expanding to more and more users, while adding additional functionality throughout the phased roll out. The site will be live to all customers in early August.

Earlier this year, United updated its mobile website, adding a more optimized display, additional flexibility to adjust flights throughout the site, Japanese language and point of sale and more. The new design of United's homepage will also appear on the airline's mobile website, creating a more seamless experience when managing travel and bookings across a variety of different devices.

Today's announcement is just the latest in United's commitment to invest in all of its platforms to give customers the tools and information they desire to travel with ease.
Another workaround is a non-US site.
https://www.united.com/ual/en/ca/
Print Wikipost

New (beta.)united.com layout -now standard site ("Classic View" returns) [2018]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: Southwest ALP, United 2MM Lifetime Platinum, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Thanks for confirming it wasn't just me! Site won't accept my password on Chrome.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 9:47 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
This having to scroll down on websites to see anything useful is the cool new trend generally. You see it everywhere. I wonder why web designers think it is a good idea (though I think the answer has nothing to do with good design and everything to do with because that is the way everyone else is doing it).
Old Jul 25, 2018, 9:51 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Is anyone else getting "Please contact Mileage plus service center for assistance with your account"? I can still log in via the iPhone App...
Old Jul 25, 2018, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by escapefromphl
Is anyone else getting "Please contact Mileage plus service center for assistance with your account"? I can still log in via the iPhone App...
Yes, in one browser. Clearing cookies fixed it.
escapefromphl likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 11:11 am
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Artpen100
This having to scroll down on websites to see anything useful is the cool new trend generally. You see it everywhere. I wonder why web designers think it is a good idea (though I think the answer has nothing to do with good design and everything to do with because that is the way everyone else is doing it).
It's also because web designers never have to use their own bl**dy sites to do anything real. The new site switched in for me today, and the first thing I found was how many extra mouse movements and clicks you need to go back through your activity, which only shows you 3 months'-worth by default. Come on, UA. Give us at least from the beginning of the calendar year without having to beg for it!

The pages and fonts also display at huge sizes, but fortunately Ctrl-minus sign can fix that.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 12:07 pm

Same issue with trying to access my account via Chrome. Clearing cookies fixed things.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 9:41 am

Anyone else having the login issue pop up repeatedly? Basically, every time I log out (or am timed out) I'm unable to get back in without clearing the cookies and re authenticating my browser using the security questions.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 9:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by gernabae
Anyone else having the login issue pop up repeatedly? Basically, every time I log out (or am timed out) I'm unable to get back in without clearing the cookies and re authenticating my browser using the security questions.
Pretty much everything is an issue right now, every time. On the website and the app.
gernabae and goodeats21 like this.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 10:42 am
RNE

New Advisory Page Appears Prior to Reservation Details

A new advisory page appeared when I clicked on a booked reservation...

Trip to Rome

Important information about your trip
Your upcoming trip requires travel documentation such as passports and/or visas. Use this tool to determine which documents you’ll need.

Learn more about international travel here.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: UA Gold
this new united website is terrible.. it is so slow and nothing is loading.. i have to refresh just get it to barely work.. sucks!
Old Jul 26, 2018, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by skgolf91
this new united website is terrible.. it is so slow and nothing is loading.. i have to refresh just get it to barely work.. sucks!
The performance today is abysmal. Catching up to the overall redesign and usefulness downgrade.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 12:12 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold, American Kettle, Hertz #1 Presidents Circle, Marriott LT Platinum
Another tablet influenced website downgrade. I'd love to know what UI Design Idiot thinks that increasing the amount of white space and reducing the amount of information on a screen is good? Looking at a reservation from the old site, on my 1920x1080 monitor would show 4 segments and most of the additional information in a single screen. Now it takes up more than 3 screens worth of data to see the same information. Lots of scrolling up/down to view it all. I hate to see what it looks like if I print it out.

On another issue, the DW and I are on the same PNR for an itinerary next months. The PQM totals for the flights are different for each of us. I get 5,576 and she gets 5,342 PQMs, a difference of 244, never seen that one before.

All I can say is Blech!
Old Jul 26, 2018, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by drowelf
On another issue, the DW and I are on the same PNR for an itinerary next months. The PQM totals for the flights are different for each of us. I get 5,576 and she gets 5,342 PQMs, a difference of 244, never seen that one before.
Does she have status? Only Premier members get the 500 PQM minimum per leg.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold, American Kettle, Hertz #1 Presidents Circle, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by jsloan
Does she have status? Only Premier members get the 500 PQM minimum per leg.
Totally forgot about that. This is the first year she has not had any status.

Thanks
jsloan likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Personal PC still on the old website, I guess I'm lucky. Work PC is new, and I still hate it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.