Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New (beta.)united.com layout -now standard site ("Classic View" returns) [2018]

Old Jul 14, 2018, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SFO777
Originally Posted by mr8
How to get the old layout back
  1. Delete the cookie named: newHP
  2. Go directly to https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/
  3. Enjoy it while it lasts
United Airlines' Redesigned Homepage Takes Off

Airline unveils new homepage with improved functionality and more personalized experience

CHICAGO, July 12, 2018

Today, United Airlines (UAL) announced the redesigned united.com homepage, featuring a more personalized digital experience for each customer and an updated, more modern, user-friendly design. The new homepage was created to better tailor the experience for customers, while also improving functionality and ease of use.

Some of the key highlights of the new homepage include:
  • A more contemporary, user-friendly design
  • Content personalized based on customer's MileagePlus status as well as upcoming, current and previous trips
  • A new display that is fully responsive for optimal viewing on desktop and mobile devices
  • A travel inspiration integration section that allows customers to explore curated content from different destinations United serves will be available later this year

"Each one of our customers is unique and has different needs for his or her travel, and our goal with this new homepage is to provide customers with a more seamless experience," said Praveen Sharma, vice president of digital products and analytics. "

Personalizing our digital offerings is just another step towards giving our customers the experience and the products that they ask for."United's homepage is the starting point where most of its customers begin their journey. These latest efforts reiterate the airline's dedication to improving the travel experience for its customers, beginning before they book a flight.

The airline first began rolling out the new homepage in April, and continued expanding to more and more users, while adding additional functionality throughout the phased roll out. The site will be live to all customers in early August.

Earlier this year, United updated its mobile website, adding a more optimized display, additional flexibility to adjust flights throughout the site, Japanese language and point of sale and more. The new design of United's homepage will also appear on the airline's mobile website, creating a more seamless experience when managing travel and bookings across a variety of different devices.

Today's announcement is just the latest in United's commitment to invest in all of its platforms to give customers the tools and information they desire to travel with ease.
Another workaround is a non-US site.
https://www.united.com/ual/en/ca/
Print Wikipost

New (beta.)united.com layout -now standard site ("Classic View" returns) [2018]

Old Jul 26, 2018, 1:55 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
At least the wacky award options are still there, bless United's heart. I was just offered VPS-IAH-OMA-ORD-CDG as the only Paris economy saver option on a given day. (VPS-IAH-IND-YYZ-CDG is pricing out at 70K one way for cattle class on that same day)
Brendan and jsloan like this.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 3:10 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
It's live now!!!
Not live for me until today. So, it may not be live for everyone yet.

What's up with United's ridiculous Space Invaders-era graphic?

https://www.united.com/en/US/manager...372000ac3a.gif

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 26, 2018 at 4:03 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Jul 26, 2018, 3:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by RNE
What's up with United's ridiculous Space Invaders-era graphic?

https://www.united.com/en/US/manager...372000ac3a.gif
Had that game as a kid, I only wish the games my kids play was so simple. Now I have to manage the game account, call my wife and ask if some new charge on CC is correct, and listen to my son fighting online with friends and family at 6am. At least he gets up early.
RNE likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 7:51 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Anyone getting a security error when trying to visit United.com?

In chrome, I get "NET::ERR_CERT_SYMANTEC_LEGACY" which means UA is using a no-longer trusted security certificate issued by Symantec or its subsidiaries (including GeoTrust, Thawte, and VeriSign)
Old Jul 27, 2018, 8:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Are the same people doing FT's website upgrades now?
1P and mr8 like this.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by eng3
Anyone getting a security error when trying to visit United.com?

In chrome, I get "NET::ERR_CERT_SYMANTEC_LEGACY" which means UA is using a no-longer trusted security certificate issued by Symantec or its subsidiaries (including GeoTrust, Thawte, and VeriSign)
Working fine for me, even in different browsers.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 8:57 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Ugh I'm really not a fan. Whose brilliant idea was so much white space? I now have to scroll down to see simple information in reservations with just one segment.

But hey what really matters is trying to upsell me, right, United?
Old Jul 27, 2018, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by CMK10
Ugh I'm really not a fan. Whose brilliant idea was so much white space? I now have to scroll down to see simple information in reservations with just one segment.

Sorta looks like AA boarding passes...

David
Old Jul 27, 2018, 9:46 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by COSPILOT
Working fine for me, even in different browsers.
Oh, I forgot, I'm using Chrome Canary (an newer version). I guess it will eventually become an issue
Old Jul 27, 2018, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by eng3
Oh, I forgot, I'm using Chrome Canary (an newer version). I guess it will eventually become an issue
Just booked 2 trips for August, while the home page and flight selection were the same, the confirmation page looked new. Slowly making its way into my system...
Old Jul 27, 2018, 2:01 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by CMK10

I've been in web design since the late 1990s. White space (better called "negative space") is all the rage nowadays. But it's not supposed to be embedded in data elements; negative space should be outside/around the elements. Look how unnecessarily and awkwardly "tall" the departure and arrival information is. That looks "clean" maybe, but forces vertical scrolling. Form stymies function here.

RNE, opining that a website is a tool that should look artful, not artwork that tools along.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 3:39 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
I booked an award reservation for my wife with my miles today. The confirmation email was never sent to my email account (only the "processing" email was sent). Also, the reservation did not appear on "my trips" list automatically. I manually added it later after I called 1K line. However, the reservation did appear on App of my wife's account (not on my App, either).
The other complaint is that it took several minutes to open an existing reservation. This is true for both Firefox and Sefari.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Got it for the first time today. Why after I log in is everything grayed out until I close the login window in an unnecessary step? And, yes, scroll scroll scroll. At least I’m back in normal land once I hit the flight selection screen, for now.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
They finally fixed some of the horrendous login issues. At least now it is just ugly and clumsy ... I can work with that.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 11:17 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
As the discussion about how to see PQDs above $12K and after 1K (re-)qualification after the changes of the new United.com design has sprung up in three different threads, have consolidated the discussion into a single thread, https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...ly-2017-a.html. Future PQD display posts will also be moved to the consoldiated thread.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
goodeats21 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.