Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New (beta.)united.com layout -now standard site ("Classic View" returns) [2018]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 14, 2018, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SFO777
Originally Posted by mr8
How to get the old layout back
  1. Delete the cookie named: newHP
  2. Go directly to https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/
  3. Enjoy it while it lasts
United Airlines' Redesigned Homepage Takes Off

Airline unveils new homepage with improved functionality and more personalized experience

CHICAGO, July 12, 2018

Today, United Airlines (UAL) announced the redesigned united.com homepage, featuring a more personalized digital experience for each customer and an updated, more modern, user-friendly design. The new homepage was created to better tailor the experience for customers, while also improving functionality and ease of use.

Some of the key highlights of the new homepage include:
  • A more contemporary, user-friendly design
  • Content personalized based on customer's MileagePlus status as well as upcoming, current and previous trips
  • A new display that is fully responsive for optimal viewing on desktop and mobile devices
  • A travel inspiration integration section that allows customers to explore curated content from different destinations United serves will be available later this year

"Each one of our customers is unique and has different needs for his or her travel, and our goal with this new homepage is to provide customers with a more seamless experience," said Praveen Sharma, vice president of digital products and analytics. "

Personalizing our digital offerings is just another step towards giving our customers the experience and the products that they ask for."United's homepage is the starting point where most of its customers begin their journey. These latest efforts reiterate the airline's dedication to improving the travel experience for its customers, beginning before they book a flight.

The airline first began rolling out the new homepage in April, and continued expanding to more and more users, while adding additional functionality throughout the phased roll out. The site will be live to all customers in early August.

Earlier this year, United updated its mobile website, adding a more optimized display, additional flexibility to adjust flights throughout the site, Japanese language and point of sale and more. The new design of United's homepage will also appear on the airline's mobile website, creating a more seamless experience when managing travel and bookings across a variety of different devices.

Today's announcement is just the latest in United's commitment to invest in all of its platforms to give customers the tools and information they desire to travel with ease.
Another workaround is a non-US site.
https://www.united.com/ual/en/ca/
Print Wikipost

New (beta.)united.com layout -now standard site ("Classic View" returns) [2018]

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2018, 7:59 am

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott Plat, HH gold, Avis/Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by cerealmarketer
Looks like an update to make it easier for the 1-2x a year flier to get started more quickly - Kirby's half the revenue from the 1x a year fliers. Lessons from that and Allegiant on the upsell / package.

As long as they don't remove features for advanced users fine with me.
this is what I am worried about. I am very fearful we will have to call to get any advanced bookings done
Old May 3, 2018, 8:04 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Lipstick...pig...
Old May 3, 2018, 8:14 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Pretty good, but when are they going to change the reservations pages and the graphics that still look like 1999
Old May 3, 2018, 9:47 am

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by demkr
Pretty good, but when are they going to change the reservations pages and the graphics that still look like 1999
I think many of us would love if the reservations page and graphics looked like United from 1999.
Old May 3, 2018, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Actually it does work the way you want but in a slightly diferent manner. TAB does, at first, just rotate you thru the choices. Once have your desired choice selected, hit Enter. Now TAB will take you to the next field
Yep, I get that. It _can_ work but doesn't as the existing site does.

United was awesome in that you didn't have to validate the airport code you entered. It throws an error if you screw up. That's perfect. 99% of the time I enter the right code without fat-fingering. For the 1% I'm wrong I'll take an error message. For the hundreds of searches I do a month I'm not going to be forced to select the airport I want to use before moving to the next step.

They are breaking something that's not broken.

-RM
Old May 3, 2018, 10:35 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by murphyUA
I think many of us would love if the reservations page and graphics looked like United from 1999.
Oh for sure! I miss the site and also Apollo. It was all so much more user friendly before Smisek & co came in.
Old May 3, 2018, 1:42 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
apparently all websites MUST move to material design eventually.
Old May 4, 2018, 9:20 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Plat
Ugh. Got fed the new Beta site, and the survey, for the first time today. I know it's the current trend in design, but I truly hope we're reaching peak "information scarcity". Every update like this just removes more information from the page, buries controls into more clicks, and replaces utilities with HD graphics and advertising. I feel like we're converging on the point that Sci-Fi author Neil Stephenson wrote about in "The Diamond Age" -- soon, there won't even be words on the page, just "mediaglyphs" that any toddler could click on to use the site...

But, seriously, this is now harder to use. Even the prior update, with the "tiles" showed you more valuable information. You had your account summary in one block. Upcoming flights in another. Links to all major features of the site handily available on the page, without scrolling. Now, we have the "big and easy" version where you have to swap tabs to see anything. If you click on your account info, you only get a narrow sidebar, and yet they still grey-out the entire page, so you have to click again to do anything else. "My trips" are now giant tiles instead of a list of upcoming trips, so you can't really see anything other than the next upcoming one.

If the goal was to "dumb down" the site, well... congratulations. They've succeeded. *sigh*
Old May 4, 2018, 10:50 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
I have "preview.united.com" subscription turned on in my profile but never got an email about this. This update, like last time, only seems to apply to top level pages, and once you get into something it is still basically the old Continental.
Old May 4, 2018, 11:01 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by Say Vandelay
I have "preview.united.com" subscription turned on in my profile but never got an email about this. This update, like last time, only seems to apply to top level pages, and once you get into something it is still basically the old Continental.
Same for me as it's only a new home page but everything else is the same-old same-old
Old May 4, 2018, 11:06 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Darlox
If the goal was to "dumb down" the site, well... congratulations. They've succeeded. *sigh*
That was exactly my comment on the feedback. If they were going for bland and a reduction in usefullness, then they nailed it!
Miggles likes this.
Old May 4, 2018, 4:00 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
So long as they keep the legacy (what is it, about fifteen years old now?) continental.com manage reservations list page the same, I'm a happy camper.
Old May 4, 2018, 5:09 pm

The more I play with it the more I like the non-Beta version.
Old May 14, 2018, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
New home page (beta)

https://beta.united.com/

I already don't like it. Best thing about current page is quickness to view seats on upcoming flights. Edit - I guess it's about same...

Saved searches are gone?

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; May 14, 2018 at 12:25 pm
Old May 14, 2018, 12:14 pm

Programs: CX Gold
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
I checked it out, and oh man, it is not pretty. For one thing, why are all the input fields so huge? It just looks like a primitive website made by an intern.
Miggles likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.