Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New (beta.)united.com layout -now standard site ("Classic View" returns) [2018]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 14, 2018, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SFO777
Originally Posted by mr8
How to get the old layout back
  1. Delete the cookie named: newHP
  2. Go directly to https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/
  3. Enjoy it while it lasts
United Airlines' Redesigned Homepage Takes Off

Airline unveils new homepage with improved functionality and more personalized experience

CHICAGO, July 12, 2018

Today, United Airlines (UAL) announced the redesigned united.com homepage, featuring a more personalized digital experience for each customer and an updated, more modern, user-friendly design. The new homepage was created to better tailor the experience for customers, while also improving functionality and ease of use.

Some of the key highlights of the new homepage include:
  • A more contemporary, user-friendly design
  • Content personalized based on customer's MileagePlus status as well as upcoming, current and previous trips
  • A new display that is fully responsive for optimal viewing on desktop and mobile devices
  • A travel inspiration integration section that allows customers to explore curated content from different destinations United serves will be available later this year

"Each one of our customers is unique and has different needs for his or her travel, and our goal with this new homepage is to provide customers with a more seamless experience," said Praveen Sharma, vice president of digital products and analytics. "

Personalizing our digital offerings is just another step towards giving our customers the experience and the products that they ask for."United's homepage is the starting point where most of its customers begin their journey. These latest efforts reiterate the airline's dedication to improving the travel experience for its customers, beginning before they book a flight.

The airline first began rolling out the new homepage in April, and continued expanding to more and more users, while adding additional functionality throughout the phased roll out. The site will be live to all customers in early August.

Earlier this year, United updated its mobile website, adding a more optimized display, additional flexibility to adjust flights throughout the site, Japanese language and point of sale and more. The new design of United's homepage will also appear on the airline's mobile website, creating a more seamless experience when managing travel and bookings across a variety of different devices.

Today's announcement is just the latest in United's commitment to invest in all of its platforms to give customers the tools and information they desire to travel with ease.
Another workaround is a non-US site.
https://www.united.com/ual/en/ca/
Print Wikipost

New (beta.)united.com layout -now standard site ("Classic View" returns) [2018]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2018, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Looks like United is now linking to Timatic to allow passengers to get entry / Visa requirements.

When doing my normal Saturday morning check of reservations to catch schedule changes, I noticed a new blurb at the top of itineraries with Intl flights:

Your upcoming trip requires travel documentation such as passports and/or visas. Use this tool to determine which documents you’ll need.
Link opens a new United.com tab with a standard timatic form.

I don't recall United ever offering this before. This is actually a nice addition. ^

New website design still sucks though...
ajGoes likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
United has long had one of the easiest to access TIMATIC public portals on the web. I'm kind of surprised it took them this long to do that kind of linking.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Looks like United is now linking to Timatic to allow passengers to get entry / Visa requirements.

When doing my normal Saturday morning check of reservations to catch schedule changes, I noticed a new blurb at the top of itineraries with Intl flights:

Link opens a new United.com tab with a standard timatic form.

I don't recall United ever offering this before. This is actually a nice addition. ^

New website design still sucks though...
noticed that too yesterday. The form is not new - always been accessible though UA.com but not necessarily easy to find. Now much easier with an international res.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 12:00 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat

I don't recall United ever offering this before. This is actually a nice addition. ^ ..
It was there last month before the website update but that was Ithe first time I saw it.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 4:01 pm

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
Has anyone managed to log into mileageplus.com since the changeover? I try and login, and it sends me to the new united.com, logged in. I go back to mileageplus.com, and it asks me to log in again. Lather rinse and repeat.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 4:36 pm
mr8
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
Originally Posted by Miles Ahead
Has anyone managed to log into mileageplus.com since the changeover? I try and login, and it sends me to the new united.com, logged in. I go back to mileageplus.com, and it asks me to log in again. Lather rinse and repeat.
Worked fine for me just now. Did you try clearing your cookies?
Old Aug 18, 2018, 4:50 pm

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
Clearing the cookies worked - but it also sent me back to the non-beta page. I'm always hesitant about that, because that might break something else. "Robust" is not the word I would use to describe this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by beachmouse
United has long had one of the easiest to access TIMATIC public portals on the web. I'm kind of surprised it took them this long to do that kind of linking.
Originally Posted by emcampbe
noticed that too yesterday. The form is not new - always been accessible though UA.com but not necessarily easy to find. Now much easier with an international res.
Curious. Where did you get access to Timatic from United.com before this? Was it labeled at timatic, or something else?

