Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New (beta.)united.com layout -now standard site ("Classic View" returns) [2018]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 14, 2018, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SFO777
Originally Posted by mr8
How to get the old layout back
  1. Delete the cookie named: newHP
  2. Go directly to https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/
  3. Enjoy it while it lasts
United Airlines' Redesigned Homepage Takes Off

Airline unveils new homepage with improved functionality and more personalized experience

CHICAGO, July 12, 2018

Today, United Airlines (UAL) announced the redesigned united.com homepage, featuring a more personalized digital experience for each customer and an updated, more modern, user-friendly design. The new homepage was created to better tailor the experience for customers, while also improving functionality and ease of use.

Some of the key highlights of the new homepage include:
  • A more contemporary, user-friendly design
  • Content personalized based on customer's MileagePlus status as well as upcoming, current and previous trips
  • A new display that is fully responsive for optimal viewing on desktop and mobile devices
  • A travel inspiration integration section that allows customers to explore curated content from different destinations United serves will be available later this year

"Each one of our customers is unique and has different needs for his or her travel, and our goal with this new homepage is to provide customers with a more seamless experience," said Praveen Sharma, vice president of digital products and analytics. "

Personalizing our digital offerings is just another step towards giving our customers the experience and the products that they ask for."United's homepage is the starting point where most of its customers begin their journey. These latest efforts reiterate the airline's dedication to improving the travel experience for its customers, beginning before they book a flight.

The airline first began rolling out the new homepage in April, and continued expanding to more and more users, while adding additional functionality throughout the phased roll out. The site will be live to all customers in early August.

Earlier this year, United updated its mobile website, adding a more optimized display, additional flexibility to adjust flights throughout the site, Japanese language and point of sale and more. The new design of United's homepage will also appear on the airline's mobile website, creating a more seamless experience when managing travel and bookings across a variety of different devices.

Today's announcement is just the latest in United's commitment to invest in all of its platforms to give customers the tools and information they desire to travel with ease.
Another workaround is a non-US site.
https://www.united.com/ual/en/ca/
Print Wikipost

New (beta.)united.com layout -now standard site ("Classic View" returns) [2018]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2018, 3:11 pm
Suspended

The old UA.com is back!

Just was struggling as usual through the new .bomb and noticed a link at the top of the page for "Classic View" -- clicked on it and the old website is back! Thank you UA -- never thought I would miss it!
Old Sep 11, 2018, 3:19 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Supima
The old UA.com is back!
For the front page but new internal pages still remain -- see discussion upthread
chavala likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus
One nice thing though: at some point in the last few days, my "classic view" choice stuck. Now every time I open united.com, I get the classic view. I've watched my browser and it does not appear to have remembered the classic view's URL -- it just looks like the site is redirecting me there.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 3:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
For the front page but new internal pages still remain -- see discussion upthread
For me the only "new" page that remains is the view a reservation page -- every other one has reverted back to the old version - very happy!

Sorry I thought this was new news lol.....
Old Sep 11, 2018, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Supima
Just was struggling as usual through the new .bomb and noticed a link at the top of the page for "Classic View" -- clicked on it and the old website is back! Thank you UA -- never thought I would miss it!
Happy dance here.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
I don't understand why re-checking in for a flight (aka trying to do SDC) takes more steps than it needs to. The "check in" tab is completely useless for an itinerary that's already checked in unless you want to reprint boarding passes.

Otherwise, you have to open the reservation through "My Trips" and then click check in and start the process over again.

At least there's a way to do it I suppose?

-RM
Old Sep 12, 2018, 8:44 am

I seem to be getting all pages in the classic view. I suspect that what view to show depends on per-user settings (a cookie somewhere, or server side cache?) and they are not processing these correctly every time.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 10:12 am

Programs: UA
my 2c: "New look" sucks. Same as i've seen on a lot of other redesigned web-pages in the last 10 years. We where lucky it took UA so long to catch up on this style hype. Fluffy clicking addventure where everything is hidden under click-on-pulldown options, everything is slower, everything looks more apple'ish.

Seemingly there is an audience for this, but its not me. I'd call this the looser, oops: beginner view and the classical view the professional view.
Xyzzy, kittiyut, wpcoe and 1 others like this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Sep 13, 2018 at 2:49 pm Reason: Using symbols, spaces or other methods to mask vulgarities is not allowed.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Well, they are mucking about with the website again. After returning the home page to the "old" one for quite awhile, the new crappy one is back...at least for me.

Have to poke around and see how many pages they have screwed up again.

Xyzzy likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 11:47 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Well, they are mucking about with the website again. After returning the home page to the "old" one for quite awhile, the new crappy one is back...at least for me. ...
I still get the old site

And when I force the new site, the Classic View option is still available.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
I still get the old site

And when I force the new site, the Classic View option is still available.
Hmmm. I have the classic view option, but it doesn't stick...even in the same session. Returning to the home page always results in the newest (crappy) version showing.
When I have some time, I might try other browsers or cookie clearing....
Annoying.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 9:28 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
Has anyone else experienced today that, when advanced searching for mileage upgrades of economy to business (I am looking at some TATL RT itineraries early next year), the website is only showing me the economy prices and economy plus upgrade/waitlist cost, but not the actual business class price - only two columns rather than the usual three, which would permit me to decide whether to buy business class outright rather than waitlist. This is new to me this morning, and on both explorer and google. Last week I did the same searches and all three columns came up. It effectively makes it difficult to buy business on one leg and economy with an upgrade on the other. Before I decide that this is a new United "enhancement", I thought I would check here on the forum to see if it is just me, or a glitch that will go away with time. I happen to notice that some of the prices seem crazy ($5K for economy TATL RT), so maybe it is just a website problem, not a design change.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 9:16 am

This is still happening. Am I the only one seeing this? When I search for international upgrades with miles and copay, I get two columns - the economy fare, and the economy fare plus co-pay and miles, with the little yellow, red and green balloons (well, darn few green balloons) - but the third column that would show the plain business class fare has dropped off.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Artpen100
This is still happening. Am I the only one seeing this? When I search for international upgrades with miles and copay, I get two columns - the economy fare, and the economy fare plus co-pay and miles, with the little yellow, red and green balloons (well, darn few green balloons) - but the third column that would show the plain business class fare has dropped off.
That's how it looks for me as well (in any search, not just international). I only noticed it yesterday, not sure when it happened.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 10:00 am

Hmm. I have a hunch this may be a new "enhancement". Makes it harder to search for R and compare the price to buying business class. Which might be the point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.