Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New (beta.)united.com layout -now standard site ("Classic View" returns) [2018]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 14, 2018, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SFO777
Originally Posted by mr8
How to get the old layout back
  1. Delete the cookie named: newHP
  2. Go directly to https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/
  3. Enjoy it while it lasts
United Airlines' Redesigned Homepage Takes Off

Airline unveils new homepage with improved functionality and more personalized experience

CHICAGO, July 12, 2018

Today, United Airlines (UAL) announced the redesigned united.com homepage, featuring a more personalized digital experience for each customer and an updated, more modern, user-friendly design. The new homepage was created to better tailor the experience for customers, while also improving functionality and ease of use.

Some of the key highlights of the new homepage include:
  • A more contemporary, user-friendly design
  • Content personalized based on customer's MileagePlus status as well as upcoming, current and previous trips
  • A new display that is fully responsive for optimal viewing on desktop and mobile devices
  • A travel inspiration integration section that allows customers to explore curated content from different destinations United serves will be available later this year

"Each one of our customers is unique and has different needs for his or her travel, and our goal with this new homepage is to provide customers with a more seamless experience," said Praveen Sharma, vice president of digital products and analytics. "

Personalizing our digital offerings is just another step towards giving our customers the experience and the products that they ask for."United's homepage is the starting point where most of its customers begin their journey. These latest efforts reiterate the airline's dedication to improving the travel experience for its customers, beginning before they book a flight.

The airline first began rolling out the new homepage in April, and continued expanding to more and more users, while adding additional functionality throughout the phased roll out. The site will be live to all customers in early August.

Earlier this year, United updated its mobile website, adding a more optimized display, additional flexibility to adjust flights throughout the site, Japanese language and point of sale and more. The new design of United's homepage will also appear on the airline's mobile website, creating a more seamless experience when managing travel and bookings across a variety of different devices.

Today's announcement is just the latest in United's commitment to invest in all of its platforms to give customers the tools and information they desire to travel with ease.
Another workaround is a non-US site.
https://www.united.com/ual/en/ca/
Print Wikipost

New (beta.)united.com layout -now standard site ("Classic View" returns) [2018]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2018, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Finally decided to go and load beta on a browser I don't often use. Yuck.

All hat, no cattle.

David
Old Jul 20, 2018, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DELee
Finally decided to go and load beta on a browser I don't often use. Yuck.

All hat, no cattle.

David
Not much hat at that. Looks like they just copied expedia or orbitz.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 6:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Ugh, it looks like I am stuck with it now also. My chrome browser popped up with it today.

One thing I really DO NOT like about it is that after you check in for a flight and finish the process, there is no easy way to get to the SDC screen. I found a work around, but it takes more steps than getting there from the front page.

In the old front page, your currently checked in flight would show up on the right side of the page with a couple of options including "flight options" which you would go thru to get to SDC options. On the new front page, when I select the "Check-in" tab on the left, all it does is show me that I am checked in & the only link is to the boarding pass. Seems like there are some buttons missing
Old Jul 20, 2018, 6:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by legalalien
Thanks. Found it after I posted the question. To me, an "Important Notices" link stuck at the very bottom is better suited for a link to various legal disclaimers than to the important day-of-travel information.
Agreed, major events that affect a days travels should be more prominent and near the top of the screen. There would be space for it in the middle of the top. They could easily have a link that stood out and would only be there when needed.

Last edited by FlyngSvyr; Jul 20, 2018 at 7:02 pm
Old Jul 22, 2018, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
now the app is also asking me security questions every time. Common UA, fix this nonsense.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 11:09 pm

Starting this evening, my reservation (um, "trip") detail pages are appearing in the unappealing format of the new site. Unsurprisingly, it is error-prone and shows things like 10000 day-long flight durations and CPU's requested for flights months from now.

Anyone else?
Old Jul 23, 2018, 11:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by tromer
Starting this evening, my reservation (um, "trip") detail pages are appearing in the unappealing format of the new site. Unsurprisingly, it is error-prone and shows things like 10000 day-long flight durations and CPU's requested for flights months from now.

Anyone else?
Yes!! Hate it so much. Information that used to be visible on one screen is now on five. Also, they've removed a link to email out a receipt, which is especially annoying since at least half the time the system fails to send me a receipt after ticketing. (And of course sometimes it doesn't automatically ticket....sure would be nice to rely on "I didn't get an email" to trigger the need to call in.)
Old Jul 24, 2018, 4:52 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Global Entry, CLEAR
All my browsers suddenly switched over last night. Horrible. One ticket in the front page summary was showing as EWR - ATL, which is great except the ticket is actually EWR - PHX. When I click on the reservation everything is fine so not sure where the ATL route is coming from.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by symphonicman
Yes!! Hate it so much. Information that used to be visible on one screen is now on five. Also, they've removed a link to email out a receipt, which is especially annoying since at least half the time the system fails to send me a receipt after ticketing. (And of course sometimes it doesn't automatically ticket....sure would be nice to rely on "I didn't get an email" to trigger the need to call in.)
It took me some time to find it, but the receipt link is there, in a completely different location -- far right, immediately under the itinerary, "View ticket receipt." I had to use browser search function as I overlooked it multiple times.

The new website is difficult to use and obfuscates critical information. Who is the target audience for this garbage?

Last edited by tromer; Jul 24, 2018 at 6:48 am Reason: corrected quote
Old Jul 24, 2018, 6:51 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by tromer
It took me some time to find it, but the receipt link is there, in a completely different location -- far right, immediately under the itinerary, "View ticket receipt." I had to use browser search function as I overlooked it multiple times.

The new website is difficult to use and obfuscates critical information. Who is the target audience for this garbage?
Yep, found that link, too—that'll show you the receipt, but you can't email it. As for the target audience: I presume it's all about the up- and cross-sell conversions.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by symphonicman
Yep, found that link, too—that'll show you the receipt, but you can't email it. As for the target audience: I presume it's all about the up- and cross-sell conversions.
Ah, excellent point. I often use the email receipt to force updating when there has been an itinerary (now, "trip" I guess) change. Great job, United.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 7:23 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
I hate it. I keep putting the destination airport in the Date field.

Security questions / remember this device are coming up frequently.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by MikieLikesMiles
All my browsers suddenly switched over last night. Horrible. One ticket in the front page summary was showing as EWR - ATL, which is great except the ticket is actually EWR - PHX. When I click on the reservation everything is fine so not sure where the ATL route is coming from.
I have an SFO-PHX that displays as SFO-ATL. Pathetic.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 7:27 am

Programs: Continental OnePass
The new layout is terrible. The MileagePlus Earning Information on the Itinerary page now doesn't show the leg by leg breakdown.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 7:54 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Switched to the new layout for me over night and YEEEECH

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.