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
It was there last month before the website update but that was Ithe first time I saw it.
Was it on this page as well? Didn't notice it until just now...
Old Aug 19, 2018, 9:46 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Curious. Where did you get access to Timatic from United.com before this? Was it labeled at timatic, or something else?
If you knew it existed, it was easier to just google or bing for United TIMATIC and use the link provided (which was the first thing that came up for me) rather than trying to find it from within the United web site.
jsloan and Flying Machine like this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:09 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Curious. Where did you get access to Timatic from United.com before this? Was it labeled at timatic, or something else? ..
still there https://www.united.com/web/en-us/app...aspx?i=TIMATIC
A thread from 2014 mentioning using the TIMATIC access TIMATIC page broken?
Was it on this page as well? Didn't notice it until just now...
... .
It was on the Manage Reservation page for my European trip in mid-July for at least a week or two before the trip

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 19, 2018 at 12:16 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beachmouse
If you knew it existed, it was easier to just google or bing for United TIMATIC and use the link provided (which was the first thing that came up for me) rather than trying to find it from within the United web site.
I had a bookmark to this page from my time flying Continental back in the early '00s. Sadly, it no longer works, as continental.com now redirects to the tire and logistics company of the same name... The point is, it's been around a long time.

But, I agree; I never bothered updating my bookmark because it was so easy to find via Google (and borderline impossible to find otherwise ).
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

still there https://www.united.com/web/en-us/app...aspx?i=TIMATIC
A thread from 2014 mentioning using the TIMATIC access TIMATIC page broken?
It was on the Manage Reservation page for my European trip in mid-July for at least a week or two before the trip
Thanks. Never noticed it during all my years poking around united.com.
Learned something new, and glad to see it more easily located...at least for my habits.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:10 pm

Programs: UA 1k
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Tried the same thing today and I also can't find it.

Note that online receipts will almost never match a changed itinerary. This has been the case for years on United.com and is not a result of the new website. The new website is simply lipstick on an even uglier pig now. Even if you're lucky enough to get the old website to come up you will see the "old" receipt. Most rebookings on United simply require a ticket re-validation which won't change the receipt. Only if the ticket is reissued will you see a new receipt (and even then it almost never changed for me -- but United was good at emailing it when I made a change).

-RM
so frustrating...

as a workaround I used the phone app to "email summary", it took like 15min but i got a revalidated ticket e-mailed to me showing R as class. esp if something goes haywire, i like evidence that i had indeed been upgraded haha
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: UA Platinum (1MM Gold), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
What happened to partner confirmation numbers?

Using search to check this thread, I didn't find anything that seemed like my issue: 2 of my four booked international trips (all through united.com) which include (or are exclusively on) Star* partners do not include the partner confirmation/PNR numbers. One of these was done before the new web site went live and I absolutely know that the partner number was available under the "Additional Confirmation Number" link which used to be on the web site. Fortunately, I was able to track down the missing numbers using other Star* sites...but I shouldn't have to do this.

Maybe to compensate, United has conveniently provided an additional partner number for Aer Lingus on an itinerary that has nothing to do with the flight (and, no, no code share). It only has segments on SAS and TAP Portugal.
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Portolan
Maybe to compensate, United has conveniently provided an additional partner number for Aer Lingus on an itinerary that has nothing to do with the flight (and, no, no code share). It only has segments on SAS and TAP Portugal.
Try using that confirmation number on SAS and TAP Portugal. I've had the wrong airline show up in that display before.

Also, try the app; you may find the confirmation numbers there.
Xyzzy and ajGoes like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